Hacking Renew emunand

stanna

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have been having trouble for months now with my game card slot not working in custom firmware, it works fine in official firmware,I'm using sx pro and have come to the conclusion it's a corrupt emunand, my emunand is on my sd card would it be as easy as deleting my emunand from the sd card and recreating a new one with the sx os software or are there hidden files on the sd card that need removing and if so how would I go about it, cheers in advance.

stanna

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reinserting doesn't work on mine, it gives me an error code and shuts down the switch when game card inserted in emunand.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm almost positive it's a corrupt emunand just need to know best way to clear it of my sd card and recreate.

Bergot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reinserting doesn't work on mine, it gives me an error code and shuts down the switch when game card inserted in emunand.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm almost positive it's a corrupt emunand just need to know best way to clear it of my sd card and recreate.
Disable emunand on the sx os..boot in the CFW and format the card..that way it will wipe out the hidden emunand..

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you dont need to format the sd card just to get rid of emunand kinda overkill. The sxos can remove it within the emunand options. After that just recreate emunand and make sure it does not get interrupted in the process.

Reactions: Bergot

stanna

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
you dont need to format the sd card just to get rid of emunand kinda overkill. The sxos can remove it within the emunand options. After that just recreate emunand and make sure it does not get interrupted in the process.
Ok will try this way first, over the weekend when I get some time, it saves deleting everything, thanks to both of you for your help.

Reactions: MasterJ360

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do any of you know if I will lose my game saves when I delete my emunand and create another ?.
yes anything on your current corrupted emunand will be lost so its best to dump all of your game saves with the latest Edizon to copy over the PC. your xci games are fine b/c they are universal to both sysnand/emunand unless you added any NSP games to emunand you would have to reinstall them. A new emunand will just be a copy of your current sysnand including saves/game updates DLC and firmware.

stanna

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yes anything on your current corrupted emunand will be lost so its best to dump all of your game saves with the latest Edizon to copy over the PC. your xci games are fine b/c they are universal to both sysnand/emunand unless you added any NSP games to emunand you would have to reinstall them. A new emunand will just be a copy of your current sysnand including saves/game updates DLC and firmware.
Thanks you've managed to answer all my questions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.