Hacking REpair your corrupted microSD card :)

phoood

taking it to a whole new level.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've finally fixed my two microSD cards
grog.gif

FORMAT THE CARD USING YOUR DIGITAL CAMERA

I first bought two microSD cards when I first got my supercard lite. One was an ultra2 and the other was a generic sandisk (both were 1gb).
A few months later..
One day I gave DSO's homebrew database another whirl (the homebrew db had corrupted my cards some how before that, but nothing serious. I tried out a rubber band game and I must say that was fun. Then I downloaded wolfenstein 3d hoping that it might finally work after corrupting it's own files/folders every time I downloaded it. ... ... ... It didn't actually explode, but I did when I discovered that windows could not recognize my ultra2 at all. Great, so my supercard can still use it, but I cant even format it through windows, and moonshell and dso would not load anymore.

My other card corrupted it self a month later. I again used dso's homebrew db and downloaded nethack. Same issue, EXCEPT I tried to edit the card it self via hex editor (someone here at gbatemp suggested that, but also said do so at my own risk). I don't know very much about hex editing but I think I replaced the wrong sector with 00's. Now this card was totally useless and I end up buying another two at $15 each.

For some reason, it occurred to me that almost all digital cameras can format the memory card, so I gave it a try and now i'm a happy temper
toot.gif

ndela007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad to hear you got your cards back to working order, funny how you had to use a digi. camera to fix it though
laugh.gif

iwakura

HHNNNNNNGGGG
Trophies
Website
flashcartreviews.com
XP
Country
United States
i think its because most digital cameras don't actually check to see if the card is readable or not. if there's something there, it'll start formatting
tongue.gif

in a way, its much better than a computer, which recognizes that it has problems and completely ignores it altogether.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Slappity slap slap