OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
Hi,
as u see in my pic, i'm like 5 years into same hairstyle model and since i'm away from my DS, i can do other stuff! (other than DS-ing, like driving license and stuff!), So does anyone knows a healthy way to make my hair to stand like spikes? (where is SpikeyNDS A.K.A ed today?)

i donno its american name, its kinda like Faixhawk but not that long, my hair is kinda shor.

like these but my hair is kinda shorter than these pix:
170px-TwoGirlsWithFauxHawks.jpg

and if its necessary, my hair has a small wave (little curley, Little) in it and is not flat straight.

i heard they use Bablyss or something to straight it up and hair glue to make it stand there, have u heard those?

Tia.

beautifulbeast

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Flat iron + hair wax (kind of like hair gel but more crunchy and less jelly or greasy) was the way to go for me when I was a spikey head and it looked good every time. Not as extreme as in that picture but more squeenix-esque if you know what I mean.

After that I became aware of animal rights and how animals are used in the cosmetic industry and since have been all natural, but that's another story.

beautifulbeast

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, you know. They are this electrical devices you switch on then they get hot (give it 10 minutes or so). When it's ready, grab a strand of hair and clap the iron in its root then work your way to the end while holding the strand of hair in a vertical position. In my case it worked because I had short hair like 5-6 cm, but it might get a little trickier if yours is longer.
Once you're done straightening all your hair into position, apply wax lock by lock and you're done!
I hope this helps, but I'm sure you can find some tutorials in youtube just search for "spike iron" or something similar, I don't know.

beautifulbeast

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Some people say you can iron your hair from semi-wet to dry, but never felt compelled to try it myself and the only time I did it it didn't work so well. Most people will even tell you that it's even more damaging to your hair (not that you should care if you intend to keep it short to shoulder length but anyway).

RayorDragonFall

I see you've played knifey-spoony before.
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't iron your hair while its wet, idiots!

Wet your hair (or not), get a ball of gel in your hands, shape the hair in a point and dry with the hair dryer. Repeat as needed.

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
word, RDF. Thats what I do, but I always make sure to not wet my hair too much and not too much gel.

And have you ever seen a 2 year old like my boy with spikey hair XD

Ktaro

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't think girls look good with spikes
wink2.gif
but if you want to keep it that way use wax or gel to form it however you want then use spray to make it stay. plain ftw:rolleyes: ...and why are all the smileys bald anyway

RayorDragonFall

I see you've played knifey-spoony before.
Trophies
XP
Country
Are you talking about me?
I don't wear spikes.... (But I have, once, kakashi style XD)
Make sure to wash your hair well afterwards
tongue.gif

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
elmer's school glue gel, it's the only way, i used to have a mohawk so high i couldn't reach the top with my own arm it was wel over a foot tall. some of the gel and a little bit of water to make it easier to put in find a place to be upside down brush your hair down so it'll be up when you stand up put in the gel and blow dry

Bryce

Trophies
XP
Country
What I used to do is get two gels(also make sure your hair is completely dry) and make your hair damp with a weak (but still strong) gel. After that, take the extremely strong glue-like gel and with your head pointed to the ground, spike it. The back can be tricky, but using a blow dryer helps a million.

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I just get my hair damp, mix some gel and water, half each, slap it on and style. Right now I'm going spiky, what I do is gel it all back and make it pointy with my fingertips. I don't even use a blow dryer. Takes me 10 seconds. Plus, I have awesomeful gel. But it's expensive.
frown.gif

And I believe that it's called a fauxhawk. I do that sometimes. I'm a gel freak. I can't go anywhere outside the house without gel or a hat or something, just cuz I think I look funny with my hair done. So puffy. But I don't sue it on weekends, that's when I let my hair breathe for once.

ackers

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wow some of you guys really put some effort into styling your hair! All I did was damp my hair, rub gel into my hair and style. I used to wear gel everyday for years but since 4 months ago I decided to go Zac Efron style.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow some of you guys really put some effort into styling your hair! All I did was damp my hair, rub gel into my hair and style. I used to wear gel everyday for years but since 4 months ago I decided to go Zac Efron style.

I don't use anything.
I just let my hair grow and once I get sick of mah afro, I cut it (once every 3 or 4 months).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    nes remix 1 had the bad one, nes remix 2 had the good one
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @genistopitauniverfrocrami, What drugs is this dude on?
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    CRAZY HAMBURGER
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @NinStar both nes remix 1 and 2 had some stinkers in there
    +1
    but at least 2 doesn't have sports games
    loved nes remix, but hated having to play Baseball, Tennis and Golf in order to progress
    +1
    or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.
    Yesterday I learned my BD Burner drive can burn CD's at 56X lol
  • cearp @ cearp:
    What stuff were you burning?
    I used to burn tons of dvds (data files) many years ago, but haven't burnt a disk in ages.
    My car actually reads MP3 CD's lol
    So mix CDs for myselt :)
    Pantera, Metallica, Hollywood Undead, Five Finger Death Punch, some others lol
    I can put like 90 songs on a CD lol
    if only it could read dvds then you would just need 1 disc
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i tell ya what, i could go for a fuckin gyro right about now
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I hope your brother is doing ok Mr BakerMan
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool
    +1
    BakerMan yeah me too.... maybe that's gonna be dinner for me there is this place near me I have been dying to try and they have them lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I miss usb mp3 players they were shit but at the time a go to
    @The Real Jdbye, I thought about that and I have blank DVD's and Blurays but honestly after like 90 songs I just listen to it a couple of hundred times toss it out and burn something else or have like 2-3 CD's. Florida here the heat in the car tends to ruin the CD's after like a few months even commercial pressed ones don't last too long.
    my music collection is just too big, i require variety
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: my music collection is just too big, i require variety