Hacking Removing CIOSCorp

sariel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently on 3.2U with Cioscorp installed and preloader 2.8. If i run Firmware Downgrader and choose 3.2U again will it remove Cioscorp and preloader and allow me to re-install preloader and cios38 rev 12? I really don't need cioscorp and it's stoping me from installing the newest bootmii.

If the above won't work how can i get back to a normal 3.2U to setup preloader/bootmii/cios rev12?

Thanks in advance.

piratesmack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Run firmware downgrader to install 3.2, then run IOS downgrader (Not cIOS Downgrader)
After that, install IOS9 (To overwrite CIOS9)

I THINK that would completely remove cioscorp

supermodchips

Trophies
XP
Country
I believe that re-installing the firmware would remove it but you can also use AnyTitleDeleter to remove the custom IOS that you have installed. If you want to travel down this path, be very careful that nothing important is uninstalled.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If your going the anytitledeleter route DO NOT delete the IOS that the system menu is running off of otherwise you will brick your wii.

4.0 runs on ios60 not sure what 33.4,3.3, or 3.2 run off of but i would google it if you dont know.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's because the old installer didn't have the sanity checks as tight. If you're talking about the second BootMii installer, then that means you had at least one normal IOS.

56killer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
FenrirWolf said:
That's because the old installer didn't have the sanity checks as tight. If you're talking about the second BootMii installer, then that means you had at least one normal IOS.
O I see. Yes I have the system menu ios normal because thats the one I installed in wad manager to remove starfall and re-install preloader which I configure it to make the system menu use ios 249.

sariel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So maybe instead of reinstalling all the IOS's i can just re-install the system menu ios and then install the new bootmii? Would I need to re-install preloader as well if i re-install the system menu?

IOS36-64-v1042.wad - This is the system menu for 3.2U correct?

Thanks again guys.

sariel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did IOS Downgrade and it only installed 1 IOS it seemed then ran cIOS downgrade and re-installed my sysmenu and was able to install the new bootmii. It also kept my preloader installed which i thought it would remove but it's all good.

thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [goes back to 🛌 ] zzzzzzzzzzzzzz +1