ROM Hack Question [REQUEST] Ys VIII save editor

Queen of SoS

Story of Seasons Queen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have a save file that’s good at least. This game requires serious grinding and it’s fun but after awhile it becomes a bit tedious.

Magnus Hydra

It’s rare for me to be here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried editing some simple things (like the number of Life Elixers in my inventory) to check if it works, but every time I get a corrupted save file error when I try to load it in game. if I inject my unedited backup save files, then I don't get this error.

The file I looked at was the SAVEDATA.DAT file of the relevant save file number. Finding the addresses for common materials and other inventory items was pretty simple. If I understand it correctly they appear twice in the file: once near the start, and once just over halfway through the file. I've tried editing my inventory count at only one of these places AND at both places, but each time I get that my save file is corrupted. I was very careful to edit only one simple thing (I only edited my Life Elixer inventory count to have 21 instead of 20), in order to check if I was doing the right thing. I have no clue why my save files are getting corrupted. Hopefully someone who understands this sort of thing better can figure this out.
Upload two save files. The 2nd sell something then save. Provide any offset address you know of. I’ll see if I can crack the checksum

ctrlaltdelete

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Upload two save files. The 2nd sell something then save. Provide any offset address you know of. I’ll see if I can crack the checksum

Here you go. 0059 has one Sturdy(?) Bone more than 0060 (397 vs. 396). I've included screenshots of my inventory for your convenience. The Sturdy Bone or whatever it was is the 3rd common material. I saved both times immediately after warping to the same place, so the camera and position of the main character should be identical on both save files. All that's different is the Sturdy Bone count. I've also added an image of my notes (offsets) and an image of the location of the common materials in the code. Let me know if you need anything else.

Does anyone have a save file that’s good at least. This game requires serious grinding and it’s fun but after awhile it becomes a bit tedious.

These save files are from somewhere in chapter 3. I shoud have more materials than you'll ever need. The difficulty level is high (infinity nightmare), but you can lower it if you're struggling. It's a new game plus with op accessories carried over. Enjoy.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I beat this game today on normal difficulty. the last boss is pretty brutal, so I can understand the need for something like this. I own the switch version as well. and, my system is stock. ;)

Takumah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you make this save files to work I try checkpoint, but it doesn't show up.

oh ya just need to make your own back up then you put it into nxsave folder (only the data59 and data60)
btw ya need DLC to use this save

Here you go. 0059 has one Sturdy(?) Bone more than 0060 (397 vs. 396). I've included screenshots of my inventory for your convenience. The Sturdy Bone or whatever it was is the 3rd common material. I saved both times immediately after warping to the same place, so the camera and position of the main character should be identical on both save files. All that's different is the Sturdy Bone count. I've also added an image of my notes (offsets) and an image of the location of the common materials in the code. Let me know if you need anything else.

These save files are from somewhere in chapter 3. I shoud have more materials than you'll ever need. The difficulty level is high (infinity nightmare), but you can lower it if you're struggling. It's a new game plus with op accessories carried over. Enjoy.

do have a save where it completely starts at beginning (ya know a New Game Plus start)

I apologize for demanding too much but i kinda really wanna start at beginning for the story

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think new game plus is a little different. it won't let you load the save outside of the title screen iirc. I'm not sure if the auto save is unique as well. though, all saves may be the same.

edit: that's clear data. I think you'll miss some things if you just start on board the Lombardia.

Last edited by godreborn,

Takumah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think new game plus is a little different. it won't let you load the save outside of the title screen iirc. I'm not sure if the auto save is unique as well. though, all saves may be the same.

edit: that's clear data. I think you'll miss some things if you just start on board the Lombardia.

now i feel dumb lol i forgot what it was called but no worries~ i actually watched the opening (youtube exist!)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would upload my save but I'm keeping my system stock. the save is where you want it too - the beginning of the game on new game plus. I just started sonic mania. now, that game is pretty brutal too. maybe I should try breath of the wild next? I own it, just haven't played it. :D

Takumah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would upload my save but I'm keeping my system stock. the save is where you want it too - the beginning of the game on new game plus. I just started sonic mania. now, that game is pretty brutal too. maybe I should try breath of the wild next? I own it, just haven't played it. :D
lol master mode is more brutal (if i remember right !)
xenoblade is also brutal

keep a back up ^_^

ctrlaltdelete

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
This is a clear data save file. You can use this to start a new game plus with all kinds of stuff carried over. I recommend carrying over "Skills & Skill Levels", "Materials & Ingredients", and the two "Playthrough Bonuses" if you don't want to grind anything but still want a decent challenge. Carrying over equipment can easily make you op, and map progress will contain spoilers.

Only tick the Infinity Mode box if you also choose to carry over levels, because on Infinity Mode the enemies start out at level 60+, and you'll only do 1 damage against them at level 2.

If you for some reason want to play the game with a party of only 1 or 2 instead of the usual 3, then you must carry over equipment.

Enjoy.

Last edited by ctrlaltdelete,

Magnus Hydra

It’s rare for me to be here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The checksum is at the end of the save but I am not sure how it is made yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)