[UPDATE] ACTIVATION IS BACK + PSP Bubble Installer for Adrenaline/ARK (No PS3!)

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Tom Bombadildo, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Tom Bombadildo
    OP

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Developer CelesteBlue has just released a new method to install a mini ePSP Bubble for use with Adrenaline and ARK in the GekiHEN homebrew contest!

The tool only requires an activated Vita and that's it, no more PS3 or PKG Installer required! Simply install the VPK, follow the instructions, and you'll have a 3.5MB PSP bubble than can be used to install Adrenaline and ARK! DO NOTE: AN ACTIVATED VITA IS STILL REQUIRED TO USE THIS TOOL. IF YOUR VITA IS UNACTIVATED, THIS WILL NOT WORK.

This is a great tool for those who missed out on installing a PSP game back before PSN spoofing worked, and means those without a PS3 (but still have an activated Vita) can install Adrenaline and ARK with this small demo! I've tested it myself, and it worked pretty great and cut 8MB off of my install size!

You can download the installer here: http://gekihen.customprotocol.com/en/project/ePSP-Bubble-Installer

Cheers CelesteBlue!

UPDATE: CelesteBlue has updated ePSP Bubble Installer...and has included device activation!! I haven't tested it myself (not having an unactivated device and all) but others have stated it does work great, which means Adrenaline/ARK is now install-able without requiring any extra devices!

You can download the latest update here, HOWEVER BE WARNED. The site gives me the "Dangerous Programs" warning on Chrome, so proceed with caution until a new link is updated. : http://www.logic-sunrise.com/forums/files/file/5139-epsp-bubble-installer/

Last edited by Tom Bombadildo, Feb 9, 2017

2. VinsCool

VinsCool Insecure

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    Oh nice! I missed the chance to get a PSP demo, so that will help a lot!

Bu2d85 and Pandaxclone2 like this.
  3. Dave_Chad

Dave_Chad GBAtemp Regular

Jun 29, 2016
    I'm still confused about in what way the Vita has to be activated. I've previously transferred a PSP game using my PS3 and IDU. So am i activated?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

4. Alex658

Alex658 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 4, 2010
    Venezuela
    Venezuela
    Nice. I don't have access to an updated PS3 and i don't want to touch idu mode in the slightiest. This looks like it would come in handy.

My vita should be activated since the previous owner had a psn on it.
    What should i do to get ark/adrenaline?

Download this .vpk and install it
    Open the new ePSP app
    ?????
    Somehow install ark/adrenaline.
    (I guess you can only install one of them at the time witj this, right?)

5. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Basically for adrenaline, just like it uses a base game for activation, change the title id you have for the active game to the one the vpk created, then adrenaline should work with that new installed app. :P

I dunno what ark is or how to use it but i assume is just as useful?

6. supermariorick

supermariorick GBAtemp Fan

Jun 18, 2010
    United States
    ok so how do I activate my vita if I am on 3.60 and spoofing is broken?

7. Columbo2811

Columbo2811 GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 19, 2015
    The same developer who made the bubble creator is apparently working on an activater too.

8. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    I like how in the readme it says "How do i activate?" instructions coming very soon. It probably should have already been done before this release. :P

But yeah, so i did it. Just like i said. Go to config.txt in the vitashell, look for the game you already had as adreanline and change the title id to *NPEZ00104 Then save and reload plugins. That should make adrenaline work with the new bubble thingy. :P

9. supermariorick

Jun 18, 2010
    United States
    I haven't installed adrenaline before because it asks me to activate vita which fails every time.

edit: nvm I replied to the wrong thing

Last edited by supermariorick, Feb 6, 2017
  10. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    My vita has always been active, since i been using it. If you have a ps3 i think copying a PSP/Vita game to it will activate it. But that all i know, the easy way, some more complex way i wouldn't know, never needed it. I been active since 2012 with vita and 2014 with PSTV. :P

The readme of the vita bubble thingy says instructions to activate vita will come soon, so perhaps you can wait until is made?

11. Thee_BaBs

Thee_BaBs GBAtemp Regular

Sep 19, 2015
    United States
    Isn't there already a vita activator homebrew? I remember reading about one on wololo a while ago.

12. Tom Bombadildo
    OP

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Just having a PSN linked doesn't mean it's fully activated. It has to have content downloaded from PSN from before PSN spoofing broke in order to be fully activated. To install Adrenaline, use this to install the base game, then grab the Easy Adrenaline Installer VPK from the tutorial section and follow the instructions there.

At the moment, you have to use a PS3 to transfer a Vita/PSP game/demo to your Vita to activate it.

That stopped working once PSN spoofing was broken by Sony. The only way to activate now is via a PS3.

emuashui and Sonic Angel Knight like this.
  13. supermariorick

Jun 18, 2010
    United States
    well damn. I don't have $300+ for a PS3. I better wait.

14. Tom Bombadildo
    OP

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    You could easily find a PS3 for like $50 pretty much everyone online. Apparently Gamestop sells used ones for like $40 in-stores.

Or even just borrow a friend's for like 5 minutes, that's all it takes to activate and it only needs to be done once unless you do a factory restore.

15. supermariorick

Jun 18, 2010
    United States
    I don't have any of those options. and the only instance of $40 is $39.99 refurbished and not every Gamestop has that. none of my friends have a PS3.

Last edited by supermariorick, Feb 6, 2017
  16. Pandaxclone2

Pandaxclone2 Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist

Aug 17, 2015
    noun; a particular place or position.
    A tutorial utilising this installer should be made or published soon. Also, does installing a PS1 Classic title from a PS3 on Vita 3.60 firmware after spoofing is broken count the PS Vita as activated?

Last edited by Pandaxclone2, Feb 6, 2017
  17. Skullator

Skullator Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2016
    New Zealand
    Very cool release! This is great news and saves alot of time and hassle for those wanting Adrenaline or ARK. Confirmed working on both my Vita and PSTV.
    I am also really excited to hear about the upcoming Activation tool release, that would be amazing and save people needing to use PS3's!
    I covered this tool in a video here:

Want to give a massive thanks to CelesteBlue for these efforts, great release!

ShinyGengar001 and Pandaxclone2 like this.
  18. rsc-pl

rsc-pl GBAtemp Regular

Jul 9, 2014
    Poland
    Yeah, I waited for this moment.

19. Tom Bombadildo
    OP

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Yes, pretty much any content should technically activate the Vita.

And I see no reason why a tutorial should be required, you literally just open and install and that's it.

20. Voxel

Voxel Clumsy Coder

GBAtemp Patron
    Voxel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    England, UK
    It's a damn shame the mini uses VitaShell's .rif file to enable the game to boot... I wanted to install ARK over that basegame so that when I want to boot up my Vita only to play some PSP ISOs for the time being, I don't have to install HENkaku beforehand or anything.
    So yeah, a bit of a let-down there...

I guess it's somewhat tempting, I suppose... I've been using my legit Ape Quest (232MB!) demo solely for the purpose I stated earlier, so it could turn out to be a convenient switch, space-wise. :P

Last edited by Voxel, Feb 6, 2017