Homebrew [RELEASE] TWLTool - DSi downgrading, save injection, etc multitool

Razor83

Trophies
XP
Country
If you have a 1.4.5 DSi with the updated Sudoku installed plus both the ConsoleID and CID, is it possible to transfer Sudoku to an SD card using Data Management, then copy the bin to a PC, decrypt it, downgrade to the original Sudoku version, add the hacked save, re-encrypt the bin, then finally copy it back to the DSi? @WulfyStylez @caitsith2?

Also, since some DSi systems came with Flipnote Studio and the Internet Browser pre-installed, is it possible these have 'legit' tickets that could allow them to be installed on multiple DSi systems?

Last edited by Razor83,

ThisIsDaAccount

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I have successfully decrypted the Nand of two DSis and I'm trying to transfer the recordings on DSi Sound from one DSi to another, but I can't find where they're located. According to DSiBrew, the ID for DSi Sound is 484e4b45, so I tried to transfer the .sav file from the source to the target, but absolutely nothing changed. Does anyone know where the recordings are located?

siamese

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It's 2017.
oh-really.jpg

good for you TROLL, not just SARCASTIC, you also seem somewhat intelligent !!!! :grog:

Reactions: ThisIsDaAccount

JimmyZ

Sarcastic Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
good for you TROLL, not just SARCASTIC, you also seem somewhat intelligent !!!! :grog:

It is open source, and it's portable, it doesn't have any dependency, it's just as simple as typing "make" on Linux or Mac or Windows(MinGW), yet you still try to run it via qemu and begging for a "32 bit version", yeah you're right it seems I'm the more intelligent one in the two of us.

And it's 2017 you're still using 32 bit Windows, that's ridiculous. (if that's not clear enough in my previous post)

Last edited by JimmyZ,

nocash123

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Last edited by nocash123,
Reactions: I pwned U!

realWinterMute

Trophies
XP
Country
twltool v1.1 32bit version: http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-...ion-etc-multitool.393488/page-13#post-5615829 wished it wouldn't be 2017, too (and it worked somewhat, just not on win98).
bigger download is here http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-...ion-etc-multitool.393488/page-12#post-5614792 don't remember if the extra files are needed for something.

Or you could always try these ones https://github.com/WinterMute/twltool/releases/tag/v1.7. The 32bit binary might work on win98, Im not sure offhand.
I've also been using ImDisk Toolkit for working with disk images. It's also quite handy for making sd images for use with no$gba, the increasingly inaccurately named Nintendo handheld emulator.

This version checks for and uses the nocash info footer if it exists, see https://github.com/WinterMute/twltool/commit/c0779f674b70839640e265deff1aea5bcb7b6db2

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And it's 2017 you're still using 32 bit Windows, that's ridiculous. (if that's not clear enough in my previous post)

Some people don't have any option so if you're not going to provide people with 64bit hardware and a license for a 64bit edition of Windows I'm not sure this kind of comment is at all helpful.

Last edited by realWinterMute,

JimmyZ

Sarcastic Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
twltool v1.1 32bit version: http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-...ion-etc-multitool.393488/page-13#post-5615829 wished it wouldn't be 2017, too (and it worked somewhat, just not on win98).
bigger download is here http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-...ion-etc-multitool.393488/page-12#post-5614792 don't remember if the extra files are needed for something.
The code itself is quite portable, just need mingw(the old one not -w64) or visual studio old enough(2003?) to compile for 98 I believe.
Some people don't have any option so if you're not going to provide people with 64bit hardware and a license for a 64bit edition of Windows I'm not sure this kind of comment is at all helpful.
x86-64(should I capitalize that x?) was introduced 18 years ago, I think that situation falls under the term "ridiculous" well enough, and I'm not obliged to be helpful to everyone.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I've also been using ImDisk Toolkit for working with disk images. It's also quite handy for making sd images for use with no$gba, the increasingly inaccurately named Nintendo handheld emulator.

Mounting a NAND image on Windows or Mac makes me nervous, they like to take piss here and there like "System Volume Information" or "thumbs.db" or ".DS_Store".

realWinterMute

Trophies
XP
Country
x86-64(should I capitalize that x?) was introduced 18 years ago, I think that situation falls under the term "ridiculous" well enough, and I'm not obliged to be helpful to everyone.

I was attempting to be somewhat diplomatic.

I speak to toolchain users on a fairly regular basis who have no access to 64bit hardware for various reasons. There is still horrific poverty around (and we're not talking 3rd world countries here either) and I see no reason to belittle people for attempting to improve their knowledge with what they have access to.

JimmyZ

Sarcastic Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I was attempting to be somewhat diplomatic.

I speak to toolchain users on a fairly regular basis who have no access to 64bit hardware for various reasons. There is still horrific poverty around (and we're not talking 3rd world countries here either) and I see no reason to belittle people for attempting to improve their knowledge with what they have access to.
I admit I've been aggressive, but don't we all do ridiculous things? like writing code for EoL consoles?

siamese

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
And it's 2017 you're still using 32 bit Windows, that's ridiculous

Ridiculous would be to allow something so trivial to stop what I want to do and boy, I DID downgrade my DSi !
By the way some folks still use windows 98 so according to you that would be...... outrageous???? :wtf:

Or you could always try these ones https://github.com/WinterMute/twltool/releases/tag/v1.7. The 32bit binary might work on win98, Im not sure offhand.

WOW! Posts like this remind me why I came to GBATEMP back in 2010, there are always expert people willing to help, thank you VERY MUCH! I have already done that before seeing your post, on a borrowed 64bit laptop of course, but I can confirm that it works perfect in Windows 7 32 bit. :bow:

I'm not obliged to be helpful to everyone.

I admit I've been aggressive

I know, you are just a cocky, ignorant and aggressive sarcastic troll. Who would expect ANYTHING from you?

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
By the way some folks still use windows 98 so according to you that would be...... outrageous???? :wtf:

It's not outrageous, but using Windows 98 is pretty inconvenient. It's also very different to Windows NT based OS, I seem to remember it being a pain supporting both. One of the projects I contribute to has even removed support for windows XP, although that is down to DirectX limitations.

But dropping support for 32 bit Windows is a bit weird. Some relatively recent hardware is limited to 32 bit.

JimmyZ

Sarcastic Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Oh, so lets talk more about this, I see nocash said he still "develops"(I don't know what he meant by "develop", is it just testing on 98 or he did the entire writing/assembling/testing on 98, let's assume the later) on Windows 98 for compatibility, how does that stand? you can always write code on a newer platform for newer tools or just convenience and test on a VM with old operating systems, and also, why stop there? there is no love for Windows 95? 3.11? DOS? well it's his choice I have no rights to judge but that really doesn't look like valid reasoning, on the other hand, nocash only programs in ASM, even GUI programs, if he opts to only use ASM for certain parts and use C for the rest, the time saving might have given birth to more inspirational researches, but people are not always rational, and do make ridiculous decisions now and then.

If you think I'm "belittle"ing nocash, no, you're the idiot.

FYI, that "Sarcastic Troll" in my profile, it's not labeled by mods, I wrote that, happy to oblige.

Last edited by JimmyZ,

JimmyZ

Sarcastic Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
But dropping support for 32 bit Windows is a bit weird.
FYI nobody is dropping or "picking up" 32 bit Windows compatibility in this thread, AFAIK TWLTool 1.6 code is fairly portable, it's just there's only a Windows 64 bit binary in the OP.

Some relatively recent hardware is limited to 32 bit.
I believe you're talking about some low budget(I'm trying not to say cheap, it might hurt somebodies' feelings) Atom Windows machines, it's really a funny topic though, they usually comes with very limited memory like 1GB, so manufacturers decides to pre-install 32 bit windows, then windows bitness must match UEFI bitness, so they comes with 32 bit UEFI, so you're stuck with 32 bit windows. But, they're 64 bit capable, you can still install 64 bit Linux on them and run 64 bit code. other than that, there's no "relatively recent hardware limited to 32 bit" AFAIK.

JimmyZ

Sarcastic Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
BTW be caucious using TWLTool older than 1.6 to crypt the NAND if you intend to write it back to DSi, in 1.6 changelog:
-TWL decryption now decrypts MBR and partitions (copying the rest) instead of annhilating unencrypted parts
I'm not sure what exactly he meant by annhilating, if the data was dropped, don't use it, if the data was crypted together with others, then just don't mix pre 1.6 versions with post 1.6 versions.

Last edited by JimmyZ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...