Homebrew [REQUEST] Project M/B/4 for smash bros

Which would be a good name for the mod?

• Total voters

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just thinking something along the lines of music mods, texture mods like character skins/outfits, and stage mods. Not to turn it into melee.

zezzo

The "Black Ace"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing I'd want for a Smash 4 mod is Project M's stamina without blast zones.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH I actually can't stand paying Melee or Project M, but WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH.
Lol that would be nice!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I've been working on a actual custom character for Sm4sh. But got nearly no where so far. I have the model imported in the game and animations are in too, but the game claims an error occurred and I need to refer to the Nintendo Manuel. ( Like it's going to give me hacking advice. HA! ) But, no. I am stuck on my own project.
Cool when u get it working you should make ganonpikachu

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Lol that would be nice!

Cool when u get it working you should make ganonpikachu
I'm already inexperienced as it is, I highly doubt my abilities to finish what I started. So, I suppose we will see where I can take it.

br3compactor

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The only thing I'd want for a Smash 4 mod is Project M's stamina without blast zones.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH I actually can't stand paying Melee or Project M, but WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH.

You mean this?

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I actually got the model to load into a stage. But, it's in T-form the entire time and attacking causes lag. But, it's progress, I suppose. :) I'll provide screenshots when avaliable .

Reactions: Arseface_TM

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont see whats wrong with another melee. Personally, I would love to have an online integration into a game like that, especially since i never got the chance to play that game with a multitude of people (everyone i know knows brawl mainly) However, i would also like to see this for other reasons as well (mainly since that game was based on rushing, and i play a rush-ish archetype character, and HATE zoning characters in ssb4, but that is just my personal opinion). Also, from what I have read about project M and the whole romhack scene, they said they were not interested in figuring out how ssb4 works and do all the work that they did for Brawl. As much as i would love to see a game like this on the 3ds, it would take a while to make, and we would need a whole new team for it.

(please dont hate, i've played melee, and i wish i could get into it now (especially since i like the playstyle), but its a little late (about 14 years too late))

Last edited by TimX24968B,

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont see whats wrong with another melee. Personally, I would love to have an online integration into a game like that, especially since i never got the chance to play that game with a multitude of people (everyone i know knows brawl mainly) However, i would also like to see this for other reasons as well (mainly since that game was based on rushing, and i play a rush-ish archetype character, and HATE zoning characters in ssb4, but that is just my personal opinion). Also, from what I have read about project M and the whole romhack scene, they said they were not interested in figuring out how ssb4 works and do all the work that they did for Brawl. As much as i would love to see a game like this on the 3ds, it would take a while to make, and we would need a whole new team for it.

(please dont hate, i've played melee, and i wish i could get into it now (especially since i like the playstyle), but its a little late (about 14 years too late))
A. it is ABSOLUTELY not too late to get into melee. Trust me on that. Leffen has emerged at #6 in.. i'm not sure the exact number of years, but let's say five or less. Way less, probably, since he only came to public importance in 2013. The Meme Hell train isn't stopping soon, not until S5 releases, at least.
B. thanks for wording what i was trying to say: it's going to take ridiculous amounts of dedication (among other things that we simply don't have) to make another PM out of the blue.

Last edited by darklordrs,

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A. it is ABSOLUTELY not too late to get into melee. Trust me on that. Leffen has emerged at #6 in.. i'm not sure the exact number of years, but let's say five or less. Way less, probably, since he only came to public importance in 2013.
B. thanks for wording what i was trying to say: it's going to take ridiculous amounts of dedication (among other things that we simply don't have) to make another PM out of the blue.
The only thing is, i don't have much of a community to play with (not to mention that may change in a year from now or 2.) Smash 4's online is pretty good most of the time (except when the guy your playing against is on terrible internet or halfway around the world.), and i just wish i could get into melee like that, especially since the way brawl and ssb4 are, I've been forced to play a defensive character as well (which i dont like NEARLY as much as my rush-like character main.) Again, I think this whole "offense" over "defense" thing is one of the things that makes the game so competitive (it also keeps the game much more energizing, in my opinion), which can attract a toxic community in the right hands <-- That is what people hate about melee (unless you love zoning and playing mindgames in a fighting game). (this is all kinda based on what i know so i apologize if some of this may not be accurate, and please dont hate.)

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing is, i don't have much of a community to play with (not to mention that may change in a year from now or 2.) Smash 4's online is pretty good most of the time (except when the guy your playing against is on terrible internet or halfway around the world.), and i just wish i could get into melee like that, especially since the way brawl and ssb4 are, I've been forced to play a defensive character as well (which i dont like NEARLY as much as my rush-like character main.) Again, I think this whole "offense" over "defense" thing is one of the things that makes the game so competitive (it also keeps the game much more energizing, in my opinion), which can attract a toxic community in the right hands <-- That is what people hate about melee (unless you love zoning and playing mindgames in a fighting game). (this is all kinda based on what i know so i apologize if some of this may not be accurate, and please dont hate.)
If you have a good enough computer and an adapter, you can play netplay Melee or netplay SD Remix online on Anther's Ladder. Or you could start your own scene - it may not start off too quick, but so far it's only been a month and I already have a bit under a dozen people playing melee\pm locally with me.

I can understand that the offensive\defensive argument can be really annoying, but you have to understand where Melee players are coming from -- a time where Melee played quite a bit like smash 4 does now after a year, to now, wherein Melee is famous for flashy, cool zero to deaths and rivalries between players that translate into the game flawlessly. Smash 4, as it stands, simply doesn't have the capacity for this with all that it presents - it's a good game, just not the right kind of good game, in this case.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey