[Release/USUM] Pokémon Star - A Fully-featured Pokémon Sun and Moon Sequel Mod

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by rusyaas, Jan 26, 2018.

1. rusyaas
    OP

rusyaas Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2016
    Malaysia
    Well you need to work with the battle and walk/run animations file in a094. They're the fifth and seventh file for each pokemon. Refer to this a094 pokemon list thread by @Rosieplier .
    What you need to do is decompress those files first, then unpack them, then get the walking animation from the seventh bin and copy paste them into battle animation folder. Rename them properly, of course.

[​IMG]

In most versions you can find them by interacting with the shadow at dividing peak tunnel. Later at memorial hill and abandoned mart.
    In v0.2 you can find them much earlier at hauoli cemetery.

Im not sure old Citra builds have the same save locations but for most Citra builds, the save file location should be something like this

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Citra\sdmc\Nintendo 3DS\00000000000000000000000000000000\00000000000000000000000000000000\title\00040000\001b5100\data\00000001

Yea I think I gave some Pokemon to have a held item

May I know if you caught that Poipole in an old version? I think the new moveset changes only apply if you catch a Poipole in the new patch. Sorry.

Last edited by rusyaas, Feb 11, 2018
    Ishtiaq1234 and regularweeb like this.
  2. bailie1912

bailie1912 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 26, 2015
    If I was too randomise a/0/8/3 just for encounters and apply it for the 3ds would this still cause a crash?

3. TroyJames

TroyJames Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2018
    Austria
    I can't seem to update my game to v.2 does anyone have an already patched version they could link to me ? also can you mega evolve in this game ?

4. Ishtiaq1234

Ishtiaq1234 What exactly should i write here?

Apr 22, 2016
    United Kingdom
    Somewhere with trees and buildings
    i dont think its the edited encounters that crash it. its more to do with the overworld so as long as overworld edits are there (which is basically the whole mod apart from the text edits) it will crash on ds unless some randomly strolling person fixes it but what are the chances of that... just play on citra

Last edited by Ishtiaq1234, Feb 11, 2018
  5. zero312

zero312 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2018
    United States
    hey is the any idea to make a tutorial how to patch the game because i'am stuck with it for a little while now....

6. regularweeb

regularweeb Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2018
    United States
    since this game is weeby why not make a ddlc pokemon XD

7. 98otiss

98otiss Your local garbage

Aug 22, 2015
    Canada
    no
    lmao
    monika and yuri pls

Ishtiaq1234 and regularweeb like this.
  8. Ishtiaq1234

Ishtiaq1234 What exactly should i write here?

Apr 22, 2016
    United Kingdom
    Somewhere with trees and buildings
    this is assuming you have a rom ultra moon btw and if im missing anything out just tell me so i could edit it.. or tell the person thats asking...

1. dump YOUR personal copy of Ultra Moon.
    2. using the hackingtoolkit, extract the romfs (or use a regular old romfs extractor :)
    3. inside the romfs folder should be the "a" folder place that somewhere safe to back it up so you don't need to dump your game again.
    4. copy all of the contents in the stars folder into the correct folder so all the files in the stars a/0 folder go into the a/0 folder of the "a" folder that came from your game file.
    5. accept any notices that say "File XXXX will be overwritten" or something similar
    6. Once done use the hackingtoolkit to build your .3ds file
    7. once the process is done launch the game on citra since its a new game you should see Wicke appear instead of Kukui.
    8. And lastly..... rate my tutorial out of 10 :)

alternative method. -> the rom on the iso site may be outdated <-

1. google "that iso site"
    2. make an account on that iso site
    3. search for pokemon stars rom on that iso site.
    4.go on the thread by raltsbreeder (i think thats his name..)
    5. Download the rom from the link
    6. wait a good 20+ minutes while it downloads --> take a dump or sumting idk...
    7. Launch the rom on citra
    8. ?????
    9. Profit
    10. Give yourself a pat on the back for downloading a rom :)
    11. Wonder why im stretching this tutorial coz idk myself

if im violating the terms of services or anything wid this tutorial let me know :) i dont think i am... am i?

on a completely unrelated note... yay running animations cheers for the tutorial @rusyaas :)
    too many smiley faces in one post...

Last edited by Ishtiaq1234, Feb 11, 2018
  9. Rosieplier

Rosieplier GBAtemp Regular

Mar 18, 2017
    Australia
    why
    It kinda makes me wonder, why would they bother creating Walk/Run animations? I understand that there's certain Pokemon that appear in PokeFinder/Overworld, but doing it for everyone kinda seems absurd. Even Wailord has one!

10. trainboy2019

trainboy2019 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    trainboy2019 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 6, 2015
    Antarctica
    Ylisse
    They may have planned to have pokemon follow you at one point, hence why there are also low-poly versions of every pokemon.

11. dwist

dwist Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2018
    Morocco
    hello,im now stuck in the trial of the surf ride thing in fact the trial master did not gave me the uber ride thing i check every time i only got the tauros nd the other one,i dont own the lapras one,i thought its a bug nd i wanted to download the recent version of the game (0.2) i did dat nd i didnt really know what to do to patch the game,i saw dat there is so many save files i wanted to pick one of these nd pass that trial but i didnt really knew how to do dat so if u can help me il appreciate that so much ! (m playing stars and not ultra moon)

12. OctolingRift

OctolingRift GBAtemp Regular

Dec 30, 2017
    United States
    Well this sucks

PC broke so I have to put my playthrough on hold for a bit

13. Rosieplier

Rosieplier GBAtemp Regular

Mar 18, 2017
    Australia
    why
    I did consider that a reason. But why carry them onto Ultra, when they were in the original? Why not just delete the run/walk animations altogether? (And make a job harder, thanks for tHE I CHOOSE YOU PIKACHU GF! >:T)

14. n1dminhd

n1dminhd Member

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2015
    Please !
    kadabra evolution to alakazam level up, not trade
    Thanks !

15. trainboy2019

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Oct 6, 2015
    Antarctica
    Ylisse
    You do realize that they kept all kinds of models from SM in USUM, even
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    model. They even have many duplicate models.

16. DanTheRocketeer

DanTheRocketeer Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I don't know if it just my version of Citra (It is the latest version) but I can't find this location. Can anyone help?

17. SSAZU-X

SSAZU-X Member

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Aberdare, Whales
    This looks amazing, will try this out when I get home.

Tower likes this.
  18. longxa762

longxa762 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 20, 2013
    Australia
    So currently it's impossible to play this on 3ds?

19. trainboy2019

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Oct 6, 2015
    Antarctica
    Ylisse
    It's possible, you just won't have things like different pokemon encounters and overworld changes.

20. Ratulhasan14789

Ratulhasan14789 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 10, 2018
    Bangladesh
    In a dark cave without flash light
    I don't like the Uber Rides. They look ugly. Please change 'em to normal pokemons. &&& I can't Patch the game:wacko::unsure::hateit:. Please find a better way to give update.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice