Your friendly Austrian IT Guy
OP
Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
As title says, just so we can get rid of all the copyrighted music, which is basically everything.
This would help YouTube people (like me) and probably even Twitch streamers a lot. I haven't seen an option in-game to disable music sadly.

Thanks a ton already!

DarkWork0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As title says, just so we can get rid of all the copyrighted music, which is basically everything.
This would help YouTube people (like me) and probably even Twitch streamers a lot. I haven't seen an option in-game to disable music sadly.

Thanks a ton already!
There's this thing where you use some sort of device to essentially "mute" your TV. Can't remember what it's called though.

DarkWork0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically yes but YouTube won't detect it automatically. Nintendo can still manually flag the video but that's a whole different story, this is only about the music.
What's the difference then? Also I believe someone will have to make some program to dump the files. If someone does do that then it would be as simple as dumping the music and inserting blank dummy files then merging the music back in. But that's a longer wait than what you're looking for.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

EpicLPer

OP
Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
What's the difference then? Also I believe someone will have to make some program to dump the files. If someone does do that then it would be as simple as dumping the music and inserting blank dummy files then merging the music back in. But that's a longer wait than what you're looking for.
... we can already do that but it's a lengthy process... It's one way tho, which I already thought about but I also think a code would be a bit easier.

D

Deleted User

Because you need that adrevenue...
Nobody reported automatical ClamID with BotW gameplay videos so far so don't worry.
You're not even getting a copyright streak either.

EpicLPer

OP
Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
Because you need that adrevenue...
Nobody reported automatical ClamID with BotW gameplay videos so far so don't worry.
You're not even getting a copyright streak either.
Oh really? Tell me more, tell a YouTuber who already got 2 automatic ones.
RLurfaC.png

D

Deleted User

Oh really? Tell me more, tell a YouTuber who already got 2 automatic ones.
RLurfaC.png
>Feb 27 BotW files got leaked that day, reasonable copyright.
I'm unsure why they got that Deutsch/English one. Guess, NoE is weird when it comes to claims.

But man, there's literally shitton of gameplay videos and none of them got taken down.
If you're partnered with network then you shouldn't be scared.

EpicLPer

OP
Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
But man, there's literally shitton of gameplay videos and none of them got taken down.
If you're partnered with network then you shouldn't be scared.
You clearly don't know how YouTube works so let me explain a bit:
Videos which are flagged for copyrighted content don't always get taken down, for a company it's more efficient to claim all the ad revenue generated by such a video. And that's exactly what Nintendo does with all these gameplay videos.
They throw a copyright claim onto it which you can't retract since it's legitimate. If you try so, you'll get a strike. That's why you can still watch these videos.
If you're partnered with a network (which I'll never want to be for reasons you should read elsewhere) you can still generate revenue, that's why big gaming channels are still uploading BotW and in general Nintendo Game Let's Plays.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Having to stress over what I'm allowed to show and covering my ass makes me not want to quit my day job to be a video game streamer or any sort of content creator.
Yep, else I'd be one already. But before you aren't big enough of a channel you can't join a good network and thus you can't generate enough money to drop out of your job.
Being a YouTuber would be my dream job but that's a few years ahead still.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Videos which are flagged for copyrighted content don't always get taken down, for a company it's more efficient to claim all the ad revenue generated by such a video. And that's exactly what Nintendo does with all these gameplay videos.
They throw a copyright claim onto it which you can't retract since it's legitimate. If you try so, you'll get a strike. That's why you can still watch these videos.
If you're partnered with a network (which I'll never want to be for reasons you should read elsewhere) you can still generate revenue, that's why big gaming channels are still uploading BotW and in general Nintendo Game Let's Plays.

Yep, else I'd be one already. But before you aren't big enough of a channel you can't join a good network and thus you can't generate enough money to drop out of your job.
Its not just about having the popularity to have your back. YouTube to me is this wild roller coaster of unpredictability and doesn't seem stable enough to make a feasible income while having to follow some ToS that can change at any time. Also not being able to sleep at night knowing that at any moment for any reason your videos can get taken down.

I'd rather just work a steady job and keep my work and my entertainment seperate. Good on those that can do it.

Reactions: Subtle Demise
D

Deleted User

Like i never knew that, thanks for explaining that to me /s
If you want to remove music that badly, delete sound files. Simple enough.
It still doesn't cover you from being backslashed by nintendo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Water park was quite fun
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Water park was quite fun