remove softmod so i can sell my pii (wii) lol

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by st3v31985, May 31, 2013.

1. st3v31985
    OP

st3v31985 Member

Newcomer
    May 30, 2013
    how do i remove the homebrew channel so i sell the to the game shop as ps3 has takeing over now
    and no1 plays on the wii anymore i softmod it useing letterbomb on 4.3u i think

2. Gabelvampir

Gabelvampir Free Mars!

Mar 17, 2009
    Gambia, The
    K-Town
    Is selling it with the softmod a legal problem in the UK or why do you want to sell it without? Seems like me a Wii with softmod has some added value.

3. skarthebloodchild

skarthebloodchild Keep It Old School

Jan 13, 2004
    Greece
    Greece
    softmodded are more expensive.
    but you cant sell on ebay - amazon.

4. st3v31985
    OP

st3v31985 Member

Newcomer
    May 30, 2013
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

I DONT KNOW ;)

air2004 likes this.
  5. Gabelvampir

Gabelvampir Free Mars!

Mar 17, 2009
    Gambia, The
    K-Town
    As it is not possible to remove all traces of a softmod if you did not back up you Wii NAND before you softmodded your Wii, I'd simply remove all things like Priiloader and Bootmii, and delete the Homebrew Channel (with Data Management). Perhaps stub all cIOS, but don't ask me how to do this. Then perform a normal System Update.
    But only do this if you did not do any weird stuff like install DarkCORP or a System Menu theme.

6. rooskie54

rooskie54 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2009
    United States
    As long as it's:
    -on 4.3
    -the homebrew channel is nowhere to be seen
    -all installed wads removed (doesn't make sense to have virtual console games that aren't in your shop account)
    -there's no bootmii@boot2
    -and it's booting straight to the system menu (no priiloader)
    then they won't find anything.

The guy at the gameshop probably doesn't know how deep the homebrew rabbit hole goes and probably isn't paid enough to care. They might even take it without you removing anything from it. If you've done everything above then your average user won't be able to tell if it's softmodded or not. Syscheck would do the job (unless you stubbed everything cios related), but you'd need a way to run Syscheck in the first place. Of course Nintendo will be able to tell, but they're not gonna get it checked out by Nintendo.

st3v31985 likes this.
  7. Hielkenator

Hielkenator GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 7, 2010
    Netherlands
    Just do a system format and be done with it.

st3v31985 likes this.
  8. duffmmann

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States

I play my Wii all the time

But thats only because it is softmodded, so it has thousands of games thanks to the emulators and whatnot. If you have a nice softmodded Wii, I dunno why you would have such an attitude as if the thing were useless.

kehkou and the_randomizer like this.
  9. DeadlyFoez

DeadlyFoez GBAtemp Guru

Apr 12, 2009
    United States
    It is entirely possible to remove ALL traces of homebrew. It requires that you use giantpunes ohneswartzenegger (sp?) app to make a clean nand, then if you have bootmii as boot2 you must uninstall it, and then using bootmii as an IOS you can "restore" the nand dump made by giantpunes tool. Then absolutely every last trace of homebrew is gone. But it is risky because if the wii locks up while restoring that nand image then you can be stuck with a full brick. I've done this multiple times without a single problem.

Rydian and LWares87 like this.
  10. LWares87

LWares87 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 19, 2008
    The download links for ohneschwanzenegger and the required .dlls can be found here.

by the way... when using RestoreMii with a NAND created with ohneschwanzenegger, you may be asked to enter the Komani code (Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A & Start).

but... you'll need a GameCube Controller to do this though.

11. st3v31985
    OP

st3v31985 Member

Newcomer
    May 30, 2013
    i might just keep the wii might play mario happy days

Hielkenator likes this.
  12. dragon_slayerxd

dragon_slayerxd GBAtemp Regular

May 7, 2013
    United States
    Houston, Texas
    How do you use this you just put format and use it , or is there more to it! also does this fix the ios' incase that one was corrupted let me know i'm interested in this

13. DeadlyFoez

DeadlyFoez GBAtemp Guru

Apr 12, 2009
    United States
    It murders, rapes, and pillages your wii. Condom not needed.

DinohScene and Hielkenator like this.
  14. person66

person66 If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post

Jun 16, 2009
    Canada
    Canada
    Out of curiosity, is there any way to restore the clean nand with bootmii as boot2, then remove bootmii afterwards?

15. dragon_slayerxd

May 7, 2013
    United States
    Houston, Texas
    If this is possible I would want it, btw does my download histroy get deleted?

16. nukeboy95

nukeboy95 Leave luck to heaven.

Aug 24, 2010
    United States
    not sure
  17. LWares87

Oct 19, 2008
    @dragon_slayerxd: using ohneschwanzenegger, do the following to restore/fix your IOSes on your NAND Backup:
    • search & init your NAND backup
    • in the top left box type '3.2U' and hit enter
    • wait whilst it downloads...
    • then type into the same box any system menu either '4.1U' or above and hit enter
    • wait whilst it downloads...
    once it's done you should have everything as like new (with the exception of your saves and channels intact), but you'll have to restore your cIOSes, cMIOS and BootMii IOS though.

when installing a clean nand created by ohneschwanzenegger, RestoreMii may require you to enter the komani code which can only be done by using a gamecube controller.

The Komani Code is: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B & then A

@person66: unless BootMii is still installed as boot2 on the console, it can only be restored as a IOS. if you're installing a clean nand, it may require you enter the Komani Code using only a gamecube controller.

By the way... i think, there is a way to restore BootMii as boot2 which involves 'flashing the console' but unless, you know what you're doing and have the right tools for the job... it's complicated to do. Although, DeadlyFoez is the best person to ask about that sort of thing.

18. dragon_slayerxd

May 7, 2013
    United States
    Houston, Texas
    Omg thanks very detailed info sir. Btw when u say restore the Ios and cios do I need modmii to do that, or you mean hacking wise. Because unless i'm wrong this program restores the wii and removes all traces of hack that even N won't see it if I send it right? and also I do have Bootmii as boot2 I installed it via Modmii

19. LWares87

Oct 19, 2008
    Yes, you'll need to download the cIOSes & cMIOS through ModMii and install them using Multi-Mod Manager's Wad Manager (don't forget to install IOS236, the required installer is on page 2)

cIOSes & cMIOS can be downloaded from page four, whilst MMM can be downloaded from page two.

20. dragon_slayerxd

May 7, 2013
    United States
    Houston, Texas
    Wait so does this leave homebrew on still? and which ones if you don't mind cause someone told me to downloade the ones in option 1... Please guide me, I thought this program leaves no hacking trace and restores everything including Ios and etc. Does this leave hbc