Homebrew [Release][WIP] 3DSync

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It works well and saves you a lot of time, extracting the SD every time you need to backup something is very annoying in this model.
It would be great that in the future a restore option from Cloud -> 3DS is implemented, so multiple systems can share the save data, even an user system that swaps folders could be made. Anyway, anywhere this evolves into is very welcome, so far is very useful, thank you so much!

A quick question: If I re-do the upload process, does the old save files get overwritten or renamed to keep both? Normally I backup my saves with the date as file name to avoid stupid data loss if I do a mistake.

Kyraminol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
A quick question: If I re-do the upload process, does the old save files get overwritten or renamed to keep both? Normally I backup my saves with the date as file name to avoid stupid data loss if I do a mistake.
Currently it does overwrite with the new ones. A warning prompt like "Do you want to overwrite xyz? Yes/No/All" is on the list

It would be great that in the future a restore option from Cloud -> 3DS is implemented
I'm taking my time to correctly design and implement this, because no one want their 3DS saves getting corrupted by a network loss right?

MarioKartFan

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Currently it does overwrite with the new ones. A warning prompt like "Do you want to overwrite xyz? Yes/No/All" is on the list

I'm taking my time to correctly design and implement this, because no one want their 3DS saves getting corrupted by a network loss right?

Awesome to hear, thanks.

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

You could make the app to do a temporary local backup just in case something fails, so it gets restored back on error, or gets deleted if successful.

Last edited by DSoryu,

3DS_Noob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to download the config file but when I click the download button nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong?

triv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
it can currently only upload

Does this literally mean it only does uploading at the moment and not actually sync? By sync I mean if the one uploaded at Dropbox is more recent, it will download and if the one on the 3DS is more recent it will upload?

EDIT: Okay I read the comments and I figured out that save restore is still not implemented. But thanks! Looking forward to more updates!

Last edited by triv,

Ninjaguy454

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I tried accessing this today and it seems like the server for the configurator is down.

Tried on Chrome and Firefox on mobile. Any tips?

Deleted member 446461

Trophies
XP
Last edited by Deleted member 446461,

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?