Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I present you with Mobiclip Player:
upload_2015-10-19_13-18-13.png

A player for moflex and mods files (and maybe other mobiclip containers in the future).

Download: https://mega.nz/#!xtVkhZQR!mnnqxylBksWf3W0RSv-CU1M92ssD2GwJtVs0Xlecuv4
Github: https://github.com/Gericom/MobiclipDecoder

I am currently trying to fix bugs (if there are still bugs) and to understand the codec. If I am able to understand it good enough, I will try to make an encoder.

Last edited by Gericom,

_eyCaRambA_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool! Works pretty nicely with some MH4U moflex videos, though they feel a bit sped up (might be the frame skip you mentioned or they're 60fps and I can't remember heh).
Some crash the program right away however. If you want them for research purposes, let me know and I'll send them to you.

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Cool! Works pretty nicely with some MH4U moflex videos, though they feel a bit sped up (might be the frame skip you mentioned or they're 60fps and I can't remember heh).
Some crash the program right away however. If you want them for research purposes, let me know and I'll send them to you.
As I said, it plays them as fast as possible currently. I have already fixed that and I will upload a better version soon.
Yes, I would like to have a couple of example files.

converver 2 avi please
I am planning to add that aswell.

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Any plans for the NDS Mobiclip? I noticed when I looked at Moflex that it supports the same compression as Mobiclip but I'm not sure if its directly backwards compatible.
I think I will look at the ds files aswell. The codec will probably be mostly the same. It's mainly the container that's different.

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
nds have a two different codec from mobiclip - *.vx (VXDS) and *.mods.
Yes, I know. Also, I just tried some stuff with mods files, and it seems like the codec is compatible. The first frame of this kind of videos is black most of the time because they fade in, so I can not see if the picture is actually correct, but it does not throw exceptions. I'll have to figure out the container format to properly demux it.

Edit: I found a mods file that does not start with a black frame:
Mods.png

Last edited by Gericom,

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Cool, works like a charm in Fantasy Life .moflex files.
.moflex container have audio stream? or it's only video?
Moflex files can have audio streams. I simply did not implement it yet.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I just uploaded a new version. I fixed quite some bugs, and it now runs the videos at the right framerate.

You can download it with the link in the first post.

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
YO @Gericom! THis is awesome!
Would it be possible to convert the moflex to an other format (Avi, mp4,...) or encode mp4, avi,... to moflex?
Would be awesome for translate japanese video sequenzes to english (subs)
Converting to avi will be implemented soon. Encoding is more difficult, but as I said in the first post, if I am able to understand the format enough to make an encoder, I will try to do so.

Reactions: I pwned U!

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just found out the same codec is used for the wii motion plus instruction video aswell:
motionplus.png

This is just the first frame, because yet another container format is used.

If we're able to figure out all these different containers, there are so much files we can play.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Fucking etcher and it's validation