Hacking Remote Package Installer - Incomplete Game Sizes (7.02)

fohstick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello

I am trying to transfer PKGs from my PC onto my PS4 (7.02 HEN) using the Remote Package Installer, but from the PKGs that I have tried, which range from 60GB to 80GB, only ~20GB seems to transfer at most.

For example, I start a transfer on my PC using the PS4 Package Sender 1.2 software. The transferring PKG reports as "sending" as usual. I can see the Ethernet bandwidth being maxed out (~550 mbps) according to the Task Manager during the transfer, so I can at least confirm data is being transferred. Eventually, the software will report the transfer as "done". On the PS4, I can see the new game icon on the dashboard appear with a download progress bar. However, when I open the game icon, the download reports as "x GB out of 20 GB" completed, which is weird because the PKG is supposed to be 60GB. When the PS4 download reaches 20 GB, it reports an installation failure.

I have tested 2 games so far and they are all producing this same problem.

Any ideas that could help?

ItsmeAJ

Trophies
XP
Country
sound like the pkg files on your pc are broken, re-rip/re-download pkgs.

or for some unknown reasons without al-azif dns configuration, it seems the game is supposed to get data from pc but the "downloading" process is taken by downloading data from psn server if your network has internet access.

put these al azif dns to primary/secondary dns in network settings and reinstall these files.

Reactions: KiiWii

fohstick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
put these al azif dns to primary/secondary dns in network settings and reinstall these files.
I think this actually did. The other thing that I did was that I didn't dared go to the PS4 dashboard while the game was being transferred and installed on the PS4; I left the Remote Package Installer opened and focused the entire time.

The game works 100% now. Hopefully it will work for others from now on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back