ROM Hack [Release] Ultimate GBA VC Injector for 3DS

Add the feature to patch already existing GBA CIAs to modify ghosting and color options?

• Yes

Votes: 73 82.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don't care!

Votes: 14 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
I prefer the current setting, but he could add an "more official" check box there that generates them like that, I'm sure.
I'm sure some people would appreciate that, personally i don't keep any official GBA VC because they have horrible filtering so it's not something that'd bother me about it. If I was making Custom VC that appear alongside official ones I might mind more, but I'm not about to regenerate 109 GBA games CIAs over a small 2 or 3 pixel difference.
For me, it feels the same just so I can't regenerate nine SNES CIAs of mine over a small mistake with the 3D banner, knowing that I'd have to recreate all my save data.

EDIT: Lucky for me I now have JK's Save Manager, so hopefully I can restore all my saves.

Last edited by CatmanFan,

TastyyNico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is there an option for external Real-Time-Saving or something like this?

Cause, when I try to save my Pokemon-Rom-Hacks (Based on FireRed),
I always get this error here:
/

And since I can't use VBA on the 3DS, I couldn't find a fix for that :(

I appreciate everyone who tries to help me :)

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
This occurs after using the feature involving editing existing CIAs. When I go to resave the new CIA, this happens near the end:

upload_2016-8-28_19-59-46.png

It appears to occur after the CIA is saved so it doesn't seem to be breaking anything....

kane159

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Reactions: TastyyNico

Asdolo

the Hedgehog
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
This occurs after using the feature involving editing existing CIAs. When I go to resave the new CIA, this happens near the end:

View attachment 60509

It appears to occur after the CIA is saved so it doesn't seem to be breaking anything....
Oh, my bad. It tries to re-load "the original .gba rom (without patches)", but there's no one...

Reactions: Apache Thunder

discodance77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Asdolo

the Hedgehog
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
Do I need to update my o3ds AGB_FIRM, like in this topic (https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-agb_firm-signature-patcher-gba-rom-converter.390313/)?

Or can I just prepare the Cias on my computer, move onto my sd card and install? Thanks. Also, I can get rid of yhe ambassador titles and make my own cias of them to get rid of the colour washing and ghosting effects, correct?

Do you have a9lh with the last luma?

About ambassador titles: yes, but you'll lost the saves!

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

discodance77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do you have a9lh with the last luma?

About ambassador titles: yes, but you'll lost the saves!

Embarrassingly, I don't actually know what kind of hack my 3ds runs. It's 10.7, was hacked with a physical copy of freakyforms deluxe, and has Luma 3ds and Homebrew Launcher, along with other homebrew apps of mine. Can someone determine if this is a9lh or something else?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Embarrassingly, I don't actually know what kind of hack my 3ds runs. It's 10.7, was hacked with a physical copy of freakyforms deluxe, and has Luma 3ds and Homebrew Launcher, along with other homebrew apps of mine. Can someone determine if this is a9lh or something else?
Can you boot your system without the sd card inserted? If you can is not hacked. So if you need help, ask noob paradise, for info. :)

Asdolo

the Hedgehog
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina

The important question is if you're using emunand or sysnand, and if you have the latest luma version, which autopatch the AGB_FIRM and you don't need to do anything. The emunand question is because if you're on emunand, then you'll need to install the CIA in both emunand and sysnand.

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The important question is if you're using emunand or sysnand, and if you have the latest luma version, which autopatch the AGB_FIRM and you don't need to do anything. The emunand question is because if you're on emunand, then you'll need to install the CIA in both emunand and sysnand.
Since i never got a answer for the reason why that is necessary, why must GBA and DSIWARE be on both nand in order to use it? It really doesn't concern me since i don't use emunand but i still find it curious to know why. :unsure:

discodance77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh, my 3ds requires the sd card in it to boot, and I can update Luma. So that means Luma patches AGB_FIRM automatically? Thanks
How can I tell if I run emunand or sysnand? Whenever I installed cias before, I'd use fbi to install it once

Last edited by discodance77,

Asdolo

the Hedgehog
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
Since i never got a answer for the reason why that is necessary, why must GBA and DSIWARE be on both nand in order to use it? It really doesn't concern me since i don't use emunand but i still find it curious to know why. :unsure:

I don't know. All I know is the emunand ones acts like forwarders, and they really launches the sysnand ones. So you can just install them in sysnand and play there, but all the people just want to use emunand.

Oh, my 3ds requires the sd card in it to boot, and I can update Luma. So that means Luma patches AGB_FIRM automatically? Thanks

The non-SD boot doesn't really determines if you're running a9lh. That's just a new version/improvement I think, due to I'm running a9lh and I still need the SD card (I have the old a9lh configuration).

The best you can do is try to install the CIAS you get with my injector and see if they works, you won't lose anything.

Last edited by Asdolo,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also if you sure you have luma, make sure the correct patches are applied in the luma configuration before updating your system to 11.0.0-33, Not sure why you still on 10.7 :unsure:

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
You put it on the sd card and install it with fbi installer using the sd file browser in the app.:mellow:
You can also transfer the CIA file through wireless connection using SocketPunch on a computer and FBI on a 3DS (that's what I use). Installed software (including installed CIAs) is stored on the SD card, or in the case of DSiWare, the System Memory.

discodance77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This works great! I wanted to report that Pitfall Harry-The Lost Expedition warns the player that eeprom is missing, or something like that, at startup and whenever you save the game. However, saving works just fine. I did not mess around with the SRAM option when converting.
Also, for Yugioh World Championship 2006, the gameboy/Nintendo logo appears on the screen just fine, but the game is stuck on a white screen.

vinest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made the Pokémon Emerald ROM hack, Pokémon Glazed, into a .cia using this and got it working with just one caveat: the game doesn't recognize its own save data, claiming it to be corrupted. Has anyone else gotten any similar problem with a Pokémon game or romhack, and if so, what can I do to fix this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one