OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've noticed that the patron chat room has been inactive for ages, with no interactions going on and no people who have joined. Only the general chat is mostly active.

Reactions: BigOnYa and Kioku

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It is (source: I am one), it just got moved to an account upgrades system rather than Patreon https://gbatemp.net/account/upgrades
Some of the additional features with Patreon are rather pointless, in my opinion. Themes? Nobody likes the default XenForo styles; instead the Retro theme is the most interesting. And ads?! Ad-blockers can easily bypass the most misleading ones.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Some of the additional features with Patreon are rather pointless, in my opinion. Themes? Nobody likes the default XenForo styles; instead the Retro theme is the most interesting. And ads?! Ad-blockers can easily bypass the most misleading ones.
We don't want to split the userbase. But we also need money to keep the site alive, so the Patreon/upgrades thing exists mostly as a way for users to show their love of the site, and get nice cosmetic stuff.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
We don't want to split the userbase. But we also need money to keep the site alive, so the Patreon/upgrades thing exists mostly as a way for users to show their love of the site, and get nice cosmetic stuff.
I get that its the staff's job to keep this site up and going; however, only a small portion of the members here have Patron perks and it would be nice if loads more can help out. I do appreciate the work going into this, though.

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
And ads?! Ad-blockers can easily bypass the most misleading ones.
Using an ad blocker causes the staff to miss out on ad revenue that they use to run and maintain the site, but using a Patron tier that supports ad-free I can avoid them while resting easy knowing that the equivalent revenue is available through my contribution instead.

Other than ad-free I don't make much use of the Patron perks either, but I don't mind because thats not really why I do it. I subscribe to support the site.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Using an ad blocker causes the staff to miss out on ad revenue that they use to run and maintain the site, but using a Patron tier that supports ad-free I can avoid them while resting easy knowing that the equivalent revenue is available through my contribution instead.
Yes, but most of the ads that they put up there are super sketchy. I still do like to support them.

Last edited by SylverReZ,

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I thought the patreon had finished?
I remember joining patreon but eventually just supporting directly from the site.

While I am not a frequent poster anymore, I often lurk. I have been around the temp for way too long, if I can support a bit I will gladly do so.

I do wonder when we can get new vinyl stickers though. Still have one in my car and the magnets on the fridge, those were pretty neat (the postcards too, they're near my gba games).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maxouter @ Maxouter: yo