Hacking RELEASE: v4.2 Safe Firmware Updater

tomazzzi

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Could anyone help me.
Im on 4.1E. I have CIOS rev 15.
This app gives me an error something along the lines of..

Install returned -1
Installation complete!
Something failed. Sorry.

There was an error
Continue with other installations? (It is not recommended).

Any help?
Thanks a whole bunch!

Do you have cioscorp installed ?

I had this error with cioscorp installed, i had to uninstall cioscorp with cioscorp 5 uninstaller then safe updater ran fine.

Maybe this can help.

Porkman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok...will this remove patches(Trucha) on my IOS 15 and 36 upon using this updater? I'm well aware it will switch me to the new system menu (IOS70) meaning I will have to repatch my menu, But will it change my current IOS15 and IOS36, which are being used for certain things right now?(WADS/SD Menu Reading off of IOS60)

I'm on 4.1U wii.
IOS15(Trucha)
IOS36(Trucha)
Cios 249 Rev 14
IOS60(Trucha)

If it does change those IOS', what do I use to repatch em?
Truchabug Restore or DOP-IOS Mod? Will any of this remove custom WADS?

Sorry for all the questions, I just want to be 100% safe, Help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

DarthYoshi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nightwaxon said:
erolz said:
somehow I can not get this working
frown.gif

Got a 4.0E Wii with CiosRev14 and Hermes222.

IOS70 v6687 OK
IOS9 v778 OK
IOS12 v269 OK
IOS13 v273 OK
IOS14 v520 OK
IOS15 v523 OK
IOS17 v775 OK
IOS21 v782 OK
IOS22 v1037 OK

But then:
Request shop.....
and the installer reboots to the HBC..
After this I am still on 4.0E
mad.gif

What am I doing wrong?

Nothing. The shop is now at v18 and this app tries to get v17. Use the shop installer by tona to get v18 of the shop. Not sure how you'd go about updating the system menu to 4.2 after this though.
Can someone clear this up for me? Does this install v17 or v18? And how would you then go about updating the system menu to 4.2? Or does it do v18 and this is going to work, so I wouldn't have to do anything else?

yunior597

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello i have, 4.1 with cioscorp 3.5 that means if i update with this i need to install cioscorp again? other thing that i want to move vc/wiiware to sd it is possible with the cioscorp's cios70?

KingofRetards

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I am just double checking (noob here), but I have a 3.2U softmodded wii with the homebrew channel. I don't have any cIOS's or anything like that. Is there anything else that I am going to need before doing this update? Do I need to install any of those cIOS? If so, what ones.

xergal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone put up a mirror of the download please for the v4.2 Safe F/W Updater please? The one in the OPs post is driving me insane, it asks you to complete a survey. After being sat for 10mins doing it, it still won't allow me to download:(

wiistarter

Trophies
XP
Country
xergal said:
Can someone put up a mirror of the download please for the v4.2 Safe F/W Updater please? The one in the OPs post is driving me insane, it asks you to complete a survey. After being sat for 10mins doing it, it still won't allow me to download:(

You dont have to do a survey... Just click megaupload or something and you can download

typo99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nightwaxon said:
erolz said:
somehow I can not get this working
frown.gif

Got a 4.0E Wii with CiosRev14 and Hermes222.

IOS70 v6687 OK
IOS9 v778 OK
IOS12 v269 OK
IOS13 v273 OK
IOS14 v520 OK
IOS15 v523 OK
IOS17 v775 OK
IOS21 v782 OK
IOS22 v1037 OK

But then:
Request shop.....
and the installer reboots to the HBC..
After this I am still on 4.0E
mad.gif

What am I doing wrong?

Nothing. The shop is now at v18 and this app tries to get v17. Use the shop installer by tona to get v18 of the shop. Not sure how you'd go about updating the system menu to 4.2 after this though.

Shouldn't the author be able to update this program to fetch the v18?

*edit* see the line in the source for the shop. It's in installer.c

printf("\nAttempting to install Wii Shop v17\n");
ret = patchmii_install(0x10002, 0x48414241, 0, 0x10002, 0x48414241, 0, 0);

don't know how to alter it though and can't compile so we'll need someone else to do this. *help*

**edit 2** just used xzxero's guide and it works perfectly. so if this won't work, just use the guide

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901

Ozzy1980

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After I updated with this I was not able to use Homebrew and had to reinstall it... what a pain... also lost the ability to use the Rockband 2 DLC all song purchaed hack... anyone know how to fix this?

zektor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
typo99 said:
Shouldn't the author be able to update this program to fetch the v18?

I replied to your PM. I pretty much have ceased working on Wii projects for the time being/foreseeable future. I have too much going on at the present. The source is available and it can be updated to include v18 of the shop channel and re-compiled with the latest devkitpro if anyone wishes. Although, people never seemed to heed my warning regarding the fact that the v18 shop channel update screws up SDHC reading from within the Wii menu in *many* circumstances....and this is the very reason I did not update to include it. As a matter of fact, it would be best to simply remove the shop channel from the installer and compile if someone should take on the task.

woffle99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry to hear that Zektor - appreciate your work.

Would be good if someone could remove the shop channel and recompile. I've held off going to 4.2 as I can't see the need right now, but I was going to use this guide when I needed to as it looked the easiest and messed with as little as possible. The offline guide mentioned above and stickied on the forums looks less clear to me as to what exactly it is doing.

edit: I mean xzxero's offline guide - not Zektor's one. I think at this rate I am going to have to follow Zektor's offline guide but install the shop channel v18 (don't use an SDHC card at the moment so it's not a problem) instead of the v17 that this online guide tries and fails to get.

erolz

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
woffle99 said:
Sorry to hear that Zektor - appreciate your work.

Would be good if someone could remove the shop channel and recompile. I've held off going to 4.2 as I can't see the need right now, but I was going to use this guide when I needed to as it looked the easiest and messed with as little as possible. The offline guide mentioned above and stickied on the forums looks less clear to me as to what exactly it is doing.

that would be great.
can someone please remove the shop channel installer from the v4.2 Safe Firmware Updater?

woffle99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
onneeye said:
Thanks, works great on my wii. Updated with out any problems.

Really? Did you do this recently? I was under the impression that the updater no longer worked as it trys to install the old version of the shop channel and then hangs and doesn't complete - am I wrong in thinking that?

nico445

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
well i updated from my hacked 4.1 install and now i can't load pirated vc/wiiware games from my sd anymore
frown.gif
it says a error occured. anybody knows how to fix it?
nvm fixed it. installed a modified ios 70 with dop-ios

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...