Request: how to move cia save to cart game

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by yashar13, Dec 3, 2016.

1. yashar13
    OP

yashar13 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2015
    Italy
    Hi guys, title says all, I'm going to buy pokemon moon, so I want to move my save from the leaked cia version to the official cartridge of the game, can I do it? If yes which homebrew I have to use? I already have the dev one, or should I use jksm? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone 7 using Tapatalk

2. ManuelKoegler

ManuelKoegler GBAtemp Fan

Nov 5, 2015
    Netherlands
    My preferred method is using FBI, it has a built in title manager, which includes browsing, and then copying and pasting save data. I don't know why more people don't recommend it, if you have CFW then 90% of the time you'd have FBI already anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by ManuelKoegler, Dec 3, 2016
    yashar13 likes this.
  3. yashar13
    OP

yashar13 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2015
    Italy
    Ok thanks a lot! Yes I have FBI installed, I didn't notice about this! I'll try it and report it back

ManuelKoegler likes this.
  4. Teiko

Teiko Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Internet Explorer 11
    Yeah you could do it with FBI like ManuelKoegler said ^^. But I think you can do it also with a programm from Nintendo themself , i think its calles SaveBackup or something like that.
    In the programm you could then select the cia and transfer the file to the cartridge C:!

5. yashar13
    OP

yashar13 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2015
    Italy
    Thank you all friends, I made it!!! Finally I can play online without worrying about being banned

Teiko and ManuelKoegler like this.
  6. ManuelKoegler

Nov 5, 2015
    Netherlands
    Lol, I went the exact opposite route, I got the games on release (5 days later here in Europe) while resisting the urge of the leaks (did that turn out well ey?) only to once I got them, rip them to CIA's to install to my 3ds.
    Was still a bit scared though so played from the cartridge for a week but yesterday transferred my save to the cia/installed version, haven't heard of any new bans so I suppose we should be safe (backups are clean after all since I made them myself with decrypt9).

7. yashar13
    OP

yashar13 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2015
    Italy
    I see but I was banned using the leak, then unbanned thanks to my friend's 3ds so I prefer not to risk anymore with this game :) I'm I Europe too, Italy to be precise

ManuelKoegler likes this.
  8. ManuelKoegler

Nov 5, 2015
    Netherlands
    I getcha, especially considering I use pokemon bank, would be sure to get a heart attack being banned even though I bought the game.

yashar13 likes this.