Religions of the Temp

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by NeoSupaMario, Jan 14, 2013.

Jan 14, 2013

Religions of the Temp by NeoSupaMario at 3:55 AM (7,424 Views / 3 Likes) 144 replies

1. NeoSupaMario
    OP

Member NeoSupaMario GBATemp's Official Stegosaurus

United States
    I'm just curious- what is the most believed in religion on GBAtemp?
    Feel free to discuss religion here.

Nxenz, Jiehfeng and chavosaur like this.

2. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    This is going to end well.
    I personally like to keep my personal opinion on religions to myself because I know most people will not agree with me on them.

3. chavosaur

Reporter chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip
    United States
  4. koimayeul

Member koimayeul GBAtemp Maniac

France
    Here? .. Silly , we're all Tempers!

5. Mantis41

Member Mantis41 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    My beliefs are probably closest to Buddhism but I don't follow any particular faith or religion.

totalnoob617 and Sicklyboy like this.
  6. Sicklyboy

Global Moderator Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

United States
    I believe in the idea of individual beliefs - that is to say I don't believe in any particular religion, but believe in choice ideas from some and other ideals in my life.

totalnoob617 likes this.
  7. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    I am a proponent of Last Thursdayism.

8. Hyro-Sama

Member Hyro-Sama I'm from the fucking future.

Japan
    Please close this. It only end in disaster.

SignZ and GHANMI like this.
  9. tatripp

Member tatripp GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I am Catholic of the Roman Rite. This thread won't end in disaster because people are too scared to be intolerant about religions...but then again this is the internet.

RodrigoDavy likes this.
  10. wrettcaughn

Member wrettcaughn Misunderstood Moral Elitist

United States
    Peace, love, and understanding
    Do unto others
    and all that shit.

there are plenty of atheists here who have nothing better to do with their sad, lonely lives...

tatripp likes this.
  11. Issac

Member Issac Mini-mod

Sweden
    As a Swedish born, I am a member of the Swedish Christian church. I am baptized, most Swedes are. However I am a member just because I want to eventually marry in a church, and want to be buried in a graveyard.
    When it comes to my beliefs, I am... I think it's called Passive Agnostic. I don't believe in anything at the moment. I'm open for ideas, I think everyone should believe anything they want, and I won't correct them or discuss against them. The only time I discuss religion with people, is to learn more.
    However, if somehow some god provides me with something, a feeling, a revelation, anything... I would probably believe. But as of now? nope.

Haloman800 likes this.
  12. tatripp

Member tatripp GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I looked at the article and I kind of get the feeling that this is one of those times when wikipedia fails. I saw many examples of inaccuracies within the article (i.e. I saw a video documentary where Stephen Hawkings admitted with his own computer voice that his time reversal concept was a miscalculation.
    I'm also pretty sure that the Newton did not believe that time was infinite, but instead had a starting point and continued infinitely.) Could you explain a little more about your circular time theory because I do not get it at all.

13. Fear Zoa

Member Fear Zoa This... This is the world we live in

United States
    Hey look another religion thread.
    If I had to guess i'd say most of the religious people are follow some form of christianity since it seems most people here are from United States and Christianity is prevalent here. Nonetheless its would still be interesting to see for myself.

Also I'm Atheist, I simply find religion to be an outdated way of thinking. I have a huge respect for Buddhism though.

14. Alexrose

Member Alexrose Untitled

United Kingdom
    Shouldn't this be a poll?

I'm an existential nihilist. I'm a strong atheist when it comes to the Abrahamic god, but a weak agnostic atheist about a creator.

yuyuyup likes this.
  15. pyromaniac123

Member pyromaniac123 ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็

United Kingdom
    Thread about religion?

[​IMG]

Yepi69, porkiewpyne, GHANMI and 5 others like this.
  16. bowser

Member bowser Mwa ha ha ha!

India
    You're kidding right? Obviously the most popular religion is video games. It is divided into the major sects of Ninty, Sony, and Microsoft. And there are the minorities like Sega and Dingoo. And finally there are the outcasts that think their iDevices are gaming rigs.

17. Maxternal

Member Maxternal Peanut Gallery Spokesman

Costa Rica
    I was expecting a poll, too, but there would be too limited and there would be too few options available to even cover all the STANDARD belief systems that exist in the world, let along all of the other little nit-picky personal beliefs that different people have even WITHIN the same formalized religion.

For example, I'm Mormon and I personally feel that I believe (In an open minded way) what every Mormon SHOULD believe. However, I've seen so many weird ideas that other members of my church have that they just believe because they think everyone one else does and they just ASSUME it's the official, correct belief. (That's the way I see it, anyhow, but I'm not about to strike their belief down because I think it's wrong. At most I might just share and explain what I think and see if it sinks in ... or if they choose not to accept my concept of things, which is fine.)

Also, there are those who knowingly differ from their religion's "official" belief or have other little ideas that their specific religion doesn't really take sides on.

There's just too much grey area for a poll.

18. McHaggis

Member McHaggis Fackin' Troller

United Kingdom
    Interesting how you attempted to start something by baiting atheists, kind of makes it look like you're the one who has nothing better to do. You're saying that atheists are going to judge people in this thread based on their beliefs, but you've already prejudged atheists based on their beliefs. The tone of your post seems purposely provocative like you're intentionally trying to start a flame war. Just an observation...

I'm not an atheist, though I am agnostic. I was born into a Roman Catholic family, christened a few months later and confirmed in my early teens. Since then, I've developed a fairly sceptical point of view about everything, especially after reading the bible a few times. Judging people based on their beliefs is very wrong in my book, because nobody knows who is right and who is wrong.

porkiewpyne, tatripp and mthrnite like this.
  19. pasc

Member pasc GBATemps official GBA Freak

Germany
    Hmm... I might have to rethink the fact that I do NOT have a religion.... Thx.
    This sounds like a certain bird that is also often associated with eternal return...like that... alot

20. Blaze163

Member Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

United Kingdom
    InB4 Jedi.

As for me, I have no time for religion. If I believe in anything it's in the potential of all humankind to perform great feats of heroism, our capacity to bring light to even the darkest of days. I simply try to get as close to that pure light as I can, although I'll always be held back due to basic and honest human nature. For example, right now I help to sell monitored security systems and alarms. I like the job because I know that the people who listen to my pitch may actually think about their security situation, which could possibly help to save their lives later down the line, even if they don't buy the product. I consider it a noble choice of profession. But I'm not such a pure soul as to say that I'm not also motivated by the prospect of a huge commission bonus. If I assist in the sale of 3 systems a week, I take home basically double money that week, which will enable me to fly out to New Zealand to be with the woman I love. So I'm no pure spirit. But I feel that by following a simple ethical code, the results of which I can observe and confirm, rather than a mainstream religion which asks me to take far too many things on faith alone, I can have the inspiration of a religion while not being tied down by rules and concepts that are badly outdated.

TrolleyDave likes this.