ROM Hack [REQUEST] Dragon Quest VII or Dragon Quest VIII for 3ds menu translation

Dr. Dew

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sudan
Hello everyone! I was wondering if anyone could just translate the menu commands on either of the two mentioned games in the title for the use with HANS. I know all about the former translation project that got shut down by square enix, all I am asking for is menu translations and not the whole text in the game. If this is possible I would be very grateful.

ZedMania

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everyone! I was wondering if anyone could just translate the menu commands on either of the two mentioned games in the title for the use with HANS. I know all about the former translation project that got shut down by square enix, all I am asking for is menu translations and not the whole text in the game. If this is possible I would be very grateful.

Hey, I am currently working on a menu/item/spells translation for DQ VII. It's kinda pointless being that Squeenix are doing the translation now, but hey, it makes the game slightly easier to understand :P

Last edited by ZedMania,
Reactions: Dr. Dew

YuviApp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Dew you realize i have already translated most of the menu already?
I had deiced not to release it due to DQ7 getting announced for US. But i still have it all compiled and ready to go if i wanted to send it out. But i have been using it for myself and enjoying the game just fine.
I talked with folks working on dqm2 and decided it was in our best interest to not release anything due to US version announcement, which explains why the old copyright was sent out. Since SE was planing on this release for awhile.
I was working on this project before they even announced it here for US.
Progress is further then what you see in this old video anyways i made.
vid.me/tvyf

Also mine does work using HANS, with a retail cart of DQ7

Last edited by YuviApp,
Reactions: ZedMania

ZedMania

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Dew you realize i have already translated most of the menu already?
I had deiced not to release it due to DQ7 getting announced for US. But i still have it all compiled and ready to go if i wanted to send it out. But i have been using it for myself and enjoying the game just fine.
I was working on this project before they even announced it here for US.
Progress is further then what you see in this old video anyways i made.
vid.me/tvyf

Also mine does work using HANS, with a retail cart of DQ7

Nice dude! And oh really? Hmm maybe it only works with retail carts then :/ I used a cia for mine. Its cool to see other people doing the same thing :D Translating using google translate can be pretty tedious and boring

Dr. Dew

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sudan
This post is a few months old lol. In the mean time I translated everything I needed and compleated the game, now im just waiting for the official US release so I can play it again.

YuviApp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i was actually using PSX for translation along side translating the new options myself.

I still have no intentions of releasing my work. As i respect SE and im glad this came to light for the NA release.
Me and others working on DQ7 translations seems to pushed them in the right direction.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This post is a few months old lol. In the mean time I translated everything I needed and compleated the game, now im just waiting for the official US release so I can play it again.
oh my bad man, i was gonna say i talked to you already about this lol.
Good to hear though dude.

Reactions: Dr. Dew

ZedMania

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ahahaha nice :P I guess I'll get back to translating then...
Did you use a .cia Dr Dew? Or a retail cart too?

Well i was actually using PSX for translation along side translating the new options myself.

I still have no intentions of releasing my work. As i respect SE and im glad this came to light for the NA release.
Me and others working on DQ7 translations seems to pushed them in the right direction.

Yea that makes sense. Its cool to see people who have done the same thing. Theres not that many Dragon Quest fans out there :/

Dr. Dew

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sudan

The worst part is just trying to make everything fit correctly in those tiny text boxes... what a nightmare!

Dr. Dew

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sudan
Ahahaha nice :P I guess I'll get back to translating then...
Did you use a .cia Dr Dew? Or a retail cart too?

Yea that makes sense. Its cool to see people who have done the same thing. Theres not that many Dragon Quest fans out there :/
I have a retail cart, might try to convert to .cia just for fun.

ZedMania

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ahh okay. Wait am I being dumb and Hans isn't compatible with EmuNAND? o_0 It would make stuff a lot easier to run it through Hans than have to convert it..

YuviApp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zed, I don't know your intentions.. But i would ask you never to release anything for it until after NA version is out.. Unless you like cease and desist letter lol.

ZedMania

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ahaha yea, I now have no intentions of doing so. I'll edit it now, just incase some Squeenix employees live around these parts...

YuviApp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahh okay. Wait am I being dumb and Hans isn't compatible with EmuNAND? o_0 It would make stuff a lot easier to run it through Hans than have to convert it..
Most likely a issue with a installed cia and HANS. But no idea, i know when HANS first came out it would not load DQ7, then after a hans update it worked with retail cart.

ZedMania

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Most likely a issue with a installed cia and HANS. But no idea, i know when HANS first came out it would not load DQ7, then after a hans update it worked with retail cart.

Ahhh right. Thanks for the info dude :D probably is hans and cias then or something.

ZedMania

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Huh... :/ Looks like converting it from .3ds to .cia seems to be the way forward then :/ Wait will I have to delete the unedited version before installing it? I'm still a noob at CFW lel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative