Hacking Repairing DS, will Nintendo check for Flashme?

BHK_Heartless

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My DS Lite has a cracked hinge, and i want to send it to nintendo to get it fixed, but i have flashme installed. Do I have to uninstall it, or will Nintendo even check for it?

BHK_Heartless

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well the problem is that I don't have the Lite version of flashme, so i dont have brightness settings, but they wont turn it on will they?

dbgtdob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they could care less, you are sending it in for repair, some ds lites skip the health and warning screen, my friends unflashed ds does i thought his ds was flashed but it wasnt, so they cant really tell if you flash it or not unless they put in a flash cart.

shinji257

Trophies
Website
www.elite-systems.org
XP
Country
United States
Actually uninstalling it is more dangerous then installing. Yes there is potential to brick your unit during flashing but about 95% of the time you can recover from an interrupted flash of flashme as long as it managed to do enough to write in the recovery data. My hands don't work well for it so I had someone else do it for me but still.

Flashme Website said:
Recovery:
Failsafe code is written into the first few blocks of firmware, in case the flashing procedure gets interrupted or malicious software overwrites part of your firmware. If your firmware gets corrupt, hold START+SELECT to boot directly to SLOT-1 or SLOT-2. From there, you can run flashme or noflashme to repair it.

dbgtdob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No DSes skip the intro screen without some voodoo. (AKA the autoboot bit being set in the Slot1 card's header or FlashMe installed)

[/quote]

my friends ds does, and its not flashed i checked with my ez flash iv, the health and warning screen pops up then goes away.

NightKry

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I use my R4, and the health/warning screen appears, but you don't need to press any buttons; it does away itself. Mine's not flashed. When I boot it without the R4, I have to press buttons...

imyourxpan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
if it's because of a cracked hinge or anything physical, no. if it's because some of the software is acting up, they will just load the screen to see if it's been messed with. if they don't see anything then you're fine. usually when you flash it you lose the warning sign, and that is what they mostly look for. you're fine if it's a physical problem.

dbgtdob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

shinji257

Trophies
Website
www.elite-systems.org
XP
Country
United States
I use my R4, and the health/warning screen appears, but you don't need to press any buttons; it does away itself. Mine's not flashed. When I boot it without the R4, I have to press buttons...

The R4DS has a certain bit set on the cart that tells the Nintendo DS to automatically boot the cart without going to the menu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: No way, Switch pro will be next