ROM Hack Question [REQUEST] Ys VIII save editor

redmagejosh

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
It could have been a flag set wrong with the very first editor I made. I would use the save editor to add items for now. I'm planning on adding a function to give all items and max value.

My editor is in a "beta" phase and could use some testers. Any feed back is appreciated.

Edit1:
*Fixed inventory count
*Added cheat tab
Well I'm not that far into the game so I'll try using the editor and starting a new file cause right now I'm stuck. The game won't let me zone out to other parts of the map and since the fast travel is disabled it is impossible to progress any further. I'll post the save here in case you want to check it out.

Attachments

• 01007F200B0C0000.zip
    61 KB · Views: 237

Nazosan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My editor is in a "beta" phase and could use some testers. Any feed back is appreciated.

Edit1:
*Fixed inventory count
*Added cheat tab
I used it several days back while I was once again locked into Dana's side with no free back and forth switching and it replaced that wing adventure item (uhm, sorry, I forget what it's called just atm) that lets you double jump with the floating boots that let you walk on marshes/etc. Unfortunately that made some areas inaccessible, so the editor became unusable for me at that time. (I'm not sure if this was before or after your latest changes.)

I was thinking I might provide a copy of my saves from later in the game if that might help you. I think the 37 one is the after edit and the 31 is the before (basically I just backed up twice and edited the second one.) Unless I deleted the edit outright. I think I'm past the point where I really need a save editor and when I do beat the game I don't particularly want to start over for quite some time, so I probably can't help anymore beyond this point.

This is with the DLC (several costume parts and such for several characters are activated.) I don't know if that will cause problems if you don't have the DLC actually installed or if the game would just simply revert to defaults/remove them/whatever.

Uhm. It goes without saying, but there are spoilers if you talk to anyone or go forward to the end boss/etc. But if you just check the inventory it should be fine.

Attachments

• 0x01007F200B0C0000 Ys VIII Lacrimosa of DANA.rar
    142 KB · Views: 210
Last edited by Nazosan,

CSpiritsong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
HI folks. Can I ask what's the state of the save editor?

I've read all 6 pages, so I came to two conclusion.

The first file is right in halfway of the story. Its still there.
The second file is like right at the beginning, but was removed because it was buggy.

Any good "in the beginning" files that are available?

mirage548

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
i got the mod of having all danas in main story but all of then SLASH type, there is any save file code or mode that let me change each dana to another attribute like yellow to pierce and green to strike, without using medals.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-