Hacking Report your results installing arm9loaderhax

Please report your results

• I sucessfully installed A9LH (O3DS)

Votes: 91 44.6%
  • I bricked my O3DS

Votes: 10 4.9%
  • I sucessfully installed A9LH but with complications (O3DS)

Votes: 9 4.4%
  • I Sucessfully installed A9LH (N3DS)

Votes: 100 49.0%
  • I bricked my N3DS

Votes: 8 3.9%
  • I sucessfully installed A9LH but with complications (N3DS)

Votes: 6 2.9%
  • Careless Brick 03DS

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Careless Brick N3DS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Downgrade with devmode (03DS)

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Downgrade Brick (03DS)

• Installing Brick (03DS)

• Downgrade restoring emunand (03DS)

Votes: 9 4.4%
  • Downgrade Brick (N3DS)

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Installing Brick (N3DS)

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Downgrade restoring emunand (N3DS)

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • I can't do it. Im worried

Votes: 12 5.9%

• Total voters

DarkKaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Successfully installed A9LH + AuReiNand.
Forgot to unlink NAND's and had no FBI on emuNAND so booted to rxTools thru HBL in sysNAND mode (hold L) to inject FBI over H&S on emuNAND.
Works perfectly.

Reactions: Stecker8

aea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok since this thread is full of users that has experimented with arm9loaderhax I think you could probably give me good advice. Googling I found a guide about how to dump the otp.bin file which is the first step needed to arm9l to work but also found that the majority of the guide refers about how to downgrade safely to firmware v2.1, what I infer most if not nearly all 3ds users must do. The case is that I own a "virgin" console (nothing inserted in it except the factory provided sd card when trying to install sliderhax with no results) with firmware version 2.1.0-4U and browser version , so I would like to know if I could just jump the downgrade stuff and dump the otp or do I need to upgrade and then downgrade to fill some prerequisite? Maybe I get to update anyway to install cfw and stuff but if I could save the downgrade steps it could be a less risky journey.

D

Deleted User

Ok since this thread is full of users that has experimented with arm9loaderhax I think you could probably give me good advice. Googling I found a guide about how to dump the otp.bin file which is the first step needed to arm9l to work but also found that the majority of the guide refers about how to downgrade safely to firmware v2.1, what I infer most if not nearly all 3ds users must do. The case is that I own a "virgin" console (nothing inserted in it except the factory provided sd card when trying to install sliderhax with no results) with firmware version 2.1.0-4U and browser version , so I would like to know if I could just jump the downgrade stuff and dump the otp or do I need to upgrade and then downgrade to fill some prerequisite? Maybe I get to update anyway to install cfw and stuff but if I could save the downgrade steps it could be a less risky journey.

If you are already on 2.1.0-4U you can just dump the OTP.

Though if you plan on using A9LH you'll need to move up firmware after to get access to HBL.

Last edited by ,

BerserkLeon

Not-so-new member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1 oXL, 1 o3ds, no issues, except the downgrade from 9.9 to 9.2 on the small one.
That left me with some sort of frankenfirm even though it said it was completed I guess, since 9.2 -> 2.1 emunand kept failing. Updated emunand to 10.6, then downgraded, and it worked.
rest of guide went smooth both times.

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1 x n3DS and 3 x o3DS successful.

The n3DS downgraded from 9.2 emuNAND without error.
The first o3DS kept failing to downgrade from 9.2, so I updated it to 10.6 emuNAND, then it worked.
Remaining o3DS's I updated to 10.6 emuNAND before attempting downgrade and both worked fine.

Last edited by DocKlokMan,

Serphirot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Successfully installed A9LH without a hardmod + ReiNand.
Only problem I had was that for some reason i need to have the arm9loaderhax.bin on the root of the sd card and the rei folder, so I first thought i bricked my n3ds until I read someone else had the same problem.

Gil_PL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
old 3ds purple = downgraded 10.5 emunand to 2.1, sysupdater installs all cias without error, after flashing emunand to sysnand with decrypt9 my 3DS was sysnand 10.5, with eShop version 2.1 ... (partial downgraded, but sysupdater not fails any cia installation...)

old 3ds xl blue: this time I was more preventive and downgrade emunand 9.2 to 2.1, I did the procedures for the otp.bin without too many problems, the accident happened only at compile time, because I had difficulties in resolving the error 127 using cmd in Windows 8, and one of the attempts I made to solve this problem is to download the source-code again and extract everything to directory that I was working, the problem that the extract has replaced my original otp to otp by the source-code (did not realize it at the time) and compiled the source-code without being aware that I was not using my own otp.bin. after injecting otp.bin in sysnand my 3ds bricked with black screen ...

so close... :cry:

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
O3ds downgrading to 2.1 straight from 9.0 said downgrade was successful I haven't had any luck turning it on, recovery mode still an option or hardmod
This is before installing a9lh, right? Sounds like you downgraded without being in devmode. You CANNOT downgrade (or even upgrade too far without going through system settings) while using anything that does a firmlaunch.

Toiry921

Maki Best Girl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is before installing a9lh, right? Sounds like you downgraded without being in devmode. You CANNOT downgrade (or even upgrade too far without going through system settings) while using anything that does a firmlaunch.
Was using RxTools DevMode, It worked fine on my other O3DS doing the exact same thing

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-