Homebrew Request to game ports. Making a list

Mr.Mister

Trophies
Website
forum.72dpiarmy.com
XP
Country
United States
What's funny is that HoMM III is actually possible on DS, it's just we don't have the source code or any code to go off of.
frown.gif

EliteKill

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mr.Mister said:
What's funny is that HoMM III is actually possible on DS, it's just we don't have the source code or any code to go off of.
frown.gif
There was already someone who started to remake it, but he stopped a few years ago. Currently I'm working as a spriter for SSBC, but I'm learning coding in my school and next year I will learn a lot more. If I recall, the guy who started it stopped because he had problem with the graphics. Funny thing is, extracting graphics from that game is as easy as hell (from my own experience at modding WoG).

Mr.Mister

Trophies
Website
forum.72dpiarmy.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, I guess since Ubisoft holds the rights to the IP, we can only hope they pull their head out of their asses and port/remake a proper Might & Magic game.
wink.gif

(Clash of Heroes *might* be good, but the artstyle and the gameplay don't feel Might & Magic AT ALL.)

El Dimentio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought of two games, one that's popular and would be quite hard to emulate because of a special chip it uses (SMW2: Yoshi's Island) and one that's awesome (IMO) but short and simple that would be easy to remake (Top Gear).

It would be amazing to see someone actually attempt to port one of these games
biggrin.gif

picketf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
I hope I will see one day a remake of either

Choplifter
or
Desert Strike

on the Nintendo DS

I remember how stunned I was when I first played Soviet Strike on the Playstation.
Definatelly high next gen potential in this old school concept

EliteKill

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mr.Mister said:
Well, I guess since Ubisoft holds the rights to the IP, we can only hope they pull their head out of their asses and port/remake a proper Might & Magic game.
wink.gif

(Clash of Heroes *might* be good, but the artstyle and the gameplay don't feel Might & Magic AT ALL.)

Clash of Heroes is really good, take it from me. It's so addicting... You need to play it to believe it.

On another note, I just checked and the guy who started HoMM III DS deleted his blog, which probably means he officially quit...

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Screwing around like usual, I was amazed to find something that I thought was actually amazing xD. Its a remake of Project Diva (PSP) into a computer version! Originally I thought it would be something close to stepmania or the suchlike, but it is a hell of a lot harder than it seemed (to me at least). And so, it would be cool to have a remake of the computer version of project diva (its called PPD) if anyone wanted to try and make it.

DoodleMaestro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd love a Cavestory port, but I know Pixel threw down that hiatus.
If anyone wanted to see if he had a change of heart since the wiiware release was rejected the first time and is taking forever to come out, his E-mail address is here:
[email protected]
I think it wouldn't be appropriate for me to ask though, since I lack the skills to actually do the project myself.
Also, tomorrow is CS' fifth anniversary.
(yay!)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.