[Request]Rouge Port

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Sykoh, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Sykoh
    OP

Sykoh Leader of the Brick Masterrace

Aug 21, 2015
    Your Bricked SYSNAND
    Can someone port anything like:
    Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup
    nethack
    DoomRL

SLiV3R and Thorsb like this.
  2. Coleman_C18

Coleman_C18 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 1, 2015
    United States
    Last edited by Coleman_C18, Nov 19, 2015
  3. PaiiNSteven

PaiiNSteven Newbie

4. Arseface_TM

Arseface_TM Board Game Dev

Sep 16, 2015
    United States
    I already looked into porting DCSS. Last I checked ctrulib doesn't support c++ vectors, and DCSS uses them for a number of things. Whoever wanted to port it would have to do some decently major overhauls.
    DoomRL isn't open source, so it getting ported is unlikely at best. It's also written in Pascal, and as far as I know we don't have a Pascal interpreter yet.

I know it hasn't been mentioned, but I kind of want to look into Sil now. If Angband can be ported then Sil should be able to.

I have a notebook of UI designs specifically for making ported roguelikes playable, since I absolutely loathe most of the android ports.

5. Sykoh
    OP

Sykoh Leader of the Brick Masterrace

Aug 21, 2015
    Your Bricked SYSNAND
  6. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    For the record the GBA and DS got quite a few roguelikes ported if you wanted something to base a 3ds version from (personally I would just play the DS versions as I am not sure the 3ds has all that much to offer, and I have DS flash carts, but hey).
    http://www.zincland.com/powder/index.php?pagename=release being a good example of an open source one, I have not followed the progress of SDL on the 3ds thus far but there is also a SDL version of powder which was used for the PSP (and PC/linux/mac/....) versions.

SLiV3R likes this.
  7. SLiV3R

SLiV3R 3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206

Jan 9, 2006
    I cant believe none of this has happened yet!

Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup would be THE perfect fit on the 3DS. If we got a couple of Roguelikes ported to the 3DS, it would be my pocket Roguelike-machine! (The PSViTA is my pocket Roguelike-machine now. But I like the 3DS buttons and d-pad much better)

You can play those great Roguelike games for 100+ hours, like I did with Spelunky!!! :)