REpair your corrupted microSD card :)

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by phoood, May 25, 2007.

1. phoood
    OP

phoood taking it to a whole new level.

Jul 28, 2006
    United States
    Jewgoslavia
    I've finally fixed my two microSD cards [​IMG]

FORMAT THE CARD USING YOUR DIGITAL CAMERA

I first bought two microSD cards when I first got my supercard lite. One was an ultra2 and the other was a generic sandisk (both were 1gb).
    A few months later..
    One day I gave DSO's homebrew database another whirl (the homebrew db had corrupted my cards some how before that, but nothing serious. I tried out a rubber band game and I must say that was fun. Then I downloaded wolfenstein 3d hoping that it might finally work after corrupting it's own files/folders every time I downloaded it. ... ... ... It didn't actually explode, but I did when I discovered that windows could not recognize my ultra2 at all. Great, so my supercard can still use it, but I cant even format it through windows, and moonshell and dso would not load anymore.

My other card corrupted it self a month later. I again used dso's homebrew db and downloaded nethack. Same issue, EXCEPT I tried to edit the card it self via hex editor (someone here at gbatemp suggested that, but also said do so at my own risk). I don't know very much about hex editing but I think I replaced the wrong sector with 00's. Now this card was totally useless and I end up buying another two at $15 each.

For some reason, it occurred to me that almost all digital cameras can format the memory card, so I gave it a try and now i'm a happy temper [​IMG] .

2. ndela007

ndela007 GBAtemp Regular

May 6, 2007
    United States
    Glad to hear you got your cards back to working order, funny how you had to use a digi. camera to fix it though [​IMG]

3. iwakura

iwakura HHNNNNNNGGGG

Jul 20, 2006
    United States
    California
    i think its because most digital cameras don't actually check to see if the card is readable or not. if there's something there, it'll start formatting [​IMG]

in a way, its much better than a computer, which recognizes that it has problems and completely ignores it altogether.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice