[REQUEST] Ticket (.TIK) Injection Tutorial

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Darthlink9, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Darthlink9
    OP

Darthlink9 GBATemp Resident Heartbreaker

Feb 18, 2016
    United States
    Nearby
    The title should say it all. I'm simply requesting a tutorial (or link to a tutorial) on ticket injection. Every time I try, my game (Fire Emblem Awakening) Fails at 99% like, mere seconds before it would be complete. This is pissing me off, for obvious reasons. I am using Download now and Download Later about 50/50, if it helps.

2. Daggot

Daggot GBAtemp Fan

Aug 3, 2015
    United States
    There's one that also contains a link clean ticket collection separated by region on the tutorial section of "that chaos site".

3. Darthlink9
    OP

Feb 18, 2016
    United States
    Nearby
    I'm using one of said tickets, but the download always fails at 99%.

Last edited by Darthlink9, Apr 30, 2016
  4. Xenosaiga

Xenosaiga That one guy that doesn't give a shit anymore

Oct 9, 2015
    United States
    The Shadows
    That's very perceptive of you. Beat me to it before I could say anything about it. Lol.

Anyways, @Darthlink9, I did give warning that some of the :tik files may not work at all. These .tik files have bad keys.

It's nothing on my part that makes them bad. I can only use what has been shared.

Although fire emblem awakening should be working. If anything it is a legit game and can be found as just a CIA.

Also, if using the most recent version of FBI you can install directly from CDN without having to access the eShop. Just launch FBI, go to SD, navigate to where your .tik files are, install the .tik file and take note of the Title ID, back on FBI main menu go down to tickets and look for the title ID you just installed. Open it and it should have an option to 'Download from CDN' select this and it should start downloading. This could potentially fix your problem but is not guaranteed.

Last edited by Xenosaiga, Apr 30, 2016
  5. Darthlink9
    OP

Feb 18, 2016
    United States
    Nearby
    Thanks for the tips! I think I know what's going on now. I don't have the best internet around (Comporium SUCKS) nearly half of my downloads on my laptop or anything else fails as well. I'm paying for 60 Mbps and I'm lucky if I get 5 Mbps. everyone I know of that has them has the same problem, and we can't switch because Comporium has a monopoly on internet, cable, and phone around here. i'll try the CDN and Report back soon!

[EDIT]CDN failed as well with the following: Result code 0xD8E0806A
    Level: Permanent (27)
    Summary: Invalid Argument (7)
    Module: AM (32)
    Desc: Cert signature or hash check failed (106)

so what now?

Last edited by Darthlink9, Apr 30, 2016
    Xenosaiga likes this.
  6. Josephvb10

Josephvb10 The Pokémon guy

Aug 26, 2009
    Lumiose City
    The reason why it stops at 99% is that previously you installed a bad ticket for the game (probably via a CIA). You need to remove the bad ticket first using FBI.

Edit: if it also fails using an external program, then it means the titlekeys / ticket is just wrong.

Xenosaiga likes this.
  7. Xenosaiga

Xenosaiga That one guy that doesn't give a shit anymore

Oct 9, 2015
    United States
    The Shadows
    That means the .tik file is bad and that the key that was used to make then.tik file is bad.

Some keys are just plain wrong. We gotta wait a little while longer while the site keeps getting updated.

8. Ketchup901

Ketchup901 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 1, 2015
    Stockholm
    You just install them with FBI

9. Darthlink9
    OP

Feb 18, 2016
    United States
    Nearby
    Well, okay then. Could be worse, I suppose. Thanks for the Help!

10. DarkFlare69

DarkFlare69 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 8, 2014
    United States
    Ohio
    This assumes you have a valid ticket

11. AnalogMan

AnalogMan sumoCheatMenu Dev

Apr 20, 2007
    United States
    What region?

12. Darthlink9
    OP

Feb 18, 2016
    United States
    Nearby
    NTSC-U. trying to download Fire Emblem Awakening. I ended up just removing a game and installing Fire Emblem through TitleManager.