Hacking Renaming ISOs with WBFS Manager

squablo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After doing some research, I could not really find a clear answer to my question, which is simply, does renaming an iso with WBFS manager 3 have any adverse effect on the actual iso?

I'm asking this because some of the loaders I use don't make use of the titles.txt option, mainly the coverflow loader by beardface. While doing some research, I did find a few posts that said renaming an ISO through WBFS can actually break the iso, and they used wii sports and wii fit for examples.

This led me to attempt a change to see what would happen, so I renamed my Ghost Squad just to see. The game runs fine and the new name showed up in the loader, so.............

Has anyone had any problems with this, and if so, please let me know what you have come across. I have a bunch to rename, and would love to eliminate the need for a titles.txt all together. But, like many of you, I am lazy and don't feel like re-dumping all of my games if it does indeed break the iso. I have all retail discs, so that process would take forever.

Thank you all, discuss!

squablo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no problems at all eh? Wii sports and wii fit are good for you? Ok I have one more question for you all kind and wonderful people. If for some reason the iso did "break", would it be possible to extract that iso from the drive, rename it, and then transfer back? Wait, Im not even sure that makes any sense. Hmmm, if the iso "breaks" would it be from the actual renaming of the thing? Or would it just be the loader would no longer be able to read the iso, wait, hmmmmm. Im not really even sure how to explain what I am talking about exactly......anyone?

RiPPn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I rename all my isos using WBFS manager 3 and I even did Wii Fit which after reading your post I tested and no problems at all, in fact I haven't experienced any problems with any. So I would say it's safe. Hope that answers your question.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-