MK73DS

Non-commutative algebra
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
France
Hey, Im trying to use the save utility however everytime i use it. shows up for not even a second and it quits. Help

It's a command line tool.
Type "Win + R", then "cmd.exe". After that copy the path of the folder you placed the tool (for example D:\Downloads\3DS\) and type in the console "cd [the path you copied]". (Note : if the first letter of your path is not C, then type just before that #: where # is the first letter you have, in this example it is D)
Now you can use the tool :) Just type its name and press Enter, it will show you how to use it :)

citanul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a pretty long shot, but I've tried everything so it's worth it.

I have a Xenoblade Chronicles 35 hour system save that got botched, possibly by emulating the game, since it starts loading but it never ends.
Btw, this is the Wii version, but I figured it must be similar to the 3DS.
This happened when I was getting started on the Makna Forest level, so I figured the emulator must not like that level.

I tried this advice
Try editing the data at 0xB264 and 0xB288, these are not endian-flipped unlike most values in the 3DS save. changing this from e.g. 0101 (0x30313031) -> 0801 (0x30383031) would put you in Bionis' Left Shoulder, buuuut I also really doubt they forgot to strip the unused maps while porting. Maybe try epilogue Colony 9 (0102) first.​

But whenever I changed that, the game tells me the save game is corrupted.
I've tried saving next to the entrace to an area, leaving to a new area and then saving again, then diffing the saves to see what changes around that offset, but I'm always getting the save corrupted message.

Can anyone let me know what else I need to change?
Thanks a mil!

MK73DS

Non-commutative algebra
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
France
I don't get it, are you playing on a Wii emulator or on the 3DS ?

If you tried to put your Wii save on 3DS, that's not possible for now (more precisely this tool can't do that for now), that's why it says that your save is corrupted.

citanul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm playing on the Wii, nothing to do with the 3DS. (Even though I realise this post is about the 3DS Xenoblade Chronicles 3D save utility..)
I really just want to change the save so I can start at the beginning of Colony 9 or Tephra Cave or something like that... It should be the same for 3DS and Wii saves, no?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This is a pretty long shot, but I've tried everything so it's worth it.

I have a Xenoblade Chronicles 35 hour system save that got botched, possibly by emulating the game, since it starts loading but it never ends.
Btw, this is the Wii version, but I figured it must be similar to the 3DS.
This happened when I was getting started on the Makna Forest level, so I figured the emulator must not like that level.

I tried this advice
Try editing the data at 0xB264 and 0xB288, these are not endian-flipped unlike most values in the 3DS save. changing this from e.g. 0101 (0x30313031) -> 0801 (0x30383031) would put you in Bionis' Left Shoulder, buuuut I also really doubt they forgot to strip the unused maps while porting. Maybe try epilogue Colony 9 (0102) first.​

But whenever I changed that, the game tells me the save game is corrupted.
I've tried saving next to the entrace to an area, leaving to a new area and then saving again, then diffing the saves to see what changes around that offset, but I'm always getting the save corrupted message.

Can anyone let me know what else I need to change?
Thanks a mil!
You would definitely need to fix checksums on the "monado0?" file you're editing (this utility does it automatically... for the N3DS version, of course)
The format of the Wii version is not necessarily the same either!

Given what your planned changes are, why not just use Ocarina codes to achieve them? (and then save afterwards :) )

citanul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, I understand... Yeah, it doesn't appear to be the same. The utility expects a "DRSU" header whereas my Wii saves have a "USRD" block at its beginning, so I assume the checksums will also be different.

I like the Ocarina codes idea, but which one do you suggest?
The ones from here (geckocodes.org/index.php?c=SX4E01) don't really seem to cut it... Tried to use the level swapper, but I don't think it does what I want (might just swap Colony 9 for another level, which isn't the same as changing my current level...)

citanul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It changes (-) > maps > colony 9 > central plaza to whatever variable you enter in that code (as long as the code is active, that is)

Right. But since I can never access the map because the load doesn't finish, I can't use it.
I'd need something that lets me change the location in the save.

Let me know if you have any other ideas. Thanks for the help!

MK73DS

Non-commutative algebra
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
France
Right. But since I can never access the map because the load doesn't finish, I can't use it.
I'd need something that lets me change the location in the save.

Let me know if you have any other ideas. Thanks for the help!

If this is an emulation issue, maybe you can give your save to someone who has a Wii. He will go somewhere else, save, and give it back to you :)

citanul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this is an emulation issue, maybe you can give your save to someone who has a Wii. He will go somewhere else, save, and give it back to you :)

I unfortunately don't know anyone who owns one.
If anyone reading this could give that a go, I'd be forever indebted. :)

hiimzech

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
has anyone figured out where to edit party affinity? I know these are level based off some points so changing the level directly may not work, but I also don't know how many points I am at currently towards a party member

Siraco

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I open the editor it just crashes. Like maybe once in a while it will open and show green text but immediately after close out, and that's if I'm lucky. Anyone know why this happens? I haven't seen anyone else with the same issue yet

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ