1. Zkajavier

Zkajavier GBAtemp Regular

Costa Rica
    For some reason every time I try to install a lockscreen on nxthemes 2.2, 9.1.0 Atmosphere 0.10.1, atmosphere crashes. If I delete the themes folder on "Contents" it boots again, and if I install anything but a lockscreen themes are working fine, it's just lockscreens that are crashing to me, any lockscreen from any theme.

I tried extracting the home menu again, deleting everything in "Contents" folder and replace them with fresh files, and it's still happening.

I guess we need to wait for a 0.10.1 update? :P

Last edited by Zkajavier, Dec 19, 2019
    MewtwoFanz likes this.
  2. danfozzy85

danfozzy85 Member
    Newcomer

Barbados
    Might be an isolated case as I'm using 2.2 on atmos 0.10.1 with lock screens and it's working fine, with the 3 three themes I've played with?

Any logs or crash reports you can provide?

3. exelix11

OP exelix11 Developer
    Developer

Italy
    Themes work fine for me on latest atmosphere, sounds like the home menu patches aren't being applied, check on your sd how many files are in /atmosphere/exefs_patches/NxThemesInstaller, try to delete this folder and install a lock screen again

Zkajavier likes this.
  4. Zkajavier

Zkajavier GBAtemp Regular

Costa Rica
    You are right, there might have been a remnant from a previous version, deleting that folder made it work like charm again, thank you!

5. HinaNaru Cutie

HinaNaru Cutie GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Zero-sama likes this.
  6. MewtwoFanz

MewtwoFanz Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I'm new to the switch themes scene, so I have two questions about this.

First, I'm running SX OS v2.9.3 on my switch on fw 9.1.0, and I can't install lock screen themes (basically they crash when I install them), but I can install any other theme. is there a similar solution to that, like the person above me who is running atmosphere that just fixed their issue? or is there a different solution I should try?

And second, I've been beta testing some of my own themes I created. But I was wondering, how do I create custom icons for the album, system settings, controller, news page, eshop, and power buttons? I don't necessarily want anything too fancy, mostly I just want to add a transparent background to the icons, and I really want to create a custom homebrew app icon in place of the album.

I someone can help me with both of these questions, that would be most appreciated. thank you for your time.

Last edited by MewtwoFanz, Feb 9, 2020
  7. 8BitWonder

8BitWonder Small Homebrew Dev

United States
    From the Qcean Discord Server:

8. MewtwoFanz

MewtwoFanz Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Thank you for the reply. I didn't realize that they were completely broken on SX OS. Thanks for letting me know.

9. exelix11

OP exelix11 Developer
    Developer

Italy
    Actually SX did implement ips patches in their latest beta and it's already possible to use lockscreen themes by manually copying the patches from the themes installer repo, as soon as they release it into stable i'll add support for SX too.

Using the PC theme injector you can select .png images for the custom button icons, these have to be of a specific size and only be white over transparent, don't remember the size rn but there's a "?" button, click on it for more info. They're not supported yet for the web injector if you're using that, may come with a future update.

10. strongsneeze

strongsneeze Member
    Newcomer

Belgium
    hello, i have been trying to make a theme and there are a few things i don't understand, when i select an image is it used for only the target that i choose? i would like to make a theme with different images and different layouts for the lockscreen and homescreen but i dont see any option to choose different images and layouts for the different screens, can anyone explain this to me? thanks

11. exelix11

OP exelix11 Developer
    Developer

Italy
    Yes, each nxtheme is a single part of the home menu. To theme multiple parts you make multiple nxthemess. A full theme is composed by multiple nxtheme files.

strongsneeze likes this.
  12. DerEineee

DerEineee GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    It always crashes on my switch when I select the folder with the theme in it :/

I am on the latest firmware (9.1.0)(emuNAND), unsing athmosphere 0.10.2 with hekate as my boot loader.

Can someone please help me out? I tried a few themes so I don't think that the theme caused the problem.
    My SDCard ist fat32 and the archiveBITs are ok.

Thanks in advance

13. exelix11

OP exelix11 Developer
    Developer

Italy
    Not sure, i'd say delete the themes folder, launch the themes installer once so it will re-create it, then copy only this theme that seems to crash via FTP (this is important !) and launch again. If now it works it was clearly the archive bit, if it does't the theme could be corrupted or was manually edited.

14. Lunatics

Lunatics GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If I am running the latest sx os beta and latest switch OS on my CFW, can I use custom themes with SX OS? And if I read correctly, when you update the firmware you need to delete the theme first then reinstall it?

15. exelix11

OP exelix11 Developer
    Developer

Italy
    Yes, currently only lock screen themes don't work on sxos, for latest beta there's a workaround which will hopefully become officially supported with next update.
    You can find another thread on gbatemp about that

16. Lunatics

Lunatics GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If it's not too much to ask would you be able to point me in the right direction about using it with sx os, or this workaround?

17. exelix11

OP exelix11 Developer
    Developer

Italy
  18. Lunatics

Lunatics GBAtemp Regular

United States
  19. mikifantastik98

mikifantastik98 GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    when you waste half day to improving image quality ... but ... Themes NX compression ... Destroy your work :nayps3:
    :rofl2:
    @exelix11 any solution ?

before - after.png

20. exelix11

OP exelix11 Developer
    Developer

Italy
    That is DXT1 compression and there's no way around it, the best you can do is use a good texture packer to encode a dds yourself (Only DXT1 supported) and use that in the theme injector so you can have a good preview of what will show up.

mikifantastik98 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Tutorial], [Release, injector