ROM Hack [Release/USUM] Pokémon Star - A Fully-featured Pokémon Sun and Moon Sequel Mod

Ishtiaq1234

What exactly should i write here?
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
will a 3ds Version of These hack come? i like it. its cool. but i want it to Play in myholidays
highly doubt it being available on 3ds because of how the 3ds is unable to load the edited garc files in the hack coz its not “strong” enough

just download citra and play on that

UltraLuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super Saiyan Veggie on Route 4 doesn't have edited dialogue.

Attachments

• veggie.png
    veggie.png
    23.6 KB · Views: 148
Reactions: rusyaas

ZenPokeFan

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Spain
Wow that work is amazing!

Hey, we're working in a usum hack too but we're blocked. How did you do to change the textures of the npc and overworlds? We tried but its just impossible for us. The game crushes every time, we're testing on citra. We replace the .bin's but still crushing.

Some help please? Thanks!! <3

Last edited by ZenPokeFan,

trainboy2019

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hey, we're working in a usum hack too but we're blocked. How did you do to change the textures of the npc and overworlds? We tried but its just impossible for us. The game crushes every time in citra. We replace the .bin's but still crushing.

It won't work on 3ds, the only option at this time is to run it via citra

EDIT: oh wait, it crashes in citra?

rusyaas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia

Hey, we're working in a usum hack too but we're blocked. How did you do to change the textures of the npc and overworlds? We tried but its just impossible for us. The game crushes every time, we're testing on citra. We replace the .bin's but still crushing.

Edit: Im not sure changing the textures will cause crash so here's another reason that might cause crashes

There's a few possibilities for this that I encountered while making the mods

1-You changed the name of the location .bin file during unpacking/repacking/decompress ing/recompressing

2-You changed the 0.bin file that contains the overworld model id.

glYsARo.jpg

3.You didnt rename the changed models into the normal extension name

Might even be something else that I dont know

Last edited by rusyaas,

zero312

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is assuming you have a rom ultra moon btw and if im missing anything out just tell me so i could edit it.. or tell the person thats asking...

1. dump YOUR personal copy of Ultra Moon.
2. using the hackingtoolkit, extract the romfs (or use a regular old romfs extractor :)
3. inside the romfs folder should be the "a" folder place that somewhere safe to back it up so you don't need to dump your game again.
4. copy all of the contents in the stars folder into the correct folder so all the files in the stars a/0 folder go into the a/0 folder of the "a" folder that came from your game file.
5. accept any notices that say "File XXXX will be overwritten" or something similar
6. Once done use the hackingtoolkit to build your .3ds file
7. once the process is done launch the game on citra since its a new game you should see Wicke appear instead of Kukui.
8. And lastly..... rate my tutorial out of 10 :)

alternative method. -> the rom on the iso site may be outdated <-

1. google "that iso site"
2. make an account on that iso site
3. search for pokemon stars rom on that iso site.
4.go on the thread by raltsbreeder (i think thats his name..)
5. Download the rom from the link
6. wait a good 20+ minutes while it downloads --> take a dump or sumting idk...
7. Launch the rom on citra
8. ?????
9. Profit
10. Give yourself a pat on the back for downloading a rom :)
11. Wonder why im stretching this tutorial coz idk myself

if im violating the terms of services or anything wid this tutorial let me know :) i dont think i am... am i?

on a completely unrelated note... yay running animations cheers for the tutorial @rusyaas :)
too many smiley faces in one post...
Thanks for the instruction the only problem is that i can't extract the rom every time i try i get the same message:not a valid romsf binary any idea how to fix this thanks (ps i am not very smart with this so if its very simple my apologies
)

Reactions: Tower

Xamork

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi, i'm Zen's partner, and we are turning crazy... It's just impossible to change a texture that works. I change the textures of overworld's mum and kukui, of every folder in 0.8.3 and in 2.0.0. (There are overworlds of the main characters in both directories). After changing the textures properly with "BCH Texture Replacer", i Repack all and rebuild the rom. Then i play the game with citra, and dont crash, but textures are the originals, not customs. I don't know why :( Help pls!

rusyaas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi, i'm Zen's partner, and we are turning crazy... It's just impossible to change a texture that works. I change the textures of overworld's mum and kukui, of every folder in 0.8.3 and in 2.0.0. (There are overworlds of the main characters in both directories). After changing the textures properly with "BCH Texture Replacer", i Repack all and rebuild the rom. Then i play the game with citra, and dont crash, but textures are the originals, not customs. I don't know why :( Help pls!
2.0.0 does not change overworld trainer models. Only certain stuff like Ride Pager and Ultra Warp Ride uses this garc.

For 0.8.3, can you try to focus on one folder, say hauoli pokemon center? Try changing the models inside.

Youre editing Ultra Moon right? For Ultra Sun, overworld is in 0.8.2

Xamork

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
2.0.0 does not change overworld trainer models. Only certain stuff like Ride Pager and Ultra Warp Ride uses this garc.

For 0.8.3, can you try to focus on one folder, say hauoli pokemon center? Try changing the models inside.

Youre editing Ultra Moon right? For Ultra Sun, overworld is in 0.8.2
I am in UltraMoon. If the folders of 0.8.3 are in chronological order, the folder 0003 is the house and next is the first route, no? I change kukui and mom and nothing changes :(

rusyaas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I am in UltraMoon. If the folders of 0.8.3 are in chronological order, the folder 0003 is the house and next is the first route, no? I change kukui and mom and nothing changes :(
No theyre not chronological. I dont have the list of places with me right now sorry. Maybe later.

Tho they share the same order with wild encounter table. You can open them with pk3ds and see the order of locations in 0.8.3

Edit: 0003 might be for route 1 or iki town. And there's like, 2 or 3 versions of them, each for the prologue of the game, festiv and normal situation. So there's that.

Last edited by rusyaas,

Xamork

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
No theyre not chronological. I dont have the list of places with me right now sorry. Maybe later.

Tho they share the same order with wild encounter table. You can open them with pk3ds and see the order of locations in 0.8.3

Edit: 0003 might be for route 1 or iki town. And there's like, 2 or 3 versions of them, each for the prologue of the game, festiv and normal situation. So there's that.
Wow... So.. If you please could tell me How can i change Kukui and Mom?? Just for the begginning of the game will be enough. Take the time you need, I just wanna change this two... We are preparing a Youtube serie and we need it... I saw you swap the mother with Joy in the begginning, i just wanna change textures of mom and i just can't do that!

Last edited by Xamork,

rusyaas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Wow... So.. If you please could tell me How can i change Kukui and Mom?? Just for the begginning of the game will be enough. Take the time you need, I just wanna change this two... We are preparing a Youtube serie and we need it... I saw you swap the mother with Joy in the begginning, i just wanna change textures of mom and i just can't do that!
I dont have the 0.8.3 location list in my phone. Am outside. May be home in 6+ hours.

Abninetric

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Maybe someone here can help me (it is eerie quiet on the decrypt forum) I have all the folders and files, put the folder in it like it said (I overwritten it with the decrypt ExtractedRomFS) and after rebuilding it I got an very low bit file which citra fails to load

supersora9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I am currently spending over 2 hours trying to bring the rom to the newest version and I just cant understand it. Just as told I extract the files, but I only get bin files, which I can do nothing with. I dont get any folders or stuff like that where I can replace the files.

rusyaas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
No problem, thank you very much, if you could help me I will be eternally grateful!!
Sorry it took me longer than expected to get home. Here's all the location list of a083 garc for Pokemon Ultra Moon https://pastebin.com/ts9QxPRZ
I dont know all of them. But all the major locations should be in there.

I am currently spending over 2 hours trying to bring the rom to the newest version and I just cant understand it. Just as told I extract the files, but I only get bin files, which I can do nothing with. I dont get any folders or stuff like that where I can replace the files.
Maybe someone here can help me (it is eerie quiet on the decrypt forum) I have all the folders and files, put the folder in it like it said (I overwritten it with the decrypt ExtractedRomFS) and after rebuilding it I got an very low bit file which citra fails to load
Make sure to use HackingToolkit3DS. And copy paste the correct stuff. If that still doesnt work somehow, you can always get the latest rom on that certain iso site. Sorry and thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...