Hacking Remote Play (PS4 4.55 and 3.60 VIta)

userother

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys,

Is Remote Play locally possible with a Vita on 3.60FW (running Henkaku) and a PS4 on 4.55FW Exploit Jailbreak?

Thank you.

deSSy2724

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Local network is possible (without internet) but in order to connect your PS Vita 3.60 (tai-henkaku/enso) and your PS4 via Remote Play your PS4 needs to be on the newest firmware version (currently 5.05) and you need to create an PSN account TO UNLOCK the Remote Play settings in your PS4 console and activate the option "Direct Connect". Its a one time process, after that you can turn of your "internet connection" on your PS4 console and you would be still be able to connect to your Vita 3.60 via Remote Play (wifi needs to be turned on on your Vita but you dont need to update your PS Vita).

The point, its not possible for you on the firmware 4.55 because you cant access/unlock the "Remote Play" settings because you are on the old/older firmware. As far as we know, 5.05 firmware is fully hackable privately (both webkit and kernel) which means there is a posibillity that the exploit would be released in the near future and if you bet on that, my advice is to update your PS4 on firmware 5.05 while its still the latest firmware and set up "Remote Play".

I own two PS4 consoles:

1. OFW 4.05 (no remote play, forever) if I keep it that way (avoid updating it)
2. OFW 5.05 (with remote play, forever)

Last edited by deSSy2724,

userother

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Local network is possible (without internet) but in order to connect your PS Vita 3.60 (tai-henkaku/enso) and your PS4 via Remote Play your PS4 needs to be on the newest firmware version (currently 5.05) and you need to create an PSN account TO UNLOCK the Remote Play settings in your PS4 console and activate the option "Direct Connect". Its a one time process, after that you can turn of your "internet connection" on your PS4 console and you would be still be able to connect to your Vita 3.60 via Remote Play (wifi needs to be turned on on your Vita but you dont need to update your PS Vita).

The point, its not possible for you on the firmware 4.55 because you cant access/unlock the "Remote Play" settings because you are on the old/older firmware. As far as we know, 5.05 firmware is fully hackable privately (both webkit and kernel) which means there is a posibillity that the exploit would be released in the near future and if you bet on that, my advice is to update your PS4 on firmware 5.05 while its still the latest firmware and set up "Remote Play".

I own thow PS4 consoles:

1. OFW 4.05 (no remote play, forever) if I keep it that way (avoid updating it)
2. OFW 5.05 (with remote play, forever)

Thanks deSSy2724 for the detailed reply, I had a feeling it might not work on the PS4 due the firmware not being on the latest.

sushyoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I have a ps4 fw 4.73 and can remote play on vita just fine. I guess i jad my vita activated on the ps4 a long time ago so now i dont need internet for it anymore.

Reactions: deSSy2724

deSSy2724

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have a ps4 fw 4.73 and can remote play on vita just fine. I guess i jad my vita activated on the ps4 a long time ago so now i dont need internet for it anymore.
Correct, its the only way. Being on latest firmware while setting up Remote Play

adrian226

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hey guys, im on 4.70fw while watining for5.x full exploit. I really care about remote play on my vita, so what i should do now ? Update console to 5.05 and configure connections between ps4 and vita and wait for 5.05 hack or better stay on 4.70 and wait what gonna happen ? Next question is how long could take more thoses 5.50 beta tests, if I understood correctly qwertyoruiop will release hack for 5.0-5.05 short after ofw 5.50 get released ?

deSSy2724

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey guys, im on 4.70fw while watining for5.x full exploit. I really care about remote play on my vita, so what i should do now ? Update console to 5.05 and configure connections between ps4 and vita and wait for 5.05 hack or better stay on 4.70 and wait what gonna happen ? Next question is how long could take more thoses 5.50 beta tests, if I understood correctly qwertyoruiop will release hack for 5.0-5.05 short after ofw 5.50 get released ?
If a newer firmware releases 5.50 or whatever it might patch the webkit and kernel exploits which work on firmware 5.05. IMHO there is no point in staying on 4.70, the same way there was no point in staying on 4.01, 4.02, 3.55 or whatever before the public 4.05 exploit.

My bet is that the next exploit (public) would be for firmware 5.XX (as far as I know there are two webkit exploits for 5.XX and one kernel for 5.XX).

BTW I dont know if 5.05 is mandatory for online functionality, so, my advice is if you choose to update your console, try first :

1. update to 5.00 > 2. internet on > 3. remote play settings > 4. if no sucess, create PSN account > 5.if you still cant access remote play settings or create an PSN account > 6. update to newer firmware and repeat everything and so on (maybe 5.01, 5.02 first before 5.05).

Last edited by deSSy2724,

sushyoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
adrian226 : Remote play PC is wprking for me on PS4 4.73.

You just need an older version of pc remote play application and apply the offline patch (you can search online).
I just got it working that way, even though I am on 4.73.

WuEpE

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I have the ps4 in version 5.05 and the psvita with 3.60.

I have restored a backup of the ps4, with my active psn account, it allows me to enter settings to add a remote device, but I get an error when connecting the psvita.

In psn profiles of the ps4 it appears to start session, but it asks me update, and the below I see activate console, it is necessary to return to activate the console as main for direct connection from ps4 to psvita? Or do I need to update the psvita to 3.67 / 68?

Mo Poge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you need an activated PS4 for remote play.

I wonder with the recent advancement of the Media Player, if it has any bearing on apps like Remote Play that require activation?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slower speeds for gen4
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hp24nDVKvY