1. Reecey

OP Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Fix for the Lockscreen Theme for the latest sxos beta on 9x Firmware.

Just unzip to your sd card. Developed by @exelix11 so it's legit, fully working & tested by myself. He does mention the theme installer will receive an update so when this happens you will need to delete the "exefs_patches" folder.

I won't take any credit for this, it's exelix11's work who created the theme installer for the Nintendo Switch so thank him for this.

Github Link
    https://github.com/exelix11/SwitchThemeInjector/tree/master/SwitchThemesNX/romfs/patches

Attached Files:

• sxos.rar
      File size:
      485 bytes
      Views:
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
    lordelan, peteruk and exelix11 like this.
  2. exelix11

exelix11 Developer
    Developer

Italy
    A few notes:
    These are the same patches used for atmosphere and reinx it's just that sxos didn't support ips patching (the exefs_patches folder) till now apparently.
    Seems to be working only on latest sxos beta, but it's not stated in the changelog, tbh wouldn't be surprised if they enabled it by mistake and were to remove it in the next update.
    I'd apreciate if you could put a link the the github folder instead of just providing a zip cause it will be always up to date as patches for future updates are added there.
    Even with these patches on the sd the theme installer will complain about unsupported firmware when installing a lockscreen assuming it actually works you can ignore that message, in case of error on boot just delete the home menu folder from layeredFS as usual.
    IDK when i'm going to add support for sxos in the theme installer, for sure not before exefs patches support makes it into a stable release. Until then i'm not providing support for people with sxos and lockscreen themes either, mainly cause i can't test it myself.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Also, you messed up downloading the 9D... file from github and the one in your zip is actually an html document, which clearly won't work:
    upload_2020-1-13_16-5-37.png

Jonhy and Reecey like this.
  3. Reecey

Thanks for letting me know, it was my fault, fixed zip file also github link added, sorry about that.

The lock screen exefs patches work, just thought I would let you know well done :)

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  4. Jonhy

Jonhy GBAtemp Fan

United States
    exelix11 thank you so much! :)

exelix11 likes this.
  5. Reecey

I don't think you guys quite understand what this means, whats been discovered? try reading again what we both say and then have a think :unsure: :wtf::D

6. drguild

drguild Member
    Newcomer

Working fine here SX 2.93 great to have lock-screens again.

Looking forward to later proper nx theme support.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Lockscreen, Firmware, Patches