Homebrew [Release] Wifi Toggle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stack3r

Shizuo Heiwajima
Trophies
XP
So i added the 3dsx and it worked fine, now when i tried all it says is missing title, i havnt changed anything at all, i even recopied everything and it still doesnt work

daxtsu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So i added the 3dsx and it worked fine, now when i tried all it says is missing title, i havnt changed anything at all, i even recopied everything and it still doesnt work

That's a bug with mashers's launcher. He knows about it already.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Im not using mashers though :huh:
Is your sys firm less than 9.0? Using ninjhax 1.1? That would cause the problem you describe.

If this is the case, either install the cia version, update to ninjhax 2, or use the 3dsx i attached on the previous page.

Stack3r

Shizuo Heiwajima
Trophies
XP
Is your sys firm less than 9.0? Using ninjhax 1.1? That would cause the problem you describe.

If this is the case, either install the cia version, update to ninjhax 2, or use the 3dsx i attached on the previous page.
Yep on 2.1 ninjhax, ironhax with 10 sys firm, and okay ill try that

daxtsu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
For those interested in an auto-toggle version, please try the attached beta version. I've tested it on my own 3DS and it seems to work okay., but it's possible it might take a try or two (there's no way that I know of to just ask for the power status of the wifi hardware, I have to check both signal strength and get a silly error back saying wifi is "disabled", when it can actually still be on, but just not connected to the Internet).

Edit: I'm working on better detection, so this beta will soon be outdated.

Edit 2: Download this beta again if you already downloaded it before, it should work much better now.

Attachments

• WifiToggle-Auto.zip
    291 KB · Views: 1,063
Last edited by daxtsu,
Reactions: hiten and SomeGamer

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those interested in an auto-toggle version, please try the attached beta version. I've tested it on my own 3DS and it seems to work okay., but it's possible it might take a try or two (there's no way that I know of to just ask for the power status of the wifi hardware, I have to check both signal strength and get a silly error back saying wifi is "disabled", when it can actually still be on, but just not connected to the Internet).

Edit: I'm working on better detection, so this beta will soon be outdated.

Edit 2: Download this beta again if you already downloaded it before, it should work much better now.
What this auto toggle do differently comparing to the regular one?

Last edited by tivu100,

daxtsu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
What this auto toggle do differently comparing to the regular one?

It automatically turns wifi on or off (whichever is appropriate. If it's on, it turns wifi off. If it's off, it turns it on), but it's not working on hax 2.5 yet. I need to update it.

Reactions: tivu100

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It automatically turns wifi on or off (whichever is appropriate. If it's on, it turns wifi off. If it's off, it turns it on), but it's not working on hax 2.5 yet. I need to update it.
Thanks for the prompt response.

I think I will settle for the regular for my friend N3DS ironHax 2.5: Need to turn off Wifi on Home Menu so he doesn't accidentally update Iron Fall game.

daxtsu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Thanks for the prompt response.

I think I will settle for the regular for my friend N3DS ironHax 2.5: Need to turn off Wifi on Home Menu so he doesn't accidentally update Iron Fall game.

In theory this shouldn't be working on 2.5 at all; it just freezes my N3DS when I try to get access to what I need to disable/enable wifi. :/

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In theory this shouldn't be working on 2.5 at all; it just freezes my N3DS when I try to get access to what I need to disable/enable wifi. :/
Yeah, I understand, I meant my friend will need to wait for now. I will set up BrowserHax for him so he avoids to touch the Ironfall game in the mean time.

One stupid suggestion/idea: is it possible to make an auto turn off wifi whenever you exit HBL mode, within the regular Wifi Toggle app (in case forget to turn off Wifi) or kicked out of HBL mode/state (in case crashing)?

daxtsu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
One stupid suggestion/idea: is it possible to make an auto turn off wifi whenever you exit HBL mode, within the regular Wifi Toggle app (in case forget to turn off Wifi) or kicked out of HBL mode/state (in case crashing)?

I think something like that would have to be added into the payload itself, so I don't think so, no.

nallar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is this due to a problem with hax 2.5, or something you can fix?

edit: Nevermind, didn't notice edit in main post. Sorry :(

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for bumping such an old thread, just wanted to report that this CAN WORK with hax 2.5 IF you launch it through CtrBootManager.
CtrBootManager allows you to set custom offsets which can often be used to bypass the issues booting older homebrew that doesn't like to run on hax2.5 without modification.
I don't believe I even had to set a custom offset for the entry in this case, I just linked it and it seems to work just fine for toggling wifi on and off through CtrBootManager's selection menu.

I have had it stop working after going in and out of a few homebrew apps such as ftbrony, so it's still a bit unstable, I imagine it might be smoothed out if you copy over an offset that some of the harder to boot CFW use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yea is pretty good