Remove update nag from apps on home menu?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by lisreal2401, Oct 31, 2016.

1. lisreal2401
    OP

lisreal2401 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 4, 2013
    United States
    I'm not sure if this is possible or not but is there a home menu tweak to remove the UPDATE NOTICE nag message under games needing an update/wanting an update? I have a few games which either I want to keep unpatched or am unable to get the latest patch data due to my region changed 3DS. Using luma so if it's possible with that even better. Never saw this mentioned before so I apologize if it's common knowledge or whatever.

Last edited by lisreal2401, Oct 31, 2016
  2. AnalogMan

AnalogMan sumoCheatMenu Dev

Apr 20, 2007
    United States
    You can either update them by installing their update with something like FreeShop or there's a way to build a fake update to install and make them think they're up to date. I've only done that last bit for Pokémon updates, so unsure how it would work for any old game.

3. Sakiisa

Sakiisa Member

Newcomer
    Sep 17, 2016
    Malaysia
    How exactly did you do that for the PKM updates?
    I'm running star sapphire and have lost the thread where they mentioned something of that sort to fake the update to "1.5" instead of 1.4 etc.

4. lisreal2401
    OP

lisreal2401 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 4, 2013
    United States
    The second method would work, but I was thinking more like a home menu patch to disable it entirely. @cearp do you know if this is possible?

5. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    i'm no expert on deep stuff like that, but i'm sure it's possible to patch and disable the update notification in home menu. - but worth the time of the people who are able to find it? i'm not sure.

6. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    Does Free Multi-Patcher do this or did that only work for the system update nag?

7. naddel81

naddel81 GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 14, 2009
    United States
    Is it not possible to update directly using Nintendos update server? Or do you have to update Firmware for that?

8. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    You can use freeShop .

9. lisreal2401
    OP

lisreal2401 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 4, 2013
    United States
    I can't use the official updates due to the region change, and freeshop is missing some updates I can't find anywhere in CIA format so it's why I asked in the first place.

naddel81 likes this.
  10. Sakiisa

Sakiisa Member

Newcomer
    Sep 17, 2016
    Malaysia
    Don't want an official update for a romhack as it effects game files. Star spphire and rutile ruby use custom patches to play online but the message still shows.