Hacking [Release] Virtual Console Creator

Sephr0n

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Glad to hear it's working well. I wonder if there is another dependency that I'm unaware of. Is everyone getting this error? I've only seen 2 reports of it out of 49 downloads.

I'm getting that same error when trying to change out any of the images and when injecting an NDS rom. Tried running as Admin with no improvement either.

Here's the error text for choosing an image:

Code:
************** Exception Text **************
System.Exception: Cannot create ActiveX component.
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Interaction.CreateObject(String ProgId, String ServerName)
   at VCC.FormMain.PictureBoxIcon_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Here's the error when executing the injection (at the 'Creating icon'/'Using default icon' step):
Code:
  at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Interaction.CreateObject(String ProgId, String ServerName)
  at VCC.FormMain.TabControl1_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.TabControl.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.TabControl.WmSelChange()
  at System.Windows.Forms.TabControl.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Last edited by Sephr0n,

Duckling

Sorry for being dumb ;(
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
I want inject a .n64 rom to an n64 VC would the rom have to be less than or equal to the size of the virtual console or can it be bigger? If the ROM DOES indeed need to be smaller than the VC what's the largest VC for the n64?

-edit-

Yes I have already looked at the compatability thread..

If you're curious to know I want to test multiple SM64 ROM Hacks to be played on the Wii U as it's a life goal for me to get SM64 ROM Hacks played on Console....

Last edited by Duckling,
Reactions: CatmanFan

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I want inject a .n64 rom to an n64 VC would the rom have to be less than or equal to the size of the virtual console or can it be bigger? If the ROM DOES indeed need to be smaller than the VC what's the largest VC for the n64?

-edit-

Yes I have already looked at the compatability thread..

If you're curious to know I want to test multiple SM64 ROM Hacks to be played on the Wii U as it's a life goal for me to get SM64 ROM Hacks played on Console....
romhacks dont work, and n64 injects can be bigger than the base rom, but romhacks still dont work.

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
I'm getting that same error when trying to change out any of the images and when injecting an NDS rom. Tried running as Admin with no improvement either.

Here's the error text for choosing an image:

Code:
   at VCC.FormMain.PictureBoxIcon_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

Here's the error when executing the injection (at the 'Creating icon'/'Using default icon' step):
Code:
  at VCC.FormMain.TabControl1_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.TabControl.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.TabControl.WmSelChange()
  at System.Windows.Forms.TabControl.WndProc(Message& m)
I'm getting that same error as well.

LoganK93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll just ask this here, but does anyone know for sure why setting renderscale to 2 breaks the exit to menu for ds vc. It would really improve a number of games.

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
That..has proven to be very difficult, finding what offsets in the RPX that control it won't be easy.
At least for NES. We haven't figured out with N64 and GBA yet, but changing the brightness with DS games is very easy. Just look for "Brightness = 80" in configuration_cafe.json, change the value, and you're done :P

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At least for NES. We haven't figured out with N64 and GBA yet, but changing the brightness with DS games is very easy. Just look for "Brightness = 80" in configuration_cafe.json, change the value, and you're done :P

Well, okay, I've been gradually moving over exclusive to RetroArch Wii U to be honest :P

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
^Same here.
I already deleted everything RetroArch normal Wii actually, now it's all RetroArch U.
Still, NDS injection through Loadiine is a very good option if you ask me, I wouldn't hesitate to use it until we have a better solution in RetroArch for both DS and N64.

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
^Same here.
I already deleted everything RetroArch normal Wii actually, now it's all RetroArch U.
Still, NDS injection through Loadiine is a very good option if you ask me, I wouldn't hesitate to use it until we have a better solution in RetroArch for both DS and N64.
For me, I consider Virtual Console injections, especially if there is a way to launch them from the Wii U menu and make them look official as possible, that's what I prefer.

Also, I really want to stop the nagging with deleting/replacing files repeatedly asking me if I want to delete them or send them to the Recycle Bin.

Last edited by CatmanFan,

Uziumi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do I need to locate Mario Golf to inject Goemon's Great Adventure?
I tried another based game instead and I got that error trying to inject. Then when I tried to load it with loadiine it just black screened.

epicmartin7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question, has anyone had trouble injecting certain games with rednand on VC? I basically injected Super Mario All-Stars into Super Metroid using Virtual Console Creator.

I got the rom by dumping it from my Super Mario All-Stars anniversary disc on the Wii. Which then I combined the .pcm and .rom files together with snesrestore.py from this link right here.

I then converted my .smc file to .sfc with this website, injected it and get the Error Code: 160-2246.

Anyone else have this issue with VC SNES games generated from Virtual Console Creator or vcromclaim?

I will say that I did dump the base game correctly as I used wupclient instead of DDD which I heard caused some sufficient issues.

Jack Daniels

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Decided that I might as well release a beta version of my Virtual Console Creator program. Thanks to @lordelan for initial tests and feedback.

The main function of this is to easily create a VC game, via ROM injection/replacement, that is ready to drag-and-drop onto the SD card and play with Loadiine.

What works:
- NES (.nes) ROM injection
- SNES (.sfc) ROM injection
- N64 (.n64, .z64) ROM replacement
- NDS (.nds, .srl) ROM replacement
- Icons, backgrounds, and 3D covers created for Loadiine (get the 2D flat PNG from thecoverproject.net)
- Tool tips in the statusbar to give info and guide through the process

What doesn't work (but is planned... eventually):
- Configuration options (to change resolution of NES/SNES, default view of NDS, etc)
- Injecting NTSC ROMs into PAL, or vice versa
- SNES .smc files don't work, but should be easy enough to implement (just an additional header to remove?)
- GBA (.gba) ROM injection
- GB (.gb) ROM injection into GBA via Goomba Color
- SMS (.sms) ROM injection into GBA via PocketSMS
- TGX/PCE (.pce) ROM injection/replacement

What needs testing:
- PAL and JAP ROM replacement probably doesn't work
- Try to replicate tests from the compatibility wikis. Report if the wiki says it works and it doesn't with VCC!
- Try games not on the compatibility wiki! If you get a black screen, don't assume the game isn't compatible.. it might be my fault. If it fails, please report what ROM and base you used, and what region they both are.
- Other bugs?

Use for reference:
VC SNES Injection Compatibility Wiki
VC N64 Injection Compatibility Wiki
VC NDS Injection Compatibility Wiki

Requirements:
- Windows or a way to run exe's
- .NET Framework 4.5.2
- Your own ROMs and official base games named with [ID6]
- Move the [ID6].png from the created game folder to SD:\wiiu\apps\loadiine_gx2\covers3d\

Optional (place in the Resources folder created at start up):
- Icons with a resolution in a multiple of 128x128. (256x256, 512x512, etc)
- Background images (1280x270)
- Cover images for 3D covers (download from thecoverproject.net)

Release Info:
v0.4.1 - Fixes bug if changing Base Games folder

Downloads:
VCC v0.4.1 by fiveighteen (extract to it's own folder)
wiiurpxtool v1.1 by 0CBH0 (extract into VCC folder)

Photos:
View attachment 66914 View attachment 66911 View attachment 66912 View attachment 66913

yes it should, see: http://www.textfiles.com/games/CONSOLES/swc.txt there are the specs of differences between sfc (non headered roms) and smc/swc (SuperMagiCom or SuperWildCard headered roms).

thehatergator

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Decided that I might as well release a beta version of my Virtual Console Creator program. Thanks to @lordelan for initial tests and feedback.

The main function of this is to easily create a VC game, via ROM injection/replacement, that is ready to drag-and-drop onto the SD card and play with Loadiine.

What works:
- NES (.nes) ROM injection
- SNES (.sfc) ROM injection
- N64 (.n64, .z64) ROM replacement
- NDS (.nds, .srl) ROM replacement
- Icons, backgrounds, and 3D covers created for Loadiine (get the 2D flat PNG from thecoverproject.net)
- Tool tips in the statusbar to give info and guide through the process

What doesn't work (but is planned... eventually):
- Configuration options (to change resolution of NES/SNES, default view of NDS, etc)
- Injecting NTSC ROMs into PAL, or vice versa
- SNES .smc files don't work, but should be easy enough to implement (just an additional header to remove?)
- GBA (.gba) ROM injection
- GB (.gb) ROM injection into GBA via Goomba Color
- SMS (.sms) ROM injection into GBA via PocketSMS
- TGX/PCE (.pce) ROM injection/replacement

What needs testing:
- PAL and JAP ROM replacement probably doesn't work
- Try to replicate tests from the compatibility wikis. Report if the wiki says it works and it doesn't with VCC!
- Try games not on the compatibility wiki! If you get a black screen, don't assume the game isn't compatible.. it might be my fault. If it fails, please report what ROM and base you used, and what region they both are.
- Other bugs?

Use for reference:
VC SNES Injection Compatibility Wiki
VC N64 Injection Compatibility Wiki
VC NDS Injection Compatibility Wiki

Requirements:
- Windows or a way to run exe's
- .NET Framework 4.5.2
- Your own ROMs and official base games named with [ID6]
- Move the [ID6].png from the created game folder to SD:\wiiu\apps\loadiine_gx2\covers3d\

Optional (place in the Resources folder created at start up):
- Icons with a resolution in a multiple of 128x128. (256x256, 512x512, etc)
- Background images (1280x270)
- Cover images for 3D covers (download from thecoverproject.net)

Release Info:
v0.4.1 - Fixes bug if changing Base Games folder

Downloads:
VCC v0.4.1 by fiveighteen (extract to it's own folder)
wiiurpxtool v1.1 by 0CBH0 (extract into VCC folder)

Photos:
View attachment 66914 View attachment 66911 View attachment 66912 View attachment 66913
can i inject a ds pokemon hacked rom to a regular pokemon rom?

DanTheMan827

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just curious... is it not possible to inject Wii games into the Wii VC or is it just that no one has tried?

I'm not talking about VC on vWii but rather the Wii games that are downloadable from the Wii U eShop

it's not like there aren't base games to work with...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs