[RELEASE]Vitashell 1.63 unofficial by TheheroCAG

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by theheroGAC, Jul 15, 2017 at 4:40 PM.

1. theheroGAC
    OP

theheroGAC Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2017
    Italy
    I released an unofficial version of vitashell to try to compile vpk files for PSVITA alone. With the help of zecoxao and TheFlow I was able to understand the various features while compiling and I would like to share my release with you.I would also like to thanks the Gamesandconsoles and playstationhax community and the various testers (goku84 and vito florio).This release to all features of version 1.63 not yet released. All credits to TheFlow,Yifan lu and other developer of the PSvita scene

Changelog 1.63
    • Added ability to export video files.
    • Added support for PSVSD uma0: mounting.
    • Fixed bug where the right analog stick was simulated when the headphone was plugged in.

Download

Vitashell 1.63 unofficial

Preview

https://ibb.co/bHFTsv

Last edited by theheroGAC, Jul 16, 2017 at 9:40 AM
    Eix, swosho and Silverthorn like this.
  2. Retinal_FAILURE

Retinal_FAILURE GBAtemp Regular

Jan 3, 2016
    United States
    Nice! Sounds cool. Sd!

3. dude22072

dude22072 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2010
    United States
    Why not pull request this to the main repo rather than releasing your own version?
    NVM, misunderstood what this was

Last edited by dude22072, Jul 15, 2017 at 9:49 PM
  4. theheroGAC
    OP

theheroGAC Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2017
    Italy
    I've updated vitashell that specifies the unofficial version on the startup screen

5. yeshuachrist

yeshuachrist GBAtemp Regular

Sep 1, 2010
    United States
    (Since Henkaku added the option to remove the "Adrenaline" Logo on start up from the PSX emulator via the options menu in the PSX emulator, it will be difficult for anyone to top that)

(Two persistent issues with Vitashell, still hoping for a fix, number one on my list, is being bothered with having to unplug and plug the USB Stick in again to allow it to mount, that may be locked into the bios, so no harm done.............number two on my list is being unable to unmount the USB Stick without vitashell freezing or undoing henkaku after I play a game or a few games from the usb stick, the solution to that I use is just to restart the vita using the "restart.vpk" application, rather than unmount the usb stick from the option in vita shell)

(Henkaku Enso may move to fix these issues, but I don't know if it would be more appropriate, since I have a psp vita with memory card and games, for psp/ps1 and the usb stick for vita games all installed) (all good, keep up the good work)

Last edited by yeshuachrist, Jul 16, 2017 at 7:53 PM
  6. Zidapi

Zidapi GBAtemp Addict

Dec 1, 2002
    What I was expecting was, a VitaShellMod style fork.

What I got was, I'm not sure, is this just the regular old VitaShell compiled with the latest commits?

7. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Now if only someone can make a virus checker for VPK since i hear there is unstable vpk that can damage systems. :ninja:

8. V0ltr0n

V0ltr0n GBAtemp Fan

Jan 5, 2016
    United States
    The bad vpks have been pretty much done away with for a good while. The malicious ones happened early on, got identified and it hasn't happened since afaik.

9. Zidapi

Zidapi GBAtemp Addict

Dec 1, 2002
    Both(?) Mai and VitaShell do malicious content checks before installing.

10. theheroGAC
    OP

theheroGAC Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2017
    Italy
    Last edited by theheroGAC, Jul 18, 2017 at 1:08 AM