Hardware Remote sync problem

olijack

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a really weird problem that I think may be hardware based as I have tried everything I can think of that could be software related and many hardware things that I can too.

I have 4 Wii remotes and up until recently everything was fine however I now have a weird problem.

When the system boots up and 1 controller is active once the wii menu comes up if I press a button on the 2nd wii remote to set it going the remote flashes then after a few seconds the first remote loses sync completely and the second fails to sync at that point the initial remote does not respond to any button press and the other 3 will flash but not sync on a button press.

Now it doesn't matter which of my 4 remotes is the first to start and which is the 2nd the same thing happens so I would be surprised if it is the wii remotes at fault.

I have tried the instrutions for resyncing everything by holding down the red button untill they unsync then syncing the back up one by one and when this is done all 4 remotes can be active but the moment the wii is turned off and back on again the problem returns :-(

I have tried deleting all cios' and all other none original software from the wii and then formatting only leaving Bootmii in boot 2 for safety which I don't think should affect anything, however after initial setup on this now close to virgin wii the problem remains even without installing any hacks.

I am open to any suggestions that anyone might have but this has me flummoxed as if it was the BT Module surely there would be other sync problems and would I be able to sync up all after de syncing them if it was the wii remotes why does it not make a difference which is 1st and 2nd wii to be turned on?

Help anyone it is driving me potty.....

olijack

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I see that there are quite a few people looking at this post but no answers so I thought it would be good to let everyone know the outcome in case it helps others.

I tested the wii at a friends house and his wii would accept my remotes with no problem but my remotes failed on his. At this point the only thing I could come up with was that it was a faulty Bluetooth Module that wasn't making the system black screen on bootup because of bootmii being installed as boot2. So I took the plunge ordered a BT Module and replaced the one in my wii and now all is good in fact the wii remotes are working as good as they did on the day the wii was bought
biggrin.gif

I am sure a few of the guru's here probably already would have suggested this and if you have weird wiimote problems along with boot2 bootmii take a look at the bluetooth module.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm actually having the same problem right now.
Tonight when I got home the Wii wouldn't get a connection ( I was trying to play some Netflix ) so I thought it could be a problem with my wireless router and went ahead for an hour resetting factory setting, setting new connections, testing them...but the Wii wouldn't connect.
After a little while it managed to connect, but then I lost the Wii remote connection !
Whatever I do , the 3 lights on the remote just flash briefly and then die.
After reading your post ( and your reply which was surely enlightening to me ) I came to the conclusion that it must be a faulty Bluetooth Module as well.
So may I ask you where did you get a new one, and how difficult it is to replace ?
Thanks in advance.

rigsbynation

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
They're kind of awkward to fit if you haven't done much of this sort of thing as you need to strip the wii to the motherboard. Its just screws and fiddling though so nothing complicated.
The actual module itself just pushes on to fit.

Does indeed sound like your BT module though mate. Where to get em. Ebay. £7.99

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't know what to think.......I re-read a bunch of old posts, and I found out that if the BT module was indeed fried, the Wii shouldn't boot at all, however this morning, after unplugging my Wii for about an hour, I managed to sync both Wii remotes, but my internet connection was gone again !
That's why I suspect something is going on with the BT, maybe there is some kind of interference or the BT is slightly malfunctioning , hence the erratic behavior.
I tried to move my Wii around, in a different location but still, it wouldn't connect.
It picks the WIFI signal of my wireless router, but it fails on a connection test.
I'm sorry if I went off topic here....I apologize, but it's the closest thing I found that might have something to do with what I'm experiencing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Imma make quesadillas for lunch :D +1