ROM Hack [Request] 3ds Streamer

wohdin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The PSP had native video out via USB, with no extra processing. How does Nintendo do screen recording? Do they use modified hardware just like everyone else? I find that difficult to comprehend, honestly.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The PSP had native video out via USB, with no extra processing. How does Nintendo do screen recording? Do they use modified hardware just like everyone else? I find that difficult to comprehend, honestly.

They have custom hardware which is basically a 3DS-in-a-box, with video capturing capabilities. I believe they're called Partner-CTR units, or something. https://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-development-hardware.327858/

wohdin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So basically they have just forced all media folk to buy watered-down "devkit" models at insane markups instead of providing a reasonable solution. Well, that or force people to do mods to commercial models and void their warranties. So that's fun.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So basically they have just forced all media folk to buy watered-down "devkit" models at insane markups instead of providing a reasonable solution. Well, that or force people to do mods to commercial models and void their warranties. So that's fun.

I'm still hoping that they'll release some sort of a "3DS Player" for the Wii U or something, like they did for the GBA/GameCube (I was even hoping for this back with the Wii/DS), but I doubt we'll ever see that, sadly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: because I already got burned out with breath of the wild, which for the most part is essentially...