OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My DS Lite doesn't recognize some of my games. Sometimes the games freeze while I'm playing. When I put one of my games in then later take it out I notice that the little golden parts on the back of the DS Cart are all scratched and messed up. My DS Lite is messing all my games up.
cry.gif
I checked to see if any of the pins were bent but they seem fine. I've tested my games on my brothers DS Lite and it doesn't damage or freeze my games. Does anyone know how I could repair this myself (a guide maybe?) or know a place that could for a low price? (Warranty is up & Nintendo charges waaay too much for repairs) Also, how is this caused?

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The contacts on the carts will slowly wear away by frequent use, I am assuming that you have commercial carts, not a flashcart. This implies that your DS is causing a problem (as another DS doesn't freeze)

It would be very hard to fix. You can try cleaning the contacts, possibly using a cotton bud with either water, or a solvent.

If that doesn't work, the only way to open slot-1 is to desolder the 4 solder pads that hold the metal cover down, then you can remove the metal cover by disengaging the metal tabs. Then you should have direct access to the metal contacts...

Of course, putting the cover back on will be even harder...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: idk how hot of a take this is, but science as a subject sucks