ROM Hack [Release] Yo-kai Watch save data decrypter / encrypter

Feroz El Mejor

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Spain
You people are going to be really lucky this time, I downloaded the 4 editors the 18 of december, so we have all of them preserved :)

Let's hope I don't get any trouble because of this, and I hope you all can save them too ;)

Attachments

• Yo-kai Editor 1.rar
    6.2 MB · Views: 1,500
  • Yo-kai Editor 2.rar
    6.4 MB · Views: 1,540
  • Yo-kai Editor 3.rar
    6.8 MB · Views: 1,663
  • Yo-kai Editor Blasters 1.rar
    6.7 MB · Views: 1,200

LunaLove

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there another yo-kai watch save editor?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is there another yo-kai watch save editor?

mimi0984

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Hello, I would like to download the Yokai watch 3 edition but I do not know where to find the page because it does not work anymore if someone knows please tell me.: Guiño :: guiño :: guiño :: llorar :: llorar :: llorar:

Last edited by mimi0984,

RPG_FAN128

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
You people are going to be really lucky this time, I downloaded the 4 editors the 18 of december, so we have all of them preserved :)

Let's hope I don't get any trouble because of this, and I hope you all can save them too ;)

Did you download the program that decrypts/encrypts saves? Namely: https://github.com/togenyan/yw_save. More specifically the source code that accomplishes this? If so I'll add the Yo-Kai games to my list of save editors to make. I'm actually kind of bummed I was intending to contact the OP and talk about expanding the editors to include things like unlocked Mirapo's and other stuff I had compiled on my own.

OrangeUnicornPeasant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you download the program that decrypts/encrypts saves? Namely: https://github.com/togenyan/yw_save. More specifically the source code that accomplishes this? If so I'll add the Yo-Kai games to my list of save editors to make. I'm actually kind of bummed I was intending to contact the OP and talk about expanding the editors to include things like unlocked Mirapo's and other stuff I had compiled on my own.
The save editors themselves should be able to accomplish that from what I've read.

RPG_FAN128

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
The save editors themselves should be able to accomplish that from what I've read.

While it is true that each save editor automatically decrypted the data so you can do your edits and then when you select "save" it also encrypts them back into the save required for the 3DS to load properly. So technically speaking having the source code from any of the editors will suffice also. But alas, one would still either need (1) the source code showing how to decrypt/encrypt the data or (2) someone somewhere -- or a tutorial -- showing how one encrypts and then similarly decrypts 3DS save files. Or to be precise, Yo Kai Watch save files, as there is no guarantee that all encrypted saves use the exact same encryption....Or if it is...I would love someone to hit me with a link showing just how to do so.

togenyan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for inconvenience you all, but I deleted all repositories related to save editing. This is mainly because distributing save editors might be illegal now in Japan, because of the recent law amendment. I'm not sure it is really illegal or not, but I deleted them just in case. (I don't want to talk about legal issue here, so please don't post about it)
You can still use, modify, or distribute my software, under certain conditions (see the license shown in my app). Thank you everyone involved in my editors!

Portal2player56

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
awe sad tht the save editors were removed...was hoping for an english translated variation of yw3 save editor as the current one for tempura,sushi,and sukiyaki works with the international yw 3 but cant understand the japanese bit fully so its rather difficult to find the items i have and more in it since 3/4ths of it is japanese,mainly the item names and such. i dont have much difficulty with the yokai since they are numbered so its easy to know who i'm picking.

Last edited by Portal2player56,
Reactions: Pluupy

x06xpower

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
awe sad tht the save editors were removed...was hoping for an english translated variation of yw3 save editor as the current one for tempura,sushi,and sukiyaki works with the international yw 3 but cant understand the japanese bit fully so its rather difficult to find the items i have and more in it since 3/4ths of it is japanese,mainly the item names and such. i dont have much difficulty with the yokai since they are numbered so its easy to know who i'm picking.
you're using the outdated version , there is a support for the localized game recently , someone have mirror it , check the replies above your comment.

x06xpower

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you're using the outdated version , there is a support for the localized game recently , someone have mirror it , check the replies above your comment.

@togenyan don't worry about it , better safe than sorry :) thank you for all of your hard work.

Justin1029

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
jrcolblg.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Canada
Is it just me or the mirrored yokai watch 3 editor have a virus? Can anyone check please?
Not sure. But when I tried using the final official release on the UK/AU English version, it kept corrupting the save. (And this was the one with the English names.) Although, I also have the "second-last" version before it, when it was still all Japanese. And THAT still worked, no problem.

I might rehost it, but it'll be the one with all the Japanese names intact, as that one is what I believe is the most stable version. If anyone wants me to, let an admin know, and the admin can message me so I can have permission to do so.

Also, @togenyan, hopefully you might have the Busters 2 save editor at hand? If you can, you can PM me. I'm literally enjoying it at the moment. XD

Feroz El Mejor

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Spain
Sorry for inconvenience you all, but I deleted all repositories related to save editing. This is mainly because distributing save editors might be illegal now in Japan, because of the recent law amendment. I'm not sure it is really illegal or not, but I deleted them just in case. (I don't want to talk about legal issue here, so please don't post about it)
You can still use, modify, or distribute my software, under certain conditions (see the license shown in my app). Thank you everyone involved in my editors!
Don't worry, I'm happy to see that you're fine with people like me distributing your save editors for preservation.

Also, thank you very much about all your work with they, it's really nice to get the exclusive digital version Yo-kai (Like Jibanyan-T or Maginyan etc...).

And as @Justin1029 said, I would really like to get an editor for Blasters 2 or YW4 when it releases (and maybe for Sangokushi for the fantranslation), if you can give the editors to other people who can distribute them, I would really appreciate it (only if you made they, you don't need to do that, of course).

Is it just me or the mirrored yokai watch 3 editor have a virus? Can anyone check please?
If you're talking about my mirrored version, it shouldn't have any virus, I uploaded they as I downloaded they from the original source (besides that I changed a bit the name of the files of the Blasters 1 editor).

I'm not a hacker or anything, so I can't to put a virus on anything even if I wanted >.<

x06xpower

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
omg so many people from gamefaqs and a certain youtuber discord here :( i just hope when people trade yokai from editor , they won't pass it as legally self caught when trading it away...

Where can i find my save data on the SD card? Since i can't seem to find it.

you need to dump your save file first. then go to default folder where the saves are dump according to the app you just use. if you're having hard time remembering where it is, just search the title id or name the dumped save file like "to be edited" , then you can search that easily.

Mansupe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
omg so many people from gamefaqs and a certain youtuber discord here :( i just hope when people trade yokai from editor , they won't pass it as legally self caught when trading it away...

you need to dump your save file first. then go to default folder where the saves are dump according to the app you just use. if you're having hard time remembering where it is, just search the title id or name the dumped save file like "to be edited" , then you can search that easily.
thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs