Hacking [Released]Wii U Ancast Keys

mkdms14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Soo the WiiU which is barely staying alive on it 2 feet is about to be hacked, while the 3ds an arguably more popular system has still yet to be hacked.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as far as im concered you constantly have something negative to say. but the thing is you clearly understand less then the likes of me. why is it you think theres a massive road ahead??? what because the exploit hasnt been handed to you yet?? sorry for the rant but you are one annoyin negative person. i wouldn't mind you being negative if you had some knowledge on the subjects here

Then please let me know, what should I be saying instead? All I said is the fact I don't see anything truly coming outta this, as there is very little interest in Wii U hacking, aside from a select few.

not being able to use getaway on newer firmware and 3ds is NOT hacked by all measures.

QFMFT. Fully hacked my arse.

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure why you're bringing up the 3DS in an unrelated topic (besides the fact that it HAS been hacked by all measures) nor why you think the success of a system should have anything to do with whether or not it gets hacked. The only thing that that hinges on is the interest of homebrew developers.

Reactions: Fpsrussia117

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Here's an overview of the SHA1 hashes published by team f0f; the boot1 key has not been dumped as far as we know. There's still a long way to go.

3d331b3165f9638c6cd6221702b2f736f7fcf931 Wii-U BootROM Key
ee28d0be718055423ee79d89889ebe386e5b0c2d Wii-U boot0 Key
???????????????????????????????????????? Wii-U boot1 Key
6a0b87fc98b306ae3366f0e0a88d0b06a2813313 Wii-U Common Key *FOUND*
2b30b703c6676c8124c7347b30c7972ffeae2b39 vWii Common key
d8b4970a7ed12e1002a0c4bf89bee171740d268b Starbuck Wii-U Ancast Key
2ba6f692ddbf0b3cd267e9374fa7dd849e80f8ab Wii-U Espresso ancast Key *FOUND*
ce3641b2660253f5a7e789db297be2c1585b3054 vWii Espresso ancast Key *FOUND*

Reactions: CosmoCortney

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
crediar mentioned that one of the exploits (one in the web browser) has been patched by the recent update so it may take you one step backwards unless the system is blown apart to the point the Wii was last generation. I wouldn't worry though - full-blown hacks will come in due time. The period between the release of a system and an effective exploits gradually gets longer and longer as the systems become more and more secure, but no matter how complex they'll get there will always be an exploit to be found - nothing is perfect. Patience is a virtue. ;)

I know patience is key for l33t haxxors. I've been in "scenes" for quite a long time now, the gap from 3.55 CFW on PS3 to 4.55 COBRA was a LONG TIME.

I'm anxious to see this in action!

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
not being able to use getaway on newer firmware and 3ds is NOT hacked by all measures.
QFMFT. Fully hacked my arse.
Soo the WiiU which is barely staying alive on it 2 feet is about to be hacked, while the 3ds an arguably more popular system has still yet to be hacked.
Sooo... the PS3 is not fully hacked because you can't use custom firmware if your system is above 3.55, unless you have a hardware fasher and perform voodoo over your system? :unsure:

The 3DS is fully hacked. What it doesn't have is a softmod which is an entirely different matter altogether. Once you get kernel access, there's literally nothing more you could possibly get.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sooo... the PS3 is not fully hacked because you can't use custom firmware if your system is above 3.55, unless you have a hardware fasher and perform voodoo over your system? :unsure:

The 3DS is fully hacked. What it doesn't have is a softmod which is an entirely different matter altogether. Once you get kernel access, there's literally nothing more you could possibly get.

Well, except working said hacks/exploits on never firmware versions :creep: I don't see it happening, like, at all. There won't be 4.X 3DSes forever ;)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Well, except working said hacks/exploits on never firmware versions :creep: I don't see it happening, like, at all. There won't be 4.X 3DSes forever ;)
Weird - we don't seem to be running low on them at all. It's almost as if there were millions manufactured or something... ;O;

You know what would completely invalidate the 3DS debacle? The possibility to downgrade, however that might be achieved. As long as we get to that point, all complains will magically become invalid.

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's an overview of the SHA1 hashes published by team f0f; the boot1 key has not been dumped as far as we know. There's still a long way to go.

3d331b3165f9638c6cd6221702b2f736f7fcf931 Wii-U BootROM Key
ee28d0be718055423ee79d89889ebe386e5b0c2d Wii-U boot0 Key
???????????????????????????????????????? Wii-U boot1 Key
6a0b87fc98b306ae3366f0e0a88d0b06a2813313 Wii-U Common Key
2b30b703c6676c8124c7347b30c7972ffeae2b39 vWii Common key
d8b4970a7ed12e1002a0c4bf89bee171740d268b Starbuck Wii-U Ancast Key
2ba6f692ddbf0b3cd267e9374fa7dd849e80f8ab Wii-U Espresso ancast Key *FOUND*
ce3641b2660253f5a7e789db297be2c1585b3054 vWii Espresso ancast Key *FOUND*

The first two are the Espresso Boot ROM and boot0 themselves, not keys for them. Both of them have already been dumped, the Espresso Boot ROM by myself and boot0 by Maxternal.

Reactions: jammybudga777

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
If Wii U homebrew ever surfaces and something like WiiMC can play 720p MKVs without lagging as much as the Wii does, I'll buy a Wii U for sure. I want to buy one, but only if I can replace my current Wii with it as it's currently my DVD/480i MKV player with homebrew and USB loader.

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
If Wii U homebrew ever surfaces and something like WiiMC can play 720p MKVs without lagging as much as the Wii does, I'll buy a Wii U for sure. I want to buy one, but only if I can replace my current Wii with it as it's currently my DVD/480i MKV player with homebrew and USB loader.

im sure it will be quality. the wii does a good job for what it is tbf. but the wii u should be able to display upto 1080p :)

Reactions: JayRo

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Correct me if I am wrong, but what this means now is that one can decrypt and analyze the contents of ancast images, but still not run any altered contents?

Say if I wanted to take the vWii System Menu main.dol out of its ancast image, and try to modify it (like similar patches you see with priiloader), or replace it with a different dol (like a vWii priiloader or other Wii loader app), then reencrypt it and put it back into the ancast image and write it to NAND, without regenerating a proper signature (which AFAIK only Nintendo can do), then the WiiU Espresso's Boot ROM would see that is has been altered and therefore refuse to load it, thus breaking the vWii System Menu and bricking vWii altogether?

I assume that the Espresso Boot ROM does NOT have any epicly horrendous (or horrendously epic?) signature checking bug like the Wii did, correct?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
cant wait for wiiu homebrew i want gamepad emulator and such so i dont need to use the gamepad plus a classic controller to play srs nintendo this should have been done by you on vwii by default.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think