ROM Hack [RELEASE] Xenoblade Chronicles 3D Save Utility

Sahloknir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I can talk you through decrypting your save but that's it. I'm not too knowledgeable about values myself; I had to get help finding where party member values were so I could put Mumkhar and Dickson on my team.
I'll take any help you can give, hopefully someone else will be able to come in and talk me through the rest. And even more hopefully, maybe some time soon Wulfy will be able to make a version with a GUI to really streamline stuff.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
My goal is to raise my character levels to 70. Are you able to talk me through that?

Send me your save (all files or just the appropriate monado0? as you prefer) and who you want to level up, and I'll try!

Don't expect results too soon though, as this game has a lot of analytics and even a screenshot in the save which makes a workable but major annoyance to research (and I'll need to manually level up anyone you care for by 1-2 levels in the progress) :)

Sahloknir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Send me your save (all files or just the appropriate monado0? as you prefer) and who you want to level up, and I'll try!

Don't expect results too soon though, as this game has a lot of analytics and even a screenshot in the save which makes a workable but major annoyance to research (and I'll need to manually level up anyone you care for by 1-2 levels in the progress) :)
If it's easier, I wouldn't be opposed to you simply skipping straight to 99, otherwise thanks heaps for the offer, I'll send the saves when I get home from work, or tomorrow morning.

Last edited by Sahloknir,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If it's easier, I wouldn't be opposed to you simply skipping straight to 99, otherwise thanks heaps for the offer, I'll send the saves when I get home from work, or tomorrow morning.

Nah, putting in the number is the easy part, all the difficulties I mentioned apply to finding where it should go! :)

Sahloknir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Nah, putting in the number is the easy part, all the difficulties I mentioned apply to finding where it should go! :)
Have attached the saves as outputted by JKSM, thanks once again for doing this for me, I appreaciate it hugely. The 3 characters I main are Shulk, Sharla, and Riki.

Attachments

• Xenoblade_Chronicles_3D.7z
    20.3 KB · Views: 235
Reactions: Ryccardo

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well, I have figured out how to edit the level... but it's probably not what you wanted!

The character's base stats are not changed until the next natural level up (which of course is now even more inconvenient, since it will take an unrealistic amount of experience to reach how much you need to normally be 71) :(

I have tried to figure out where experience is stored but didn't have much success. Haven't tried the stats yet but it probably won't be too fun either.

Here are the addresses anyway, since there's a huge lack of documentation:
#84: level on save screen
#F8D0: Shulk's level
#FBD4: Reyn's level
#101DC: Dunban's level
#104E0: Sharla's level
#107E4: Riki's level
#10AE8: Melly's level

After editing levels, the game may crash when the team appears on the bottom screen. In this case, mash X after loading the save and get into the character selection screen ASAP, change the team, exit the menu, and if it now works defeat one enemy and save!

Attachments

• Sahloknir-level70.zip
    21.2 KB · Views: 201

Sahloknir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Well, I have figured out how to edit the level... but it's probably not what you wanted!

The character's base stats are not changed until the next natural level up (which of course is now even more inconvenient, since it will take an unrealistic amount of experience to reach how much you need to normally be 71) :(

I have tried to figure out where experience is stored but didn't have much success. Haven't tried the stats yet but it probably won't be too fun either.

After editing levels, the game may crash when the team appears on the bottom screen. In this case, mash X after loading the save and get into the character selection screen ASAP, change the team, exit the menu, and if it now works defeat one enemy and save!
Glad that I've made a backup of my save in caution for this stuff. But basically if I level up to 71 (there's an enemy nearby that can be exploited for EXP somewhat easily), all the stats will catch up?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
if I level up to 71 (there's an enemy nearby that can be exploited for EXP somewhat easily), all the stats will catch up?
It probably should! For figuring out which level was whose, I set one character to level 1, another to level 2, ... and after a battle their level went to about 16 and the stats adjusted!

Sahloknir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
It probably should! For figuring out which level was whose, I set one character to level 1, another to level 2, ... and after a battle their level went to about 16 and the stats adjusted!
Okay that's odd, when I restore the save inJKSM, and load up the game, the saves are all empty.

EDIT: my old saves restore just fine however.

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

If you have powersaves there is a super easy way around this issue. Apart from the crash tho. When you give yourself the level use the Double Exp Gain code on powersaves 3ds and you will get a ton of exp (make sure you have over half of what is needed to get to the next lvl befor eusing exp gain, oh wait i lied. Use exp gain multiple times if you need too!)

EDIT: Powersaves didnt work :( Welp looks like i will have to lvl up legit then
Also, i am looking out for my EXP value. I wrote it down and will search in all the time that i can

Last edited by Mnecraft368,

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well heres a big FUCK YOU too this annoying tool. Im gonna use this handy little NTR Cheat Plugin!

pst, the plugin actually works for once

OMG, max exp hack + insta kill hack gave me lvl 99 instantly. Outta my way chumps

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

is it normal for the 3DS version of Xenoblade Chronicles to display the following message

There is not enouph space on the Wii System Memory. THE WII SYSTEM MEMORY? THIS IS A FRICKIN 3DS

Last edited by Mnecraft368,

MK73DS

Non-commutative algebra
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
France
is it normal for the 3DS version of Xenoblade Chronicles to display the following message

There is not enouph space on the Wii System Memory. THE WII SYSTEM MEMORY? THIS IS A FRICKIN 3DS

This is a port
99% of the code is unchanged
They forgot to edit that
That's all the story

EDIT : Also, even the screen ratio is unchanged. The image is stretched to fit on the 3DS display ratio ... So I think this error message is far from being the most visible problem in this port ;)

Last edited by MK73DS,

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@WulfyStylez , I hope I'm not hassling you, but are you currently working on wii-3ds save converting? Or is there a way to do it manually without the program? Thank you!

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@WulfyStylez , I hope I'm not hassling you, but are you currently working on wii-3ds save converting? Or is there a way to do it manually without the program? Thank you!
I ended up just playing on the Wii instead, ha. The issue is: every value that isn't a byte/char array is endian-swapped, and it would take a lot of work to know where every field in the save is and what its length/data type is.

Reactions: Psi-hate

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ended up just playing on the Wii instead, ha. The issue is: every value that isn't a byte/char array is endian-swapped, and it would take a lot of work to know where every field in the save is and what its length/data type is.
Well, I guess I'd just make a new save on my 3ds version. My Wii save was way too terrible in terms of set up anyway. Maybe I can find a save file near to where I was on my wii. Thanks for answering!

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is a port
99% of the code is unchanged
They forgot to edit that
That's all the story

EDIT : Also, even the screen ratio is unchanged. The image is stretched to fit on the 3DS display ratio ... So I think this error message is far from being the most visible problem in this port ;)
Im not stupid i knew it was data leftover from a port

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The update actually made zoom better