Homebrew {Request} Can someone look into the FLOG Emulator? [Updated]

teflontactics

Trophies
Website
kylewakeling.com
XP
Country
Canada
Pardon my newness to the forum, do you recall for how long it was docked prior to the emulator loading? Splatoon has been known to behave strangely when the system has been docked for too long or starts to overheat. Since the home-menu and the 'flog' file are both in qstart it's possible that the console was overheating and messed up a bit.
The Switch has temp sensors that shut the system down before it reaches truly dangerous levels. I doubt overheating had anything to do with it.

Watch, @qlutoo probably already knows how to activate it and is probably laughing his head off at this thread.

Until the games been exhausted and they have finished playing with it we wont be told how to launch it ;p

I believe they used an unofficial method to launch the game and/or mine the resources. The official method (ie; what @Setery likely did) has yet to be found.

@Setery I'm trying to eliminate possibilities, and was wondering if you had the "All Software" menu yet.

Last edited by teflontactics,

Setery

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pardon my newness to the forum, do you recall for how long it was docked prior to the emulator loading? Splatoon has been known to behave strangely when the system has been docked for too long or starts to overheat. Since the home-menu and the 'flog' file are both in qstart it's possible that the console was overheating and messed up a bit.
Overheating the switch while in dock is very hard to do actually and it requires putting carpet or a strong insulator around it to prevent the fans from actually functioning. Anyways I had the splatfest version of splatoon on my switch

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The Switch has temp sensors that shut the system down before it reaches truly dangerous levels. I doubt overheating had anything to do with it.

I believe they used an unofficial method to launch the game and/or mine the resources. The official method (ie; what @Setery likely did) has yet to be found.

@Setery I'm trying to eliminate possibilities, and was wondering if you had the "All Software" menu yet.
all software?

Scapetti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Press "controllers" on the Switch menu and look closely. It seems to highlight certain buttons, I've tried doing them but nothing's happening, I think this is likely to be a hint at what to do. I haven't tried this docked. Y, B and right joystick

Marxally

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Press "controllers" on the Switch menu and look closely. It seems to highlight certain buttons, I've tried doing them but nothing's happening, I think this is likely to be a hint at what to do. I haven't tried this docked. Y, B and right joystick

Tried while docked. Nothing happened. Tried pressing them at once and simultaneously, on the main menu, and the controller menu.

Scapetti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Tried while docked. Nothing happened. Tried pressing them at once and simultaneously, on the main menu, and the controller menu.

I mean I don't want to waste everyone's time doing this but I am almost certain if it's going to be anything it's going to be this. It reminds me of the easter egg in Splatoon to allow motion controls for two player. The buttons were highlighted in one of the scrolls you unlock. Just wish we knew where to press this combination or whether we have to hold it or what

Reactions: Marxally

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
I mean I don't want to waste everyone's time doing this but I am almost certain if it's going to be anything it's going to be this. It reminds me of the easter egg in Splatoon to allow motion controls for two player. The buttons were highlighted in one of the scrolls you unlock. Just wish we knew where to press this combination or whether we have to hold it or what
Where exactly do you mean the buttons are being highlighted on the Switch?

Marxally

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

You can't see it in the image, but the "Y" button appears highlighted first, then "B", and then the stick. This happens when you press the button to enter the menu.

22aabbc04adf65290188087f8113ae10.png

Scapetti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

When you select the "controllers" icon on the Switch menu, you can see them quickly highlight, it's a really random selection of buttons which leads me to believe it is a hint as opposed to just a nice animation

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel