Homebrew {Request} Can someone look into the FLOG Emulator? [Updated]

Marxally

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Checked the video @Scapetti said. Here are the button presses and the frames they are hold. Keep in mind that the video is @ 60fps.
NuGZnSj.png

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey I have something really important regarding the NES emulator on the Nintendo Switch. I had this really odd experience with my switch that when I had left and returned to it, NES Golf was on my screen. I played it and it played normally, but it was night time for me so I wasn't thinking about the importance of this. I went to do some research on this and I didn't find anything about it until I looked at what was discovered by the modding community. They found this "'Flog' NES emulator. Installed on retail systems but not known to be launched by anything currently." I believe that "Flog" is simply "Golf" backwards and I had somehow caused it to launch. Now this is entirely your choice to believe me or not, I totally blame myself for not recording any of it and since it happened randomly to me, I do not think I can repeat this myself.

I want to know if anyone else has experienced this just so I know I'm not alone on this. No I did not record any proof of this as I'm stupid and when I was finished playing it I exited out of it without recording anything.
Probably a fever dream you had due to your intense wanting of Virtual Console on the Switch. Happens to me too.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't really think that would make a difference. Nintendo doesn't give a shit about us.
Well said. They gimped a tablet system to the point where they expect you to rely on an equally expensive device as the console itself to communicate with your friends, skipped a web browser - again, on a FUCKING TOUCH TABLET with a great display - solely to "prevent" piracy, and people think Nintendo are gonna give 2 fucks about their users?

Reactions: PrincessLillie

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Short of throwing my Switch out the window (like somebody already suggested), I've tried everything that came to mind without success.
The "hold your switch out of a window and press the joy con eject buttons" would had been legend tier shitpost if the joycons would just slide out on their own

thomasnet

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey you just need to call nintendo tell them "i hacked my switch" then your nnid and magically NES Golf will appear on your switch.

If you're a kid and you haven't understood don't do this ok im not responsible for any ban or lawsuit

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wonder what @SciresM thinks?

Anyway: has anyone tried any other typical button combos? DURLYBXA? DURAL? DULLARD?

Its a long shot but something like this might just work....?

What about simulating golf strokes with the joycons: could that be the magic? (Doubt it based on OPs info)

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
Seeing as the OP went afk for a bit and came back to it, let's assume that a key combo probably wasn't it. Unless the Switch lagged.

I think flog was supposed to be a test of the switch motion controls, maybe making sure it works before working on 1,2 Switch. They just forgot to remove it, and maybe they still forgot that it exists, or they thought they already removed it. Or it could be a Easter egg. Though from the screenshots it looks like they would've remove the japanese/english text depending on the region.

If the OP had the joycons in the grip, and was afk. I assume that perhaps a button or more was held down while resting which caused it to launch. However, I would like to know how they got the screenshots for it.

Yamathedestroyer

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I said to him: Mein Problem ist das bei mir auf der Nintendo Switch nach dem Aufwecken aus dem Standby ein komisches Altes Spiel namens Golf erschien. Wissen sie was das sein könnte?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

In English that means; My Problem is that my Nintendo Switch shows an old Game called Golf after i waked it up from Standby. Do you know why this happens?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte