Hardware Replaced M92T36 and P13USB and still dead

Chai_tea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have got a bricked switch and had recently replaced both of the M92T36 and P13USB but the devices showed no sign of life (when charging the Tragar chip seems to be quite warm) And when try docking, the light flashes for a second and no display.

At one pointed, I replaced the P13USB twice because of the blue screen problem. this was a one-time thing as I got the screen to light up.

Right now, I have no idea what to do next. Been reading around about the RCM thing, but uncertain if it would worth the try, seeing no responses from the switch.

Reactions: FXDX

Chai_tea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Charging IC getting hot? probably a power to ground short on the IC, look for bridging between pins..
Charging IC does get hot. The pin that was worked on the replaced IC? I don't see any overlappings. should I be trying to read off some voltages?

mixelpixx

hardware monkey
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i would just check that you don't have less than 500kohms from power pin to grnd. Im just guessing but a part getting super hot is usually a bridge. also make sure you have the parts oriented correctly, easy to solder something in backwards

Chai_tea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i would just check that you don't have less than 500kohms from power pin to grnd. Im just guessing but a part getting super hot is usually a bridge. also make sure you have the parts oriented correctly, easy to solder something in backwards
Does the IC relies on the bottom contact or the middle pins? While soldering, it was difficult to get all of the leges for the P13USB. so I might not have all of them contacted.

mixelpixx

hardware monkey
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A magnifying glass, or microscope can be handy -- there is also "micro-bridging" which typically can't/won't be seen be the eye normally, thinner than a hair..

electronics are fun.

And yes soldering all the pins to the pads is important, use lots of flux, clean it up with 90% alcohol, dry it (fan??) -- and visually inspect. if you cnt get a pin to solder..

try cleaning you iron tip -- load it with solder, then clean it with steelwool (make it shiny).

If it seems like the PCB/Circuit board is wicking away the heat from your iron too fast, and solder wont flow, you can heat the board to 100DegF for 1hr prior to soldering and it will flow like a champ -- I recommend preheating for BGA work as well. (Plastics, and caps (electrolytic) start failing at 125-150deg F)

Last edited by mixelpixx,
Reactions: FXDX and Chai_tea

Chai_tea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Resolder and got all the legs but still has no sign of life. Also No shorted around both of the IC.
Any suggestions?

Chai_tea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I believe my switch is one of the early units. I've got no idea if it is patched, bought it second hand. :/

If I were to switch the with known good eMMC from my other working one would I be able to tell?

Last edited by Chai_tea,

FXDX

Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Good. Have you tried to launch Hekate payload with TegraRcmGUI, to see if it displays something on the screen?

Chai_tea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve got the TegraRcmGUI from the github but not sure how to launch the Hekate. Read the home brew guide but still confused

it said I have to get to RCM mode or something but my switch doesn’t turned on

Update! It was the bad cable now it's detected as RCM ”ok”

Last edited by Chai_tea,

Chai_tea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Good. Have you tried to launch Hekate payload with TegraRcmGUI, to see if it displays something on the screen?

I’ve got the TegraRcmGUI from the GitHub but not sure how to launch the Hekate. Read the homebrew guide but still confused

it said I have to get to RCM mode or something but my switch doesn’t turn on

I tried injecting the hetake_ctcaer and fusee_atmosphere. the program successfully patched hetake_ctcaer but failed at fusee_atmosphere. And now, whem connect to the PC I does not respond anymore. :/

Got it to respond again, tried running fuse.bin with the TegraRcmsmash and got this. I could see some letters behind the lines not sure if it is the bad LCD

P.S. I've got the old M92T36 on atm

Attachments

• IMG_4879.jpg
    IMG_4879.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 196
Last edited by Chai_tea,

FXDX

Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
I’ve got the TegraRcmGUI from the GitHub but not sure how to launch the Hekate. Read the homebrew guide but still confused

it said I have to get to RCM mode or something but my switch doesn’t turn on

I tried injecting the hetake_ctcaer and fusee_atmosphere. the program successfully patched hetake_ctcaer but failed at fusee_atmosphere. And now, whem connect to the PC I does not respond anymore. :/

Got it to respond again, tried running fuse.bin with the TegraRcmsmash and got this. I could see some letters behind the lines not sure if it is the bad LCD

P.S. I've got the old M92T36 on atm
It's not from the LCD. The problem most likely is from eMMC, GeForce GPU or RAM. Personally I think it's from eMMC. Try to make a reball at eMMC. I did last week on a switch that gave blue screen and the console is now functional.

11.jpg 10.jpg9.jpg 8.jpg

Last edited by FXDX,
Reactions: Chai_tea

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack