ROM Hack [RELEASE] Xenoblade Chronicles 3D Save Utility

SuperVioshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The save editor doesn't even want to open my save, says the unknown filetype Size 0x9373 then crashes whenI use the Decompress command. Any ideas?

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out. The Readme lists the commands in the wrong spots, the Compress command is listed as Decompression and vice versa. I should have looked closer at them anyway.

Last edited by SuperVioshi,

OldGlass

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm stuck at level 75. Can someone please edit my save for me to level 99 for all characters if possible? If not, then I main Shulk, Dunban, and Sharla.
I'll post the save if someone is willing to do it

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm stuck at level 75. Can someone please edit my save for me to level 99 for all characters if possible? If not, then I main Shulk, Dunban, and Sharla.
I'll post the save if someone is willing to do it
What do you mean by stuck at 75? Is nothing giving to EXP?
You can you an NTR plugin to get yourself to 99 if you need to.

OldGlass

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean by stuck at 75? Is nothing giving to EXP?
You can you an NTR plugin to get yourself to 99 if you need to.

oh, I was hyperbolizing at the stuck part, but I'm really trying to grind to an adequate level to defeat a boss I'm having trouble facing, and so far, it ain't going so well.
I will look into the NTR plugin later. Can you give me a link that can explain how to install the plugin please?
I'm in a situation where I can't really google right now

Last edited by OldGlass,

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
oh, I was hyperbolizing at the stuck part, but I'm really trying to grind to an adequate level to defeat the boss I'm having trouble facing, and so far, it ain't going so well.
I will look into the NTR plugin later. Can you give me a link that can explain how to install the plugin please?
It's more about equipment + battle strategy than levels in Xenoblade. I'm a bit busy now but once I get home I'll get you a guide for NTR plugins.

Reactions: MK73DS and OldGlass

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It's more about equipment + battle strategy than levels in Xenoblade. I'm a bit busy now but once I get home I'll get you a guide for NTR plugins.
To be fair level is very important for physical attackers, not as an absolute number but as in difficulty classes (black/blue/grey/yellow/red)!

_Flash_

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thank you for the tool!
This is very useful. I found the location for the gems for the 3DS and Wii version:

v8fXP1z.png

Both start at the same location and these are the same gems (HP Up II and Strength Up II) but different values.
Can someone please explain me, how this works? I want to convert this gem to the 3DS version:

D3 E3 0C 38 00 ?? 01 00 A7 C1 93 00 06 12 00 00

?? = Position / Order

This is a special gem. This one is an Unbeatable VI gem with a 100% value.^^

EDIT 2:
I have converted the gem to the 3DS version:

A3 3E 61 30 ?? 00 01 C0 A3 26 83 01 61 10 00 00

EDIT:
How it looks, after I got some 100% Unbeatable VI gems (Wii-Version):

h7rj9H5.png

Last edited by _Flash_,

VirusX2

Master Race Beast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@WulfyStylez Thanks for Working on Wii to 3DS Conversion. Am waiting for this Wonderful stuff. I used to Travel a lot, The main reason i bought 3DS due to portability. I bought this game and was really bored to start it again and i almost played 5 hours and got frustrated as i spent hours of time i spent playing in Wii. I really need this Wii to 3DS save conversion stuff. Am waiting for that to happen.

Vinhstart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm... For some reason the program doesn't want to run for me. The console immediately exits out when I launch it even as administrator. No firewalls on or anti-virus. I tried this both on my win10 and win8 (don't have win 7 sadly since both are new laptops) and doesn't work :/

Edit: Yes I am trying to run it with CMD. Just exits D:

Last edited by Vinhstart,

VirusX2

Master Race Beast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm... For some reason the program doesn't want to run for me. The console immediately exits out when I launch it even as administrator. No firewalls on or anti-virus. I tried this both on my win10 and win8 (don't have win 7 sadly since both are new laptops) and doesn't work :/

Edit: Yes I am trying to run it with CMD. Just exits D:

Did you tried to use command line augments?

Vinhstart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you tried to use command line augments?

I tried to insert the exe path in CMD. It should've loaded correctly with all the arguments but it didn't and when I tried entering the command line xeno_save_tool it says it's not recognized. Running the cmd with the executable any other way will automatically exit.

VirusX2

Master Race Beast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to insert the exe path in CMD. It should've loaded correctly with all the arguments but it didn't and when I tried entering the command line xeno_save_tool it says it's not recognized. Running the cmd with the executable any other way will automatically exit.

1. Open the Extracted Folder
  2. Press Shift on keyboard and right click somewhere in folder.
  3. Click "Open command windows here".
  4. Type "xeno_save_tool -c monado01 save.dec" to decompress and edit
  5. Type "xeno_save_tool -d save.dec monado01" to compress back.

Maxibajillion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey does anyone know what the address locations are for affinity coins?

EDIT: Nevermind! I figured it out. Now I'm not sure if these addresses will be different in different regions, but the addresses I got for the coins are as follows:
0000F9D0 at 08
0000FCD0 at 0C
0000102E0 at 04
0000105E0 at 08
0000108E0 at 0C
000010BF0 at 00
000010EF0 at 04
Just change the value in that column and the next one to E7 03 (little endian) and each character will have 999 affinity coins!!

Last edited by Maxibajillion,
Reactions: Ryccardo

ed58

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
would it be possible to edit maps. like adding landmarks and locations that were miss able? I know next to nothing about hex editing.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
would it be possible to edit maps. like adding landmarks and locations that were miss able? I know next to nothing about hex editing.
Possible, most likely (not necessarily by reunlocking those maps, but at least by rolling back the story);
Easy to figure out, doubt it (even A/B save comparisons are pretty annoying to do)

ed58

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Possible, most likely (not necessarily by reunlocking those maps, but at least by rolling back the story);
Easy to figure out, doubt it (even A/B save comparisons are pretty annoying to do)

Ok. what if I could edit my current map? All I need to do is place myself in Galahad fortress, get a location, then use the map to warp out if that's possible. I think I found the offset for this. But I don't know the value for Galahad

Edit: Found the value for Galahad fortress being 31353031. But when I load up my save. I'm still in the original place I saved except I can hear Galahad fortress music playing

Last edited by ed58,

ed58

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone could help me find the offset for telling the game what point in the story I'm at, i'd really appreciate it. I had no luck with file comparison.

Sourish Das

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Can someone please post the offset value for money. If any other offset values are there please share them too. I am using US version of 3ds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...