• Replies 6
  • Likes 2

Arseface_TM

Board Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already looked into porting DCSS. Last I checked ctrulib doesn't support c++ vectors, and DCSS uses them for a number of things. Whoever wanted to port it would have to do some decently major overhauls.
DoomRL isn't open source, so it getting ported is unlikely at best. It's also written in Pascal, and as far as I know we don't have a Pascal interpreter yet.

I know it hasn't been mentioned, but I kind of want to look into Sil now. If Angband can be ported then Sil should be able to.

I have a notebook of UI designs specifically for making ported roguelikes playable, since I absolutely loathe most of the android ports.

Reactions: SLiV3R and Thorsb

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For the record the GBA and DS got quite a few roguelikes ported if you wanted something to base a 3ds version from (personally I would just play the DS versions as I am not sure the 3ds has all that much to offer, and I have DS flash carts, but hey).
http://www.zincland.com/powder/index.php?pagename=release being a good example of an open source one, I have not followed the progress of SDL on the 3ds thus far but there is also a SDL version of powder which was used for the PSP (and PC/linux/mac/....) versions.

Reactions: SLiV3R

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
I cant believe none of this has happened yet!

Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup would be THE perfect fit on the 3DS. If we got a couple of Roguelikes ported to the 3DS, it would be my pocket Roguelike-machine! (The PSViTA is my pocket Roguelike-machine now. But I like the 3DS buttons and d-pad much better)

You can play those great Roguelike games for 100+ hours, like I did with Spelunky!!! :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 👈 Always touching 🍆 +1