[Request] Remapping controls

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by BlueCrimsonX, Jan 29, 2015.

1. BlueCrimsonX
    OP

BlueCrimsonX GBAtemp Regular

Aug 4, 2013
    United States
    U.S.A in Kyoto
    I would like to know if it's even possible in concept. I am at wits end playing some games with circle pad and having some jump buttons be (A). PLEASE let me know!:cry:

2. Relys

Relys Master of Computer Science

Jan 5, 2007
    United States
    You'd probably have to hook into whatever system function handles polling the button states via IO registers and remap them. You might be able to write a plugin for cell9's CFW for that. Either that or you'd have to do it on a game-by-game basis by modifying the games .code segment which would probably be easier to implement.

Celice likes this.
  3. BlueCrimsonX
    OP

BlueCrimsonX GBAtemp Regular

Aug 4, 2013
    United States
    U.S.A in Kyoto
    Thanks for the info ill look into the CFW way. it sound like when people remapped the controls on RE4 on the wii using ocarina codes.

4. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    The ocarina codes could have been a hack to the game's code rather than system level (I have not pulled them apart at this point), system level would most likely have involved IOS anyway.

Relys said most of what I would have, we did have a similar thread a few months back https://gbatemp.net/threads/control...ames-button-configuration-do-you-hate.373972/ but not much more was said.

You might also want to have a look at http://s462158067.onlinehome.us/docs/sfchacktut.html
    It is for the DS and requires tools the 3ds does not have the true equivalent of at this stage (still possible, just considerably more annoying) if it does come to pass that you have to hack the game at game level rather than firmware level.

Naturally all this will require a homebrew/hacked games level of hacked 3DS.

5. Rinnegatamante

Rinnegatamante GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 24, 2014
    Italy
    Bologna
    You can do it only with NTR CFW. With ninjhax/CIAs/3DS files is impossible.

6. Ericss

Ericss GBAtemp Fan

Sep 1, 2010
    United States
    Well, do you know of any NTR CFW plugins that allow this? Because it should be especially useful on NTR CFW, where X+Y is used for screenshots.

7. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    If you can run a CIA then I believe you can run a hacked ROM and thus should be able to remap something. With straight ninjhax or a sky3ds you would lack the level of access required for this but it is more than just a custom firmware.