gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Or be like Gateway and have an option to enable/disable it on the fly. And I'd assume if NTR (or a clone) were to be added to Luma, then it'd be a lot more stable than it is now.
Again, it'd become too bloated. A separate CIA to boot it would be much better imo.

shadowofdarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You used the SR bot on PKMN-NTR? I can never get pass 99, it's so weird and annoying.

I never used that one before, just a setup I made myself. I never even knew it could be a bot. I have tried it just now and it has been going for 1.5 hours with no problems. But it does the disabling of the PSS so that should be expected.

I remember with my setup I would rarely get a system freeze but it was rare and I regularly did multi thousand attempts.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never used that one before, just a setup I made myself. I never even knew it could be a bot. I have tried it just now and it has been going for 1.5 hours with no problems. But it does the disabling of the PSS so that should be expected.

I remember with my setup I would rarely get a system freeze but it was rare and I regularly did multi thousand attempts.

Judging by your wording, I take it you don't mean soft resetting normally, as in your hands and fingers?

shadowofdarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Judging by your wording, I take it you don't mean soft resetting normally, as in your hands and fingers?

No, using input redirection and a keyboard scripting utility (Linux) on my computer to send the keypresses. I just manually glanced at the screen to confirm shiny before it did the next reset since I was not good enough to have it check for the shiny.

Nanquitas

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The fact that you can't change game when using a plugin is probably due of the memory used by the plugin.

The memory allocated for the plugin si not freed, so the next game can't load because it can't allocate enough memory for the game.
Maybe a home plugin to force the exit of the game's plugin and a way to free the memory used by the plugin would fix that.

Just guessing, no proof of any kind that it's the problem.

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Actually if @cell9 would share the source it would be a lot easier, but well it's his decision, and we can't do anything, he said no, so no source for us...

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Actually if @cell9 would share the source it would be a lot easier, but well it's his decision, and we can't do anything, he said no, so no source for us...
It is his right. The drama around NTR not being open source already happened. People need to move on. It isn't open-source, it is the dev's choice, and, not only because we don't have the source, but as a principle, we have to accept it and shut up. Really. You probably don't mean to start the drama again, but the potential to trigger another discussion around this matter is here.

Hell, I replied. Lol

Sent from my cave of despair where I collect souls

nic0lette

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is his right. The drama around NTR not being open source already happened. People need to move on. It isn't open-source, it is the dev's choice, and, not only because we don't have the source, but as a principle, we have to accept it and shut up. Really. You probably don't mean to start the drama again, but the potential to trigger another discussion around this matter is here.

Hence why I'd rather have something new. A replacement for NTR that is open source from the start. Essentially I'm looking for the one piece of software Arm9Loader users (such as myself) are really missing when compared to Gateway: easy to use, stable cheats. XD

YugamiSekai

Mr. Picross
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally the NTR Viewer could use some tuning. It starts lagging when I'm right next to my router. I would like to see a New NTR but @cell9 is not releasing the source for some unknown reason (which is stupid, because it could really benefit us).

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hence why I'd rather have something new. A replacement for NTR that is open source from the start. Essentially I'm looking for the one piece of software Arm9Loader users (such as myself) are really missing when compared to Gateway: easy to use, stable cheats. XD

More than that, just a stable NTR. This soft reset thing used alongside PKMN-NTR, I can never go past 99.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
nope, he did indeed say he had deleted the source to shut people who who kept pestering.......true or not, idk, but i guess either way he decided he had enough of people asking/demanding he open source it even while he was adding cool new features.....that said i can only assume he was also getting bored of developing it anyway or i doubt people whinging at him would have made him quit, or maybe he didn't quit but wanted to keep his work private from that point forward, who knows,

but yeah i would have liked to have seen how far the video steaming could have been pushed, and having the input redirection built in would have been cool

Last edited by gamesquest1,

Nanquitas

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Maybe one day, but there's no point in requesting this sort of work.
If someone do it, he'll do it because he want to, not because it's requested.

Personally the NTR Viewer could use some tuning. It starts lagging when I'm right next to my router. I would like to see a New NTR but @cell9 is not releasing the source for some unknown reason (which is stupid, because it could really benefit us).
In what it is stupid ?

Just because it could really benefit us he must give the source code ?
Then ask Nintendo for the full source code of the 3DS's sytem, it will really benefit us and as such they must give it to us.
I mean, it's really stupid to keep it for themselves right ?

nope, he did indeed say he had deleted the source to shut people who who kept pestering.......true or not, idk, but i guess either way he decided he had enough of people asking/demanding he open source it even while he was adding cool new features.....that said i can only assume he was also getting bored of developing it anyway or i doubt people whinging at him would have made him quit, or maybe he didn't quit but wanted to keep his work private from that point forward, who knows,

but yeah i would have liked to have seen how far the video steaming could have been pushed, and having the input redirection built in would have been cool

Yeah, I too would have love to help adding built-in functionalities.
But everything that could have been built-in can be done with a plugin so that's okay.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You know it took years for Gateway to complete their cheat engine, right? And they were getting paid :)

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It won't be baked into Luma, pretty sure. NTR CFW is not a CFW in the same sense as Luma or Corbenik.
no comment. anyway, Luma and Corbenik are indeed ofw patchers + launchers. NTR is not even a CFW at all lol
NTR CFW is a CFW. It patches the firmware once you load it, hence why it's called CFW (custom firmware)
not really, it mostly hooks into running processes like pm and menu. bootntr patches some k11 syscalls tho for it to use them
Yes, but for the 3DS, all cfw needs a loader to temporarily patch the firmware on boot (or whenever you load the arm9 payload) or else Nintendo could just break it with a firmware update, if you directly patched it inside the firmware itself. You used to have to boot arm9 payloads through browserhax or MSET, so for NTR, you have to launch BootNTR, so BootNTR can patch the firmware to enable its features.
that's not how it works, really

Last edited by Mrrraou,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: douche