Homebrew [Request] Color Temperature Adjustment

DanTheMan827

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't even know if this is possible but if it is it would be a very useful thing for some people...

My N3DS XL has a very blue top screen and a "normal" bottom screen

It would be very nice to somehow correct this color difference

Inorizushi

*yawn*
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well from what I'm going at (don't quote me on this)
He most likely has an "IPS" top screen and a "TN" bottom screen. IPS ones are usually more vivid and as a result give off more blue light.
So he wants something like a monitor temperature adjustment tool to change it to match his bottom screen.

This simple answer is no, in order for something like this to work, there would probably have to be a firmware patch involved. It won't be able to run just as a tool since you can't run more than 1 app at a time. Unless someone finds a way around this or does something with CFW like with NTR, it just won't happen.

DanTheMan827

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well from what I'm going at (don't quote me on this)
He most likely has an "IPS" top screen and a "TN" bottom screen. IPS ones are usually more vivid and as a result give off more blue light.
So he wants something like a monitor temperature adjustment tool to change it to match his bottom screen.

This simple answer is no, in order for something like this to work, there would probably have to be a firmware patch involved. It won't be able to run just as a tool since you can't run more than 1 app at a time. Unless someone finds a way around this or does something with CFW like with NTR, it just won't happen.
Yes, this is exactly my problem...

Too bad it's not possible...

MasterLel

Cooonfusion of da highest orda
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
France
You should be happy to have an IPS screen... Your only solution is to buy and install a TN upperscreen or an IPS lowerscreen.
You can play with the "Lcd Setting" of the Config app but i doubt it will change anything

Last edited by MasterLel,

DanTheMan827

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should be happy to have an IPS screen... Your only solution is to buy and install a TN upperscreen or an IPS lowerscreen.
Oh, don't get me wrong I do like the IPS viewing angle... it's just that compared to every other LCD screen (including a IPS monitor and an iPhone/iPad) it is extremely blue

Is that normal?

caffVic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, if what I studied last semester was right, at some point the electronics in your screen transform the video data into RGB, and in theory, if you tap into those signals you could just put resistors in series or parallel to adjust brightness and contrast.

Also, NTR or something I guess.

So it is not imposible, it hasn't been done yet. Don't give up!

Inorizushi

*yawn*
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well one way could possibly be to take the source of a CFW, find some way to tap into how the 3ds sends the top screen's data and maybe apply some sort of orange-ish overlay. Sounds like a terrible idea in concept and in practice but it could at least emulate warmth.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lDRjqI-fBVI&pp=ygUPVml0Z2luIG1hZ2ljaWFu